the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
We walked the narrow trail, I had to actually concentrate on my steps—every once in a while one hoof would slip out and successfully startle me enough that feathers would unfurl ever so slightly from their sheath before settling back down. Apparently even Czar’s would make mistakes. Wilibald kept my mind busy from the slipping and sliding, he was as charming as interesting, “Nay, there aren’t assigned bedding arrangements. Many of this herd chooses to sleep among the timbers, while others seem to rest at random." I thought of the old Magnolia back home, and wondered if someone had taken my spot beneath its branches—or even if Cera still took to dreams from underneath its protection.

“Most of the time thee will see signs of claimed sleeping locations—I’d recommend the mixed hardwoods north of fall’s meadow, they seem to be the least occupied and the most comfortable.”

Fina met us at the bottom. She had a lizard locked in her talons and was gleefully picking it apart. A quiet and discreet breath of relief was emitted the moment hooves touched solid soil, my companion snickered without looking up at us. Her flaming feathers a brilliant shine compared to the dull tan dirt. “I never knew ye were afraid of high places.” Giggles were interrupted by the slurping sounds of flesh greedily being sucked down. I shook my head, flicking banner back against hocks sharply.

“She laughs at my climbing and sliding skills,” I translated sleeplessly, turning to offer Wilibald an apologetic grin.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 04-14-2014, 04:44 PM