the Rift

[OPEN] i like warm hugs

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

When she had first arrived back, she was light as air, ready for anyone and anything. But now, she felt a sudden wave of mislead feelings, a want for the thing that she will yet again, never receive. The want to be horned was still apparent, but the want for the love of a family member had now seemed to become stronger than the will to be special. Feeling empty and alone was usual for her, she was used to hiding her pain and fear behind the mask of a smile and a kind and caring attitude towards everything and everyone. But now, the pent up sadness, anger, and pain hit her all at once. Without any thought, she spurred off into a gallop, her long pillars stretching forward to eat up the land, sending snow flying in all directions. 

Flanks heaving and nares flaring, she had to come to a stop. Having ran across most of Helovia (or so it seemed) she felt as if she would pass out from the unbearable pressure in her temples and the throbbing of her heart. She glanced around curiously, still seriously winded, but not to bad to be unaware of her surroundings. Taking a few shaky steps, a greenish pond came into View, surrounded by some pine trees and oaks, as Well as some dead leafless trees rising from the waters. She stayed were she was, unsure of her location, although she could faintly sent the sea on the breeze. The girl let out a small, questioning nicker, wondering if anyone would bother to answer and save her from this internal exhaustion. 

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

I had yet to reach a weight suitable for prolonged forays beyond my home, but the constant ache of curiosity drew me nonetheless out of the Edge. I had much to study there, of course, but so long as it remained my home, I felt free to do so at my leisure. Much more pressing: I knew very little of Helovia at large. The map I kept in memory was desperately blank, pitiful in its ignorance. And if I hated anything, I hated ignorance. Eager to remedy the situation, I ventured away from the near-familiarity of the forest and traveled under new trees.

Sunlight dappled the ground as I moved; it fell in bright waves, welcoming despite the lingering chill. But I smelled spring in the air, now and again – in the buds underfoot and the nervous chattering of other animals. For the most part, I ignored them; all I wanted out of spring was green to eat. Gone were the days, for better or worse, that I turned a more curious eye on the fauna around me; I had decided, at long last, to devote my efforts to the World’s Edge, rather than my own more selfish pursuits. Narcissism had won me only bitterness, through ten long years. I had little to lose in changing tact, though perhaps common knowledge knew better than I about old dogs and new tricks.

Gradually, the trees closed in around me. The scent of green increased, thick and wet, and with it the illusion of privacy. My ears twitched; a wariness sung in my nerves, though no sound of company broke through the hush of wood. Perhaps I had grown paranoid in my old age – but there! Hooves, moving fast, rolled over nearby earth. My ears came forward, shoulders tensed. I did not wish to flee – could not flee very far. And who saw fit to interrupt my walking, anyway?

As the noise died down, I ventured toward it. After a moment, the small inquiry of a feminine voice met my ears – not frightened. Perhaps stretching the muscles, then? I had known warriors to do so. With a snort, I broke forward the last few steps, until my eyes picked out a shape patterned in white and brown, framed by a pool of still water just behind her. Her flanks heaved as if with exertion; I supposed she and the owner of the running hooves were one and the same. ”Are you lost?” I asked dryly, head cocked the better to study her. She was dainty, and bare of head – another equine. Perhaps they outnumbered the other kinds, here. I gave a short nod of my head. ”I am Ruske. I was taking a walk, before you interrupted.”

[ @[Abishia] do you want to be tagged? ]