the Rift

[OPEN] There Is Something In The Air And It's Not Birds

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

Birdsong. Everywhere.

Not a single second goes by without a fucking bird calling out. This should be the time to be happy, as love and sexual frustration hangs in the air, but those flying monkeys keeps ruining it!

With ears flat to the skull - I stand - refusing to listen to their fucking lovemaking and whatnot. At least there are few thistles here now, as I did not have a pleasant meeting with them the last time. I can be happy for that. So I stand there, trying to force a smile on my face while the world frantically tries to make more of itself. How stupid. Who want's more birds or lizards or even maggots running and flying around? Stupid world. I should burn it down.

Or eat it. That would work too.

The corners of my mouth strech as I am finally able to smile at the thought of me eating everything with a pulse. Imagine how fat I would be, wobbling around like a ball of fluff and hair. Wait. How will I get around? What if my belly is so big that my legs don't work. Damn. I didn't think of that.

No, I will not eat everything, even though the thought amuses me in a weird way.

So what should I do? Should I stand here, gritting my teeth while the others are happily trying to make babies, or should I actually go and do something productive? Maybe I should.. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" My dark voice scatter across the meadow in a desperate attempt to calm everything down. It does not work, so when a bird takes to it's wings a few feet away, I dash after it. "Why don't you all just shut up and let people think? Do you think you are better than me? Huh? You think so? Come here you little piece of shit! I'll show you how to make some real noise!"

So, in hindsight, it may not have been the smartest thing I could do. I mean, it is not like me to run around after a bird while I yell insults at it. But what can I say - there is something in the air.

OOC: Open to anyone! :D

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

Spring has finally come to this strange new land, and you couldn’t be happier. As the snow melts away from the earth, your winter coat sloughs off of your body, revealing the slender shape beneath. You are eager to rid yourself of this unsightly fluff, and this meadow is the perfect place to do it. You abhor burrs, but your milky hair clings to the stickers of the plants as you brush by the tall stalks and crush the little ones underfoot. It is a tricky business, this shedding. A good roll would solve most of your problems, but you don’t favor the idea of your pale body coated in stinking muck. So, you pick your way along the perimeter of the meadow, brushing past the plants and picking out burrs alternately, enjoying the new warmth in the breeze.

That’s when you hear the yelling. A fight. Your ears prick in interest, and you cock your head, attempting to discern the location of the noise. You have no interest in getting in the middle of an altercation, but the heightened emotions that this season seems to bring give you a rich playground. Winners have egos to be stroked, and losers have despair to pick apart. The aftermath, after all, is always the best part. You trot eagerly through a little copse of trees, and lo and behold, there…he? is. Momentarily, you are confused. Who is he talking to? There is no one else around, and your heart sinks in disappointment and irritation. Another one of the crazies, out screaming at the sky.

@[Windwalker]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Birdsong was in full swing, and honestly, things couldn’t have been better.

The bright, shining sun began to invigorate her life. For once, she was glad to leave the winter behind, and enjoy the new life that was sprouting. The warmth of the sun caressing her back put her in the most joyous of moods. The Thistle Meadow was one of the places she planned to frequently visit. The expanse of the open field would provide a wondrous scene of thriving flora and fauna.

The warm, dry air embraced her body as she flew across the landscape, quickly coming upon the open meadow. Her body crash-landed not far away, her stumbling body quickly regaining footing. For some odd reason, no matter how long she had known how to fly, landing was not a thing she could ever do gracefully.

She shook her head an held her head high in style. She felt a little cocky, and even such a terrible landing would not ruin her day. In fact, nothing would ruin her day. Not even-

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!”

Elsa’s ears swiveled quickly upon her head, as she jerked her body in the direction of the sound. Some other words continued, irritated and annoyed. Elsa laughed; she could only imagine what lay at the other end of those words. Maybe a short, angry pony? Maybe a large, overly stupid draft? Whichever the thing chose to be, it would more than entertain Elsa in her overly amused state.

Elsa trotted along, arriving no later than a few moments after the words had ceased to complain. At the origin of these words lay a black, tall stallion, which looked to be equine. Elsa then laughed aloud, approaching with caution thrown to the wind. Who needed to be careful? His anger would obviously blind him should he feel the need to try and tear her to shreds. "I don't think yelling at the air is going to do you any good." She stated, chuckling again, not even noticing the other mare. Until you glance over, and offer a smile. "Let loose a little." She finished, offering her best advice to the stallion.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hidden Account
Nanna

Such stupid little creature birds are. If it had a brain in it's little head, it should fly up instead of soaring at the same height too long. With a massive kick from my hindlegs, I momentarily fly before my jaws gets a hold of it's wing. When a few drops of blood find their way down the throat, I land with a massive thump on the ground. It's only because I have so many failed attempts at flying, that I can land somewhat gracefully.

The bird squeaks for another chance at life, but today I am ruthless. With a massive shake of my head, I break it's neck while the wing is still caught in my mouth.

It's funny how some smells are easier to recognize than others, for no sooner than I was about to devour this lump of feathers and bone, my nose caught my attention. With a slow movement I turn my body around and suddenly I am not alone. Two mares have found their way here, one a little bit bolder than the other, but still - TWO! And one even talks.

I spit the bird out of my mouth before I pull myself together I comment on the winged mare's stupid advice. "I was not yelling at the air. I was trying to quiet down the birds, but as they did not listen..well.." Should I feel bad for killing the bird? I drop my gaze to it, but as I feel nothing (only hunger), I focus on the one in the back. She is pretty, as is the one who just spoke, but they look at me as I am some crazy dude and I don't like that.

What do I do? I turn on my charm. "Anyone hungry?" I ask with a grin as I kick the dead bird towards the winged mare. "Or should I get another one so we don't have to share?"

@[Sheba] & @[Elsa]

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

Two things happen at once: another mare joins you, and the massive black stallion launches himself into the air after a little dark blur, which, as it turns out, is (or was) a bird. Even from where you stand, you can hear the sickening snap of its neck as the lunatic shakes it in a mad frenzy. You are considering backing silently into the woods—you don’t have the patience for one of the loonies today, thank you—but you aren’t quick enough. You curse silently as he turns around and spots you. At this point, running would be futile. He is much larger and could easily overtake you, and besides, you’re no chickenheart. Once he’s distracted with the girl, you decide, then you can slip away.

Speaking of the other mare, she’s started talking. You wonder if she’s merely confident that she can escape easily by wing, or if she’s downright foolish, approaching this savage. “I don't think yelling at the air is going to do you any good,” she tells him. “Let loose a little.” Let loose?! That’s the sage advice she’s imparting to this maniac? Did she not just see what he did to the bird? If she thinks she can fly away faster than that, she’s either the stupidest creature you’ve ever met, or she’s madder than he is.

But, Crazy here has got a reply. "I was not yelling at the air. I was trying to quiet down the birds, but as they did not listen…well…" Your eyes flicker to the mutilated bird, and you stifle a gag. Sure, you’re no stranger to gore, but somehow this is different. This giant smacks of unbalanced power and a lack of control that make you uneasy. He’s unhinged. As if he can hear your thoughts—for you still haven’t spoken—the brute grins wildly. “Anyone hungry?” he enquires lightly, shoving the tiny corpse towards the pegasus. “Or should I get another one so we don’t have to share?” No, thank you. The featherbrain could have this one (and his bird) all to herself.

He’s looking at you expectantly, and you suppose it would do you well to answer. You’ve been silent long enough, and it wouldn’t do to upset him. It will be a balancing act, being friendly, but not too friendly—you’ll leave that to Birdbrain over here. “I’m afraid I’ve lost my appetite,” you reply, careful to keep Birdbrain between Crazy and yourself. “That was quite the catch, though,” you add, intending to appease him.

@[Windwalker] & @[Elsa]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
There was a sickening crunch, and a bird carcass is hanging from his mouth. Elsa lifted an inquisitive brow as the bird was then thrown to the ground. Blackie here didn’t seem to appreciate her advice, but still, he needed a better way to let go of his anger! Apparently these poor avian species were just the source of his anger. Elsa couldn’t help but let out a quick, hardy laugh. How could a bird annoy you? They were nature’s sound box, without them, life was boring.

Suddenly, and rather snarky, he kicked the dead bid towards Elsa. Her eyes narrowed as he then started to address the unicorn nearby. Unipie then began to approach, turning on her own charm. Elsa felt as if she was going to be sick. Maybe they were secretly bird-killing lovers. As she finished, Elsa looked pointedly back to Blackie and shrugged. She lifted her wings as if to make a point, eating a bird would be slightly cannibalistic. "Oh yes, let me eat my own kind..." She muttered, gently lifting the carcass in her mouth to set it at the base of a nearby tree. It was one of the few that peppered this open plain. She moved back over toward the little gathering, and shrugged. "This looks like the start of a bad joke.." She added, looking around. A crazy equine, a white pegasus, and a flirty unicorn walk into a field..

Yep, that sounded like the start to a terrible joke. "I'm Elsa." She added nonchalantly with a shrug, figuring she might as well get the most out of this conversation. "So what brings you all here on this fine day to kill birds?" She finished, eyeing both of the figures before her.

"Talking"
@[Windwalker] You only need to tag me if i'm next to reply. :3
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hidden Account
Nanna

How much power can a few words hold? I never thought about it before, as I let the mares speak and be done with the jokes. And then it comes - her own kind. As the words leave her lips, I change my focus and forget all about the horned one. I oddly enough feel mad at her words, as if I am not a pegasi anymore. And that's wrong. The blood will forever flow in my veins, no matter if I have wings or not. Everything else that is spoken, I forget momentarily.

"Really? So if I am to eat that bird, does that make me a cannibal?" I wait for a smart-ass reply and cock my head to hear it better. Has it really healed that much? I resist the urge to take a look at my side to see if I fall between two categories - am I a wingless pegasi or a feathered equine?

I watch the now, both of them, and I wonder if they would like me more if I still had my wings. Dammit! Why do mares always get under my skin and fuck with my head? If I wanted that, I could just trail after Africa all the time and get my heart broken every hour. No, I stand there with two options - horn or wings.

The choice is easy.

"You both should leave." I say as I let each of them take up the focus of my eyes. I speak my next words from my heart, as the pain from breaking one soul still lingers. "I am not saying this because I like to be the creepy, crazy, bird-killing guy, but because I do not wish to hurt any of you."

I bet they both have a loving family and friends and a lover and all that shit, so I don't want to mess things up, even if they are strangers. They should have noticed by now, how my body is tense, the breathing deeper and the mirror to my soul is closed.

@[Sheba]
OOC - So.. Windy is back in black. If you know what I mean :p