the Rift

[OPEN] cheers to new beginnings

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>
From the Threshold to the World's Edge I was followed by this rather handsome stallion. Today, no titillating fantasies traipse through my brain, though. Remember, that's how I got pregnant. The conspicuous and slightly virile stallion with the cerise lips had inveigled me with only his eyes. My cheeks are florid just remembering the queer night. Not only had the scarlet lipped teenager service me, but also a stallion who seemed to be a sort of ruffian. I am not the proudest of this situation, but I can't help what happened. The entire situation must be perplexing to hear, now fantasize you are in it.

That is how I am feeling.

My entire skeleton grows with a child-like giddy as the remains of the glass wall come into view. "There use to be a wall here, but when sickness took over these lands, all of Helovian was forced into a cave system. When we emerged from the cave, this wall was in shreds." I speak only the truth and hope to ease any worry that may hang in his stomach. Hopefully, this titan can feel at ease here in these lands. He may find true happiness and joy bundled in these lands, like I have found.

I halt when we are on the outside of the World's Edge, the border. The glass remains spread as far as I can see both ways. Ahead of us, is the woodland known as the World's Edge. I scan the area, checking to see if there are any high ranked members of the World's Edge; anyone that can accept Draeseong. Turning to look at the stallion, I see that he seems happy to be going somewhere, doing something... or at least that is how I envision his thoughts. He should be able to clearly see what glass shards I was referring to earlier. "It is said that whatever the World's Edge's winds touch, is part of the land. Unfortunately, we do not rely on the silver mists, but on this damaged wall now." After I say these words, I realize that I hate this damned wall and hope no one gets the idea to rebuild it. I'd personally miss the freedom of a wall-less territory.

I look straight ahead now, tearing my eyes away from this stallion (that will hopefully become a new member). "Well, let's move." A subtle command, maybe, or perhaps a strongly recommended option. I walk forward, leaving the glass shreds behind me. I am cautious as to not step on a fragment of the clear solid, as a slice on my delicate frog would not be nice.

A soft hiss escapes Shilva's lips and the end of my porcelain maw curves upward into a slight smile. This little snake is sweet and cute, but I think I'll set her free when she is of a mature age.

Where, or where, are the higher ranked horses? "Someone of a higher rank must accept you. I'm sure we will bump into one soon!" My tone is optimistic, and my speed slows, allowing Draeseong (at least I think that's what he said his name is?) to come and walk next to me, if he pleases. I wouldn't mind a conversation right now.

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; @[Draeseong] post here! @[Abishia] & @[Brisa]. If you decided to follow Aurelia, feel free to post here. You can say that you were a little behind, admiring the landscape or something and just caught up. :3 @[Kaj] will come and accept you into the Edge! :D
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Staring up into the eyes of the stallion Draeseong she felt herself unravel in the blink of an eye losing all concept of what she had been planning to say. Apparently she hadn't improved as much as she thought she had in such an instance. If she could have blushed she would already be red in the face at her response but also by the words that followed. Did he really mean that she was pretty? The thought came as a shock to her but sent her flying high above the clouds with such a compliment. Rarely did she ever get spoken to in the first place but a compliment! Inside she was estatic and completely thrilled lighting her eyes up upon her features. The decision to go investigate the pegasus had definitely made her day.

Fumbling for words she fidgeted in spot slightly knowing that Draeseong would be expecting some sort of response from her. As words came to her she didn't get the chance to speak before another painted mare showed herself followed by another mare closely behind her who pretty much left them no choice other than to follow her back to the herd. Her mood fizzled somewhat down with the appearance of the others so soon but there was nothing she could do about it. Watching Aurelia walk off as quickly as she came she couldn't help but think she was making a huge deal over nothing. None of them had been witness to any sickness since the caves, at least that she knew of, was there something else she was missing? Draeseong spoke again before turning to follow the pregnant Aurelia leaving her standing there trying to figure out what had just happened. Blinking a couple times to refocus her thoughts back to something other than the beautiful pegasus, with a hesitant nod she made her legs move forward after the departing pair.

Feeling a little left out of the group she hung back a couple feet from the others not sure if Aurelia had really meant for her to tag along as well, but where else could she go other than home. Thinking back to the beautiful words the stallion had spoken to her she couldn't help but smile at what it made her feel inside. She would have loved to speak to him more but without the presence of the others all crooning for the stallion's attention. Asking to speak with him was like her learning to fly, she was too shy to be so up front about her feelings towards a stranger or anyone really. As they neared the wall marking the herdland or the remnants of the wall, the distance separating each of them narrowed until she found herself standing beside the stallion. Casting a bashful glance in his direction she quickly turned her attention back to Aurelia trying to hide her shyness.

TAGS: @[Draeseong], @[Abishia], @[Aurelia]
MUSE: Excellent
NOTES: --

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Draeseong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

--✖ status

Time: Mid-morning

Mood: Relieved

Condition: Healthy

Characters: Draeseong, @[Brisa], @[Aurelia]

--✖ you're gonna miss me

Draeseong followed the ivory dappled mare, taking in every subtle change in their surroundings as they neared the area known as the World's Edge. The stallion took note of glass shards Aurelia had pointed out. He imagined what it must've been like during the time of the caves. He thought the herds must've felt scared, worried, and hopeful that things would be alright- then crushed when they found the destruction.
A sense of happiness filled his heart that the inhabitants of this land had thrived on, which gave him hope for a new life- a better life- in these lands.

When they approached the Edge's border, the amount of broken shards had grown significantly. He was careful to step around the pieces, his hooves dancing in a rhythmic pattern as he dodged the wreckage.
Aurelia mentioned a higher ranking horse was needed to formally accept him into the herd. He was quite anxious to meet them- to meet anyone actually. He was just so thankful to be doing something for once, that didn't include running from danger or annoyances.

Draeseong took note of the mare's decrease in speed and quickened his trot to make him level with her. He gave an elegant toss of his mane and shifted his aquamarine gaze towards her, the aura patterns in his eyes turning into a fox prancing through a meadow.

"My dear, I couldn't help but notice you seem slightly troubled. Perhaps I misread your expression? Or would you like to talk about it? I understand if you wish not to, of course."

A soft smile grazed across his face, eyes warm with the feeling of fellowship. It was nice to have actual company. It had been so long, he had forgotten what it was like.

His mind flashed back to the chestnut tobiano mare from before.
Abishia, was it?
He wondered if she'd join them soon, but his thoughts were distracted when the sound of light hooves echoed behind the stallion.

His ears pricked back and he subtly glanced over his back.
It was the dapple grey mare from before. She had caught up to the pair.
His smile perked up at once corner as he flicked his tail, long locks waving gracefully in the air, silver strands catching the rising sun's light through the filter of trees. His signal let her know that he acknowledged her presence and wished to continue their conversation at another time when there were less mares, for her comfort of course. She did have this rather quirky charm that he was drawn to, along with captivating beauty. He almost didn't want to look away. However, he decided running into trees would not be the best first impression to his new companions. He gave a very quiet, almost inaudible nicker before refocusing his gaze on the path in front of him, if you could call it a path.

when I'm gone ✖--

Layout and coding © Lawlius.
HORSE BY LARISSAALLEN ~ HOOVES BY SLIME-STOCK ~ FEATHERS BY HYPERACTIVE-ACTIVATE
WINGS BY ELEVIT-STOCK ~ BACKGROUND BY FINSTERNIS-STOCK ~ EVERYTHING ELSE AMOURANTH

baylee
Aurelia</style>
My slow pace gives me a moment to catch my breath after a long time trotting. My added weight doesn't help me at all. Actually, it does the opposite. I have to duck away from branches in fear that they will stab my belly and injure whatever is inside. Perhaps this is why I keep my wings folded at my sides. I don't think Draeseong even realizes how fat I am. I'm either fat and pregnant, having twins, or having a really big baby. Honestly, I hope it's the first option. I can loose weight no problem, but if I have a big baby that grows up and decides to hurt me for being a bad mother (which I fear I will be), I will have a big horse to run from, not a petite one.

Shilva swats me with the end of her tail, shaking my worries out of my head, momentarily. Draeseong is speaking and I wouldn't have heard him if she hadn't knocked me out of my deep thinking. ""My dear, I couldn't help but notice you seem slightly troubled. Perhaps I misread your expression? Or would you like to talk about it? I understand if you wish not to, of course."" I can't help, but smile a beautiful white smile at him. This stallion is genuinely sweet. I'm very glad I found him and not some rude and snide horse, or worse-- a racist horse.

"Oh dear, it's quite a story. I will tell you the shortened version. If you care to hear the full story, we can talk in private." The shimmering image of Brisa pops into my mind. Where is that mare? It's been like an entire five minutes. Which is actually a lot of time. Maybe we should have waited for her. "Not long ago, I was... how do you put it... serviced? Yea, serviced by nor one, but two stallions. Both seemed to be in a haze, as they had drank some foul smelling liquid. With their judgement clouded, they made their move on me." I pause, my smile weakening and fading. I look at the ground and ahead, but avoid eye contact. "I'm pregnant, but with no idea who the father is. This is a rough story already, but to add to it, I'm only two years old." I sigh and bob my head side to side, almost scoldingly at myself. "The rest of the story is quite interesting, if you care to hear at a later time."

Then, I hear Brisa join us. I feel very shy, very vulnerable. I avoid eye contact with the both of them. Even without looking at them directly, I see him stare at her for a few seconds through my peripheral vision. "Dang, boy. You work faster then me." I shoot him a glance for a mere second before halting. He gets the ladies faster then I get the gentlemen. "We'll wait here, perhaps the higher ranked will walk into us, instead of us walking past them and missing them." I turn so I am facing the both of them.

My fave is blank, maybe a mirror to whatever they wanted to see. I'm not going to pretend to be happy right now, when I'm clearly not. Deep inside of me, worry, doubt, fear, and concern are all etched into me. There is only slight happiness, and that is because I have this fabulous place to call my home.

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; @[Draeseong] @[Brisa]

image credits

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

"You needn't worry, Aurelia, I am already here." The vocals are distinctly amused, smile similarly so as the pale golden King steps from the mists. Their voices had been loud, clamorous in their excitement and numbers, but the timely arrival was in part due to Kaj's patrolling of the shattered wall they stood before. Aurelia and Brisa he acknowledged with a kindly smile and a tilt of his crown as he stepped closer, revealing himself from the lingering mists of the deeper parts of the forest. Massive wings shook the droplets of moisture from his plumage, shifting to lay in a militaristic fashion against his pale sides, tight and drawn high and proud. Perhaps not as comfortable as a loosely lain pair, but he was an old-fashioned type, and would not appear lacking to those who sought homage in his lands. Eyes swept over the two of his flock he knew, extending a pale gold-white muzzle to the closest- Aurelia- for a warm greeting of her choosing. "I am glad to see you both home safely. And with a new family member, perhaps?" His eyes cut to Draeseong, sharp and intelligent in their pale blue depths, sweeping over him as Kaj withdrew slowly from Aurelia.

Moving closer to the only other stallion, the King smiled and gave a half-bow of his body, crown tilting in acknowledgement of the other brute before him. "And so you have arrived safely, my friend. My name is Kaj, though I am known as the Storm Bringer. I rule over these lands with Queen Kahlua. The World's Edge is happy to welcome you. May I know your name, brother?" His voice is deep like thunder, but his eyes are warm and unassuming, masking any thoughts he may have. Better to be underestimated, of course. Not that he fears any violence from the male who spoke in such worried tones to young Aurelia, but it is habit brought over from years of life not nearly as vibrant as those he has experienced in Helovia.

Lifting tall from his previous stance he turns and shepherds them beyond the wall, chortling softly. "Come, let us speak beyond the wall. I am sure Brisa and Aurelia trust you enough to do so? And home beckons, my sisters." He walks a short ways, glancing over his shoulders with a come-hither smile. Though inwardly he is amused by his own gratitude to see another soul just as large and obtrusive in height and mass as he is, for the two of them dwarf their female acquaintances quite obviously. So long as the other stag meant no harm, however, Kaj would be the proper chivalrous host he always was. The mares seemed to enjoy his company, after all, so Kaj would trust their judgment and allow the other stallion entrance into his home while they spoke of more important matters.

@[Brisa] and @[Draeseong]

LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Unregistered

--✖ status

Mood: Relieved

Characters: Draeseong, @[Kaj], @[Brisa], @[Aurelia]

--✖ you're gonna miss me

The atmosphere of Draeseong's smile began to change. It was more of a half-smile now, his eyes engulfed with sympathy for the mare. He had figured she bared a child in her womb, but had not guessed the circumstance of her burden.

"I'm terribly sorry such an event has befallen upon you, my dear. Especially at such a youthful time of your life. My most sincerest condolences."

He trotted along in silence for a moment.

How could any brute take advantage of such an innocent mare? No, of any mare, no matter who it was.

A touch of anger glittered in his eyes beneath the aura, whose pattern swiftly turned into two tigers roaring and clawing at each other before resuming an abstract state. He enjoyed making love as much as the next stallion, perhaps more, but he would never force himself upon a mare. A mount is only acceptable upon invitation. Which for him...was practically all the time. Perhaps other stallions were much less fortunate. Such lowly creatures felt they had no other choice. What a sad life. Either way, it's no excuse to potentially devastate a life and rob her of her beautiful innocence. If he was ever witness to such an event, there would be hell to pay. He realized the intensity of his gaze and cast away these thoughts. They were of no use. Life isn't about dwelling on the bad, it's about looking towards the future and all it has to offer.

On the bright side, no matter the father, I'm sure the foal will inherit his or her mother's beauty."

He gave a warm smile as his aquamarine orbs glanced in her direction for a moment, hoping she wouldn't allow herself to be consumed with feelings of fear and worry for too long. It was much too early in her life to be plagued with such negativity.

A soft nicker escapes him as Aurelia shoots a comment, "Dang, boy, you work fast than me. He tossed his mane gently and a smile of amusement graced his face as he rolled his eyes playfully.

Right as they stopped to wait, a large golden stallion emerged into view. He was quite regal in appearance, dipped with the colors of majesty. Draeseong was briefly reminded of his father, the same flaxen mane. Fortunately, this newcomer didn't appear to be possessed by a demon or have any murderous intentions.

The onyx stallion returned the King's bow, his forelocks dancing before him, eyes filled with a grateful warmth.

I am known as Draeseong. I have traveled great distances in my life, but have never called anywhere home. I humbly thank you for the warm welcome into your beautiful lands."

He rose only after the King had done so and gave a glance back towards Aurelia and Brisa. He gave a devilishly handsome smirk before cantering oh so elegantly after Kaj. For once, he wouldn't have to constantly be on the run. He could perhaps have the peaceful life his mother had always wanted him to have. His heart soared with excitement of what the future had in store, the aura in his eyes momentarily still for the first time in his life.

when I'm gone ✖--

HORSE BY LARISSAALLEN ~ HOOVES BY SLIME-STOCK ~ FEATHERS BY HYPERACTIVE-ACTIVATE
WINGS BY ELEVIT-STOCK ~ BACKGROUND BY FINSTERNIS-STOCK ~ EVERYTHING ELSE AMOURANTH

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

In the lack of something to do the fae couldn't help but watch the interaction between the pregnant mare and the pegasus stallion with slight jealousy wishing that it was her talking with him instead. While she was a little nervous being around him she didn't so much mind him being here with them now. Maybe it was the hormonal changes of the season or just her curiosity getting the better of her again she felt the desire to get to know the stag. Her awkwardness with others had never exactly made her a popular choice for conversations or interactions. There was something troubling Aurelia that she could not quite figure out with what little she could hear of their hushed conversation. It was quite obvious that she was pregnant with her rounded barrel and the tell tale extra weight gain, compared to her thin frame. Her size quite literally was almost two of her put together she figured.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the appearance of their king, Kaj who strode flawlessly towards them as regal as ever. Compared to her he was a giant who was rather intimidating to her with all her insecurities. Dipping her head respectfully as he stopped before them to welcome them all home, she listened without speaking figuring that the other two would say what all was needed. Perking her ears forward and lifting her head to hear what all Kaj would say she couldn't help her eyes wandering to Draeseong as his attention was otherwise preoccupied to notice her gaze. His massive wings lay folded delicately along his sides much neater than she would have thought possible for their size, as for the rest of him it was well.. flawless. A perfect picture of muscle and athletic ability she could only wish that she had an eighth of it, maybe then she would be noticed by others. Well others that did not want to beat her to a pulp after they violated her she thought silently with a slight grimace.

Snapping herself out of her thoughts by movement up ahead she looked up to see the others venturing deeper into the Edge. Picking her feet up she carefully lept over a low lying chunk of the wall to avoid the glass shards before trotting after the departing others wondering where they were going now.

TAGS: @[Kaj], @[Draeseong], @[Aurelia]
NOTES: --

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

baylee
Aurelia</style>
After I speak, he speaks. His words are soft and honest. Perhaps he is trying to become my friend, and I am blocking him out halfway. I'm not good at getting friends. I've never been good at it. Maybe that is why I had to push Africa away. She was too close. I didn't want to hurt her, but by protecting her, I hurt her. Will she ever forgive me? I'm not sure. I just know that it must be painful to watch an adopted daughter walk away like it doesn't hurt.

It does hurt.

My thoughts disappear as his voice echoes through my head. "On the bright side, I perk my ears forward, hoping he will say something uplifting, and he does. "No matter the father, I'm sure the foal will inherit his or her mother's beauty." I blush scarlet. I've never been complimented directly, like this stallion is doing in this moment. "Thank you, Draeseong, but compliments fall short in my eyes. If we become friends one day, you'll learn flattery is just more words for me." I shoot him a playful smile, indulging in his attention. Any attention is nice now, even if it's a stranger's. He seems nice enough to be my friend, right? My red cheeks fade to their normal white color. My golden tattoo on my cheek glimmering with gold.

I loosen my wings slightly and let them droop at my sides. Their starkness is pure, refined, beautiful. Each white feather shimmers beauty, yet I am oblivious to my beauty. I don't think I'm pretty. My eyes are creepy with gold irises and white pupils. That, is something that is questioned a lot. Am I blind? Why, no. I'm not. I'm perfectly healthy except for the fact that I'm pregnant.

Suddenly, Kaj bursts onto the scene. I bend my neck, dipping my head, gracefully. As my head retreats back to it's normal distance, Kaj has his nuzzle stretched out to me. "Yes sir, I've brought Draeseong from the Threshold. I personally think he'll make a great addition if he chooses to stay permanently." I now sport a teethy smile. I'm proud of my recruit. My first time recruiting wasn't a failure like I thought it'd be. Of course, it could have gone better if Abishia had come along, too.

He starts making small talk and then leads us deeper into the World's Edge. I question his intentions in my head, why not question them out, also. "Where are we traveling to, Bringer of Storms?" Kaj now has a nickname. I know of no ways to shorten "Kaj", so why not shorten everything? "If I leave this meeting early, do not be offended, King. I will be out recruiting, but of course" I pause, sipping in the woodland air. "I'll stay if you you want me to...?" I wasn't sure if the King really wanted me here or not, so why not give him the option? He has herded us into the lands, perhaps that's his way of telling me to stay? I honestly, do not know. Stallions are a mystery to me, an unread book, a wrapped present, the quiet before the storm.

I quietly wonder what category Kaj falls under.

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; @[Draeseong] @[Brisa] @[Kaj] Kaj can decide if aurelia stays or not. I know it may feel awkward to have him verbally tell her to stay if that is what he wants, so feel free to allow him to like show her by some action, instead of words. :3 Or he could tell her to go back to recruiting. WHATEVER THHY KAJ PLEASES. and aurelia won't hold a grudge if he asks her to stay.

image credits

[/quote]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

They all act so strangely as he comes upon them, lingering at the threshold of the Edge's land. Brisa is silent where she stands, even as he says her name, while Aurelia is consumed with her own desires. Draeseong is the only one to answer him, to be engaged in the spell the Storm Bringer draws over him. Moments later the large brute is bowing in return, creating a fissure upon Kaj's face that morphs into a pleased smile. Yes, he can see bright things in this fellow's face, and he does not fear that Aurelia and Brisa have made the wrong choice in bringing him to the flock. His words were honorable and soft, and Kaj inclined his head in appreciation for the tone in which his lyrics were woven. "Your gratitude is touching, Draeseong. We welcome all who come with honorable intentions." His smile is wraithlike, but effervescent, clearly enjoying this meeting between the two. Aurelia's words catch at his ears and tug him to her in consciousness, crown turning to regard her in the only respectful way he knows. Eye contact was a must for him in conversation, and so he holds her golden orbs with his own pale blues as she speaks a confirmation. Mighty head nods along her words in agreement, eyes flickering over to gaze upon the steed once more. "I believe you're right, miss Aurelia. The Edge would be proud to have you as a permanent addition, Draeseong."

With those words he urges them beyond the wall, striding confidently over the shattered glass of the old lands he used to know. Those shards don't frighten him anymore, instead they're symbolic of the change the lands have gone through, of the fact that even when there is a war they cannot fight that the Edge will still live on no matter if they are driven from their home. It's not the land that makes them family, it's the bonds that tie them together, invisible strings that resonate throughout them all like an intricate web; it makes them whole on the ideals they all stand by and support.

Aurelia speaks once more and Kaj turns an ear backwards to hear her, sidestepping to look upon her briefly. "Is it not obvious? If Draeseong wishes to stay, then let us show him our home. To linger halfway within the borders will not help him decide if this is the place he desires to be." She continues on, hesitant but clearly not desiring to stay for whatever reason. Kaj frowns lightly at her, not in anger but in contemplation, and remains quiet for a moment. In moments he chuckles softly and shakes his head in amusement. "I cannot hold you here, Aurelia. We are all free spirits. If it pleases you, you may return to the Threshold. Be safe in your travels, golden one," he murmurs softly, brow crinkling in concern for her well-being. But he leaves her to her decision with a subtle bow, eyes moving over her. He doesn't want her leaving the borders alone, she is so young still to him, but he cannot chain her to these lands while proclaiming it is for her own safety. That is not the will of wandering souls. So long as he can offer her a home to return to, he is doing his job.

This meeting is meant for Draeseong, though, and so the King turns and invites the male to his side with a gesture of his wing. "Tell me brother, what does your heart seek? Would you prefer citizenry or a job to fulfill?" Even so, Draeseong is not the only one remaining, and he looks over his golden shoulder to smile beseechingly at Brisa. "Perhaps, when my duties call me back as they inevitably do, Brisa can show you our forests? Would you do me this favor, Brisa?" It is in her right to say no, and he makes it clear in the tone he speaks in, for he will not place one of his flock in an uncomfortable position they do not wish to be in.

LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Unregistered

--✖ status

Mood: Content

Characters: Draeseong, @[Kaj], @[Brisa], @[Aurelia]

--✖ you're gonna miss me

A look of contentment graced Draeseong's face. The great King looked quite pleased with newcomer's reaction. He dips his head in appreciation of the warm welcome and gently tosses his forelocks out of his shimmering eyes, aura patterns resuming a random storm of swirls. They had been still for a few moments, but nothing can tame the demon inside for much longer than that. With his thick mane no longer shielding his view, Draeseong noticed Brisa staring at him out of the corner of his eye. A slight amused smirk danced subtly across his velvet lips and he winked at the mare casually before shifting his weight, large muscles quivering with life before answering the King's invitation.

"Why thank you, your majesty. I just may have to take you up on that most generous offer to stay. I believe the Edge suits me well, judging by the quality of its members that I've had the pleasure of meeting so far. I would be honored to stay."

Draeseong gave another respectful dip of his head, only allowing it to hang very briefly before tossing it up again, his many strands of hair catching the filtered sunlight through the trees.

The onyx stallion followed his new leader, proud to be in the presence of such regality. He admired the golden coat prancing in front of him, such a wonderful gleam it had. This 'Stormbringer' was truly a vision worthy of a kingly title.

His thoughts were interrupted by the encounter of a particularly large chunk of wall up ahead. It would be easier to simply jump over it rather than go out of his way to avoid it.
He turned his trot into a swift canter and gave one gusty beat of his large wings. His powerful hind legs kicked off the shard-ridden ground, muscles contracting with energy.
Fully extended, his span reached about 18 feet across, feathers fluttering in the wind along the edges of the leather folds.
His body glided elegantly over the top of the wall, front hooves landing surprisingly light upon the other side, fetlocks dancing airily.
Back legs followed just as quietly as the front, hardly making a sound for such a great mass colliding with the earth.

It's all in the wing control.

Once fully on the ground, his expansive wings collapsed effortlessly at his sides, as if nothing had happened. He returned to his beautifully gaited trot and listened intently while Aurelia spoke to the King.

"That sounds wonderful, I would indeed love to see more of the lands you all call home. I have seen many places in my travels, but none seemed to have quite the same peaceful atmosphere that I have felt here. It beckons my curiosity."

A youthful shine filled his eyes. He still had the inquisitive nature of a foal, despite his extremely mature body. His transition from colt to stallion was forced upon him prematurely, so he never quite got rid of his childish sides.

Aurelia made comments that showed she had desire to be elsewhere. It seemed she was trying to be respectful of course, but she wouldn't have said anything had she not wished to leave. Draeseong wondered the cause, but figured it wasn't his business.
Besides, he knew Brisa would probably feel more comfortable with the dismissal of the other mare. He subconsciously glanced towards her again and gave a more obvious smile than the last one, swishing his long tail in an unknowingly flirtatious manner.

His thoughts were quickly cast away when the King spoke to him.

"What does my heart seek? Good question, I'll have to ask myself that."

The onyx stallion nickered playfully as he tossed his mane. His gaze turned glassy for a few moments as he pondered his response.

"Well I assume you have the same basic ranks as other herds? Warriors, healers, that sort of thing..."

He paused for a moment longer, trying to finalize his choice of words. He cocked his head and grinned, luscious locks framing his aquamarine eyes quite handsomely.

"To be quite honest...I'm not much a fighter."

He nickered as he quickly realized how silly this must sound, coming from this huge mass of rippling muscles and athletic ability.

"Well I mean, I CAN fight, if absolutely necessary, but it's definitely not my fancy. I prefer to solve things verbally, if possible, so I probably wouldn't be of much use as a warrior.
As far as helping other go, I love to. But I'm not particularly fond of having a burden such as life or death upon my shoulders. I would hate to have another's fate dependent on my abilities. For that reason, I wouldn't have any interest in being a healer..."

His eyes wandered off and zoned out momentarily before he resumed speaking,

"I think I would be best suited for citizenry. Sometimes I like to make....personal journeys, if you will, and wander about a bit. I would hate to thrust too much responsibility upon myself."

His expression was one of warm contentment as he gazed into the King's eyes, aura patterns changing into butterflies fluttering midst a meadow of flowers.

Draeseong was satisfied with his response, and only hoped his rejection of a role wouldn't come off as selfish or irresponsible. A new false reputation was the last thing he needed.

when I'm gone ✖--