the Rift

[OPEN] cheers to new beginnings

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>
After I speak, he speaks. His words are soft and honest. Perhaps he is trying to become my friend, and I am blocking him out halfway. I'm not good at getting friends. I've never been good at it. Maybe that is why I had to push Africa away. She was too close. I didn't want to hurt her, but by protecting her, I hurt her. Will she ever forgive me? I'm not sure. I just know that it must be painful to watch an adopted daughter walk away like it doesn't hurt.

It does hurt.

My thoughts disappear as his voice echoes through my head. "On the bright side, I perk my ears forward, hoping he will say something uplifting, and he does. "No matter the father, I'm sure the foal will inherit his or her mother's beauty." I blush scarlet. I've never been complimented directly, like this stallion is doing in this moment. "Thank you, Draeseong, but compliments fall short in my eyes. If we become friends one day, you'll learn flattery is just more words for me." I shoot him a playful smile, indulging in his attention. Any attention is nice now, even if it's a stranger's. He seems nice enough to be my friend, right? My red cheeks fade to their normal white color. My golden tattoo on my cheek glimmering with gold.

I loosen my wings slightly and let them droop at my sides. Their starkness is pure, refined, beautiful. Each white feather shimmers beauty, yet I am oblivious to my beauty. I don't think I'm pretty. My eyes are creepy with gold irises and white pupils. That, is something that is questioned a lot. Am I blind? Why, no. I'm not. I'm perfectly healthy except for the fact that I'm pregnant.

Suddenly, Kaj bursts onto the scene. I bend my neck, dipping my head, gracefully. As my head retreats back to it's normal distance, Kaj has his nuzzle stretched out to me. "Yes sir, I've brought Draeseong from the Threshold. I personally think he'll make a great addition if he chooses to stay permanently." I now sport a teethy smile. I'm proud of my recruit. My first time recruiting wasn't a failure like I thought it'd be. Of course, it could have gone better if Abishia had come along, too.

He starts making small talk and then leads us deeper into the World's Edge. I question his intentions in my head, why not question them out, also. "Where are we traveling to, Bringer of Storms?" Kaj now has a nickname. I know of no ways to shorten "Kaj", so why not shorten everything? "If I leave this meeting early, do not be offended, King. I will be out recruiting, but of course" I pause, sipping in the woodland air. "I'll stay if you you want me to...?" I wasn't sure if the King really wanted me here or not, so why not give him the option? He has herded us into the lands, perhaps that's his way of telling me to stay? I honestly, do not know. Stallions are a mystery to me, an unread book, a wrapped present, the quiet before the storm.

I quietly wonder what category Kaj falls under.

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; @[Draeseong] @[Brisa] @[Kaj] Kaj can decide if aurelia stays or not. I know it may feel awkward to have him verbally tell her to stay if that is what he wants, so feel free to allow him to like show her by some action, instead of words. :3 Or he could tell her to go back to recruiting. WHATEVER THHY KAJ PLEASES. and aurelia won't hold a grudge if he asks her to stay.
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

[/quote]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-02-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-03-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Kaj - 04-03-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-03-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Kaj - 04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM