the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Love && Loss

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
It is bittersweet memories which have been fogging my vision as of late. Each call of a predatory bird reminds me of my hawk and the sickening pull only tugs a little tighter. The desire to pretend as if nothing had happened had long since passed - eradicated with the meeting with the Earth God himself. But, what had replaced it seemed to be far worse. A bubbling anger was starting to erupt from deep within me. I know that if I don't get out of the Falls that I will end up breaking my limbs kicking at the trees as if they were some form of a punching bag. After all, there already seemed to be a few with indents in the shape of small hooves lurking around the Falls.

My gallop didn't come to a halt until I had reached the center of the fog that was obstructing my view. i already had bad depth perception with these colours in the mix, so the haze that covered my vision only succeeded in making me even more uncomfortable. Squeezing my eyes shut I can feel the continuation of the land, and so I carefully pick my way into it before allowing my bodice to slide to the middle of this huge field. As I allowed my orbs to be assaulted by colours i could see another bird flying through the sky. Pain radiates off of my features as I stumble back a few steps. Predatory - not a hawk though.

More anger. How could he leave ME!? I want to scream. My tail flicking quickly across the ground as I lower my maw and let out a snort. Massive vibrations shake across the ground near me - doing as much as to shift the ground I am standing on and cut jagged lines inside of it. How could he force me to fend for myself when we were all we had?! It is so difficult when I can clearly see his frame circuling above me in my dreams. The way that he had called out to me, swooped down to annoy me - yet always there when I needed some kind of protection. You see, he had been the only one to truly understand me and he was gone.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to punch something, anything. And, most of all, I wanted to be able to explain this all to Alleo without him guessing all the time.

There seems to be a silence that falls across this field, and all I can bring myself to do is press my nose against my glowing marking and plead that I'll be united with someone who can completely understand me - and take me no matter how broken I become.

But no. I have to be strong. And I will. Once I've finally finished my grieving.

@[Alleo] && @[Aurelia]
Rasta & Alleo
you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning
'cause i give you all of me - and you give me all of you

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
It's Birdsong! The thought just occurs to me now. I stand near the center of this large field that is elevated onto a mountain. To get up here, horses would have to hike upwards to reach the altitude of this field. The thick fog surrounded the safest hiking trail adds a bit of mystique to the whole experience. That... is why I flew up. Getting up here was quite easy with my rather large wings. I've gotten use to the fog in the World's Edge and this hazy gray mass of cloud is no different, no matter how much it tries to be different.

I've already flown up here, landed, and started eating. I cram every blade of grass I can into my rather large mouth the suck it in, like a vacuum cleaner. The juicy blades dance across my taste buds in a way that is everything good. I would usually not think about how good the grass is, but now I am for some 'mysterious' reason. Of course, I've found that this reason is that I am without a doubt pregnant.

But I am really fat.

Am I also just putting weight on? That is a scary thought to me, for pegasus have to be light to be able to properly fly. I think about what I think the foal would look like. Sometimes I imagine an non-proportional mass of fur and other times a slender and agile foal. This is what I have been day dreaming about for around 15 minutes. My serenity soon vanishes and is replaced with gut twisting worry.

The ground starts moving.

Much like an earthquake, the ground starts to shake wildly. I'm actually surprised that a dark void has not opened up and sucked me in yet. My head shoots into the air, looking around to see if anyone felt that. I see one horse, a creamy white one. I can't tell if it's a mare or stallion. I, being a curious horse by natural, start moving towards the figure in a brisk trot. As I get closer, I see it a mare. She's beautiful with a pristine ivory coat and banners. Somewhere deep inside of me, there is a stab of jealousy, but it fades away like the rumbling of the earth.

My trot slows to a halt. I am close to this mare, but out of kicking distance. I don't know if this mare will attack me or not. I've always been taught to be very careful around strangers, because one doesn't know how they might react to a new horse. Then, I recognize her face. Her features are so familiar and I cannot help but lavish in her beauty.

Then it dawns on me who she is.

I do not remember her name, or if she ever even told me her name. Perhaps she said it during the meeting that felt like eons ago. The meeting where Gaucho was upgraded to Sultan and few horses disagreed with that decision. That is when I first saw Gaucho. That is when my slight crush on him started.

"That was quite a shake! Are you okay? I'm Aurelia." A large smile is plastered onto my face as I begin speaking. I realize I am happy for no real reason and understand that my pregnancy hormones are kicking in. "I think I remember you from the Dragon's Throat. I saw you briefly during a meeting, maybe?" I know I saw her in a meeting, but what if she has a twin and that is who I saw. I don't want to make her have the impression that I am stupid.

Because, I'm really not stupid... most the time.

Walking "Talking"
ooc:; please tell me if aurelia wasn't supposed to feel that. To her, its kinda just like a vibration. lmfao, i've never rped with many characters with magic! excuse my newbie-ness
Aurelia

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
Why did life have to be so damned difficult? The darkness had ended and while there were only a few wraiths rumored to be running around he felt less at ease now than he did when he'd been confined in the caves. He almost felt like he was back in his old home and was tiptoeing around his father so he wouldn't anger him and incite another beating, only this time he felt as if he were tiptoeing around his own sister and that certainly shouldn't be the case. He shouldn't have to worry if she would use her magic to poison him, and he shouldn't have to speak his mind then do damage control because she might poison him again. Why was his family suddenly falling apart? Hadn't he done everything in his power to protect her? And she repaid him by spitting in his face and desecrating the name of the mare that had finally managed to rein in his heart.

Alleo was broken from his thoughts as the ground beneath his hooves began to shake. His head lifted and he looked around, half expecting to see the God of the Earth causing the earthquakes and half expecting to see Rasta. He saw neither and the ground continued to shake. "Rasta." He could have kicked himself for being so self involved that he forgot about the pale mare. It was little more than pure instinct and luck that Alleo found Rasta in the Heavenly Fields. He stood some distance away and watched her as she struck the earth with her tail, making it shake angrily.

Much to his dismay another approached Rasta and he wasted little time moving closer. He could hear the winged one speaking her name and voicing her recognition. "Rasta..." Alleo called her name, maw reaching out to brush against her shoulder as he reached her side. "What's wrong?" His concern for Rasta lead him to momentarily ignore the other mare and once satisfied that Rasta had not been harmed physically he looked to the pegasus and cleared his throat. "Hello, I am Alleo."

"."

The anger that fills me is immense. How dare my hawk leave me? How dare I be left to fend for myself? It is sickening and I'm so angry that I can't change it. In fact, I'm so angry that I am blinded to the fact that a mare is coming up to me, halting a good horse length away before her voice comes out. A smile and slight concern flits from her voice as she asks if I am okay and offers her name.

There is a deep anger in my eyes, still angry at myself for not keeping my own hawk safe, but I manage to attempt to mask it and nod my head in response to her question. I'm fine. I caused the shake after all. But it wasn't like she could know that. She says she remembers me from the Throat, and while that was completely possible I do not recall her. There is a gentle shrug of my shoulders, Perhaps.

It is Alleo that comes up to me next, calling out my name before he appears at my side, brushing his maw against my shoulder. He asks what is wrong and all I can do is shake my head and then look to the sky - as if making the ground rumble would cause my hawk to appear again. The anger was still there, tensing some of my muscles, making my movements not as smooth as before. So, I pressed up against him, not keeping a lot of weight on him, but making sure that our sides were touching. A gentle snort escapes my maw as I await the question of why I'm not speaking. It was something I had grown used to over this period of time. It was something I couldn't wait to explain fully to Alleo. Alas, it seemed I might have to play charades again today with a new mare in the mix - and hopefully he could gather the conversation I was meaning to get across quickly. I didn't have the energy with all this anger at myself to try multiple times for the same message.

--OOC
It's fine! Her vibrations only go out about 3m, but they can be as strong as you described. ;3
Rasta & Alleo
Image Credit

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

I stand there, asking this mare if she's okay... not knowing she caused the rumble and all she does is nod? Literally, I talk about remembering her and asking if she's okay and all I get is a fucking nod? Wow, Helovian Horses are truly strange and foreign, and I'll never understand them or their craziness. I'll never understand myself either, though. How could I let two random stallions mount me and get me pregnant? Maybe that's why I am as fat as ever. No, I haven't been eating a lot more than usual. No, I haven't stopped working out. I'm pregnant. Yes, I except the fact I'm pregnant, now. Openly and willingly, I accept it. Literally two seconds ago, I was daydreaming about my foal.

Day-dreaming.

Now, this mare has triggered my 'Angry Fat Pregnant Mare' mode. She's in for quite a treat from my un-held tongue. Of, she is until a stallion shows up. He is stronger than me, (obviously, because I'm just fat right now), he's certainly taller than me and this white mare, but he seems drawn to her like a magnet. Of course, the pretty mare gets that stallions, and I get drunks and whatever Voodoo is. "Rasta?" His voice resonates in my ears and I cock my head to the side, my white forelock slipping off the bridge of my nose. "Rasta..." He repeats her name, and I'm confused. She's not answering him? Boy, she must be really un-talkative today, and I secretly wonder if their souls are entwined like Note and Sabel's minds were. Is he her companion, prisoner, bonded? Suddenly, I am extremely confused.

"What's wrong?" Yea, WHAT'S WRONG? I want to scream this phrase, but I don't, because it looks like there is a problem, but what is it!?! My confusion grows and I stand there, dumbfounded. A look of confusion crosses my porcelain face. Suddenly, his attention is directed to me. Has he forgotten about the dead-silent mare? WHAT IS HAPPENING? This situation is so confusing to me, I may just have to leave.

"Hello, I am Alleo." He states his name to me, and a greeting. I straighten my cranium and stretch my muzzle out to greet him. "I'm Aurelia, a World's Edge Philosopher." I say my name and rank. My name just because that's a normal thing to do and my rank in case he is part of the World's Edge. If he is, then I have just met a herd member. If he isn't... I've just met a possible friend. "What brings you two to these fields?" My question is directed to the both of them. Maybe I can get answers now. I desperately want answers.

I NEED THE ANSWERS.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

There was something definitely wrong with Rasta and, not for the first time, Alleo wished that she was actually able to speak so he would know what was bothering her. Naturally he thought, first, that the other mare might be causing Rasta's distress and he was prepared to deal with her as he would any minor pest, but his pale charge continued to look to the sky rather than the other mare. He glanced up, his ears falling back against his head and a frown creasing the corners of his mouth.

The other mare introduced herself and his dual colored eyes fell back to her noticeably round frame. She seemed antsy, curious about what was going on but not having the nerve or desire to outright ask, not that she would get an honest answer. Alleo would never share Rasta's business with anyone else unless explicitly told to do so. She would have to do what he had from the very beginning and learn to read Rasta's expressions and body language and she wanted to find out anything of the mare.

"We hail from the Hidden Falls." He offered that much then looked to Rasta again, his muzzle ghosting across her shoulder in a manner that he hoped would soothe her. Finally, she posed a question and he remained silent for a moment before speaking. "I am here because of her." His head dipped toward Rasta. His statement was both a answer to appease Aurelia's curiosity and a warning should the pegasus decide to do anything crazy, which in his experience he knew mares to do crazy things. Like when Rasta had rolled him into the water and tried to drown him. And when his own sister used her magic to poison him. "Why are you here?" Subconsciously he had drawn himself to a defensive stance between Aurelia and Rasta as he answered her question and posed his own.

"."

The mare offers her name and rank. Confusion seems to be laced upon her face and it takes all of me not to laugh. After all - I know I can't talk, and I cannot assist her in this confusion. Still, just that extreme confusion is all it takes for me to laugh. I have been too confined, too sad, for too long. This, or anything really is all it takes for me be completely dumbfounded at others idiocy. However, it is the muzzle stuck out in greeting that has me pinning my ears.

Back off, doll. I'm thinking in my head as I snap out, stepping forward and to the side to get just a little bit closer. Whether I touched her skin or not didn't matter - it was the warning that did. He's mine.

Ears stay pinned as I glance towards Alleo who has moved into a more defensive stance between the Aurelia and I. Why was I here? I was here because I had wanted to be alone - to remember my hawk, to grieve my loss. But apparently I wasn't allowed to do that in peace. A snort of annoyance escaped my maw as he asked her why this yellow and white mare was here.

What would she do? Have a panic attack? Actually attempt to attack me? Insult me? No matter what I was ready. I could have her on the ground in seconds because of the earthquakes. Let's see the mare who looked pretty pregnant be able to fly away when she couldn't get a running start.
Rasta & Alleo
Image Credit

@[Aurelia] - tag cause its been a lil while and wasnt sure if you realized or not