the Rift

you're just a game I play [vanamo/Mauja?/open]

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
C I N E V I A M
A m a n f r o m h e l l i s n o t a f r a i d o f h o t a s h e s

Tallsun had finally relinquished its throne to Orangemoon.

The remodeling had been done sporadically at first but the deciduous trees and underbrush have begun to take the hint, their leaves changing to more vibrant colors only to be shed. It was still dark as he chaperoned the frisky wench from the Threshold to The World’s Edge. Their numbers were swelling but the growth had been no thanks to the cinder beast, it seemed like ages since the last time he brought in fresh meat. So he’d made it a goal to go to the threshold and not return without a suitable unicorn. Crimson eyes crawl over Vanamo’s sable and scarlet form next to him in the shadows; he thought her very fitting indeed.

Everything was eerie and grey, the surroundings a wash of watercolour in the fading moonlight. Dawn wasn’t far off. When his limbs breached the borders of his herdland, he paused and cooed darkly to her, “you’re in the World’s Edge.” The Earth God had done plenty to further along the healing process of the burnt land but Cineviam chose their path through the leftover debris carefully, mindful that she was a stranger who didn’t know the area well. Once they were past the worst of it, he halted, figuring they’d gone far enough. He trumpets to his home, a thick war cry that echoes off the empty borders and chills the blood. A call for the king, or the warriors, or anyone that’s job description fit judging whether his guest was worthy or not.

"It won't be long now..."

((Vanamo first... sorry for being so short but didn't want you to wait on me any longer to join the Edge. If Neo is too busy, any of the warriors can come accept? But if Mauja can come, this will be Cine's second so he can start recruiting without someone higher approving after yes?))

Vanamo Posts: N/A
Unregistered

With the fierce crimson orbs that glowed despite the obvious lack of light, Vanamo followed the striking brute into the lands of the World's Edge. It was rather a sight to behold, the frondescence full of memory towered above them like a great hallway into the land of the unknown, the herbage underneath was a bit scarcer than in the Threshold, but nevertheless still fairly ripe. Yet even though Orangemoon was taking hold and the heat was unfortunately residing, the charcoal duchess noticed that the Edge held memories of flames, deep within its past. With a cold heart that felt no pity, she freely wondered what had happened. But pushing these aside, it was almost beautiful. The charred scars of the lands emitted a danger that Vanamo took a liking to. Her black heart matched very well with her pelt and now her surroundings. It was almost like a fairytale for the sadistic.

With a shake of her fine obsidian silks, she picked up the pace and soon stepped in toe with Cineviam, making sure that her crown was in line with his. No way was she going to be an idiotic tourist and sit behind, no - a queen pretended to be an equal but secretly knew she was the superior. Not that the monochrome brute knew. Stupid is not the word, but we shall see. With a slight giggle as she pondered over these thoughts, she picked up her voice when she heard the beast talk to her. The introduction to the land was formal and quick, almost inviting her to give her opinion,
"What a home this would make..." Vanamo's darker tone was tainted with a sly sense of danger, she knew that this was absolutely perfect for her. In her deathly beautiful crown lightbulbs were sprouting up everywhere as she thought just what could be extracted from the terra firma.

In an instant Cineviam silenced all thoughts with a piercing cry out, quickly followed by the suggestion of not much time left to wait. As impatient as anybody would be, Vanamo stamped down irritatedly against the ground with her dished daggers, but only to herself. She knew that mouthing off to one of the herd members, that she soon most lustily wanted to be a part of, was not a wise move. And so she waited. A small hope hoped for another brute. Oh how they fall... she mused to herself with amusement. Another giggle echoed from her soft velveteens and then she turned her frightening gaze unto the alabaster and charcoal brute that stood beside her.
"Not long at all." Her voice was soft and smooth, a sweet talking femme like she was knew how to fall into the good books of sirs.

And so she waited with the acquaintance.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Vana is welcome to post at the meeting if you want her there, Danj. ^^ also this is going to suck, and likely Mauja will plop in, say hi, accept her, and plop out again in a post or two x.x )

A deep, thundering cry demanded the King's attention, and his ears flickered back, acknowledging it silently. He knew that voice - knew the deep, earth-shaking timber, and without actually smelling him, his mind filled his nostrils with the scent of ashes. Cineviam. And he had brought someone with him, or so he assumed, why else the summons? It was not the first horse he had brought, and the fact that he found reason to bring more pleased Mauja greatly. Letting his own cry roll out for an answer he set off, easily navigating the forest. Mauja had lived here for a long time now, no stranger to the twists and turns of paths and familiar with the deep, steadfast trees. With the fading moon in the sky, so faded the silver across his eye; the clouds across his pupils were dimmed, barely visible lest you look very closely. Mist swirled around his legs, thickening to fog in some places, masking him and placing perfect drops of water upon the tips of his hairs. Like a specter in the night he materialized onto the scene, drinking in the familiar, piebald shape of Cineviam. With him was a mare, black as night itself with eyes and fringes of crimson - stunningly similar to Ophelia, save for the color of coat. For a moment he wondered if this was yet another sibling but he shook it off with a shake of his head, and offered them both his customary small, oddly warm smile, such a contrast to his glacial features. "Cineviam," he purred with unmasked pride. "You serve this herd well. Who is this fair lady, whom you have brought to our abode?" But his eyes, oh those wintery eyes, they danced across her shaded flesh, directing the question as much at her as at the stallion. Who, he wondered, would offer him the reply he wanted, answer the question asked? Cineviam, or the lady herself?
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

The temptress heard the cry of a brute, one that sounded throughout the forest and rang through her mass like she were leaves on the breeze. It made her feel amazing in an odd way, something that shook her to the core. Vanamo knew that it was a creature coming towards them, and she braced herself for yet another stranger. Deep down she doped that he was handsome and alluring. Much to her pleasure, her desires were answered. Through the mist and fog that had clouded up much of her vision, protruded a startingly handsome mammoth beast, a soft wintery pelt that had been sprinkled in charcoal like frost. To continue this theme, his silks were equally as bleached as his soft pelt, his feathers adorning his muscular pillars casting him larger than his initial stance. His orbs, a gaze so icy that could knock the sturdiest of femmes out of their trees and his horn was a magnificent frosted look - he was certainly a handsome fellow. The charcoal huntress approved, and this glowed through her flirtatious crimson pools as they watched him with hunger. His stance was certainly showing off some importance, but she could not yet make out if this was self-inflicted or indeed official.

The warmth he displayed was very fetching, and he greeted Cineviam almost like an old friend to her knowledge. They know each other then... Standing on the sidelines of their interactions, she waited patiently until his soft dark tones drifted onto her presence. Fair lady? The charm of this brute could not be mistaken, and a slight giggle forced it's way out of her soft dark velveteens. Her sinister frame slid forward towards the stranger, alluring and flirty as she boldy answered the question for her tour guide,
"So kind, sir. I am Vanamo, new to these lands." she pranced in closer, quietening down her voice as she added, "And who are you...?" Her smile was warm yet dangerous, it spelled danger for the alabaster brute at least. It was not often that the dark duchess was impressed, but now was certainly one of those times.

What a beast.

[OOC: Sorry it's not very long! I completely forgot about tagging this, so sorry about that...]

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
C I N E V I A M
A m a n f r o m h e l l i s n o t a f r a i d o f h o t a s h e s

In the wee hours of the morning, the cold had a bite to it.

Fog curled about his ankles like docile, devoted pet as he stands immobile – save for the gentle flutter of his sides as his breath comes in rolling clouds – all the while listening to the sable mare with the crimson trimmings giggle. He thought there was desperation in her laughter. He’d heard it several times now since they met in the threshold and he didn’t think anything particularly funny had transpired in that length of time. Perhaps she hid an exceptional wit behind those red eyes, unspoken to an acquaintance, or she could just be as mad as a hatter. If that was the case, she’d probably fit well in the Frostheart’s merry band of misfits.

The most important thing was that she seemed pleased by The World’s Edge and what it had to offer.

Never far away, the frostbitten king’s own war cry reverberated through the territory in reply to the cinder beast’s summons. Cineviam’s head raised a couple notches, delicately molded ears swiveling and finally locking on the spotted stallion’s position, his ghostly body an apparition in the chilly watercolour painting of their kingdom. A smile may have warmed the glacial features but Cineviam had seen it more than once and the kind gesture did little to affect him. The unmasked pride accompanying the words did manage to lift the corners of his ink-chapped lips.

Vanamo seemed quite taken with Mauja, and Cineviam was perfectly content to pass the torch on. From the little contact he had with the flirty wench, he knew she enjoyed being the center of attention and was assertive enough to answer the king herself. He gave her that opportunity, as it also let Mauja get a taste of what his recruit was like. When she asked who the Frostheart was, he did step in, unwilling to become a fly on the wall. “Vanamo meet the Mauja. He’s the King of World’s Edge,” he said in formal tones.

Another small step is taken toward Mauja and the mare that sidled up to him, hoping the movement will draw blue eyes back in his direction. Vanamo needn’t get resentful; Cineviam only needed them for a few seconds. While she may have answered the question asked, he could anticipate what the snow beast really wanted to know. What would fast-track her acceptance into the herd. “I met this self-proclaimed warrior in the threshold… She was looking for an all horned herd to join.”

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He'd not quite expected the mare to regard him as if he was tonight's dinner. Not that he would let it show, ever; he merely tilted his head slightly to the side, as if more curious than anything. Black-tipped ears swept forward, long, silken forelock sliding off his face as he watched her prance closer, swinging her body in a sultry way, graceful as a cat. There was something enchanting and alluring in her movements, designed and perfect to inflict such a reaction in the male beings of this world, those poor witless victims.

But he'd danced too often to their tune now. He was not interested in doing it again. Lotus had pulled at his strings and like a fool he had done what she wanted; Keahi had suffered a worse fate, and now, he felt his heart tremble and crack. No more! he wanted to shout at the dark trees. He didn't need another mare with seductive motives and sultry hips. He didn't want to deal with it. Couldn't. Even though the snowbeast on the outside, the marble statue which stood poised there, watched her with silent fascination, the creature inside wailed in despair.

He actually wanted to run away. From her. But couldn't. Like a mouse trapped by the cat, its stark shadow cast across his terrified soul. Only, he was more weary than terrified. Vanamo she called herself, slipping closer, teasing a question as if trying to reduce the size of the world to only the pair of them and the foot or so of ground right next to them - blotting out Cineviam? The ash-stallion did not seem to mind, but butted in to introduce Mauja, and ever the gallant gentleman he sketched a bow. "At your service," his voice purred, somehow willing emotion into it even though the spirit beneath was weighed down with ice and stone. Cineviam's voice drew his attention, and politely he stared at the beast. Warrior, hm? He inclined his head in a nod, wishing he could feel something else than cold withdrawal. He did not want to play tonight. In fact, he wanted to dump her back in Cine's lap and flee.

"A warrior, hmm..? I could, in exchange for a promise to serve and protect, grant you that rank, Vanamo. And you, Cineviam..." With a deliberate brush against her black shoulder, wondering why he humored her so, he stepped closer to the faithful beast of ashes. "You have served our herd well, strengthening our blood. So far, your judgment has been sound. Unless you suffer a rapid change of heart, I will trust your intuition when it comes to who you bring home and who you don't. Should you find more suitable unicorns, you have no need to seek out my approval. You have it already." And, Vanamo "forgotten" for a moment, the small smile playing on his face broadened into something, a flash of genuine appreciation.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

The sudden interruption by Cineviam caused Vanamo to feel slightly vexed. This was her time to talk to the brute that stood before her in all his glory, not his. But she held back and remained glorious in her posture, not displaying her slight anger towards the striking beast that had answered for her. Instead, she held her beautifully carved crown high and watched them both with flirtatious crimson pools. Whilst they exchanged their words that were necessary, Vanamo simply giggled underneath her breath. Both of these brutes are valuable, ohh yes. I like them. The satisfaction that she felt as she stared at them both like they were pieces of meat brewed inside her - or was it lust? Either way, the shady vixen knew that Mauja was her ticket to a higher rank.

The stepped lightly on her onyx daggers and brushed her tail across Cineviam's side as she heard him mention her love for her kind, and only her kind. She added in with a sharp smile,
"It is not wise to speak out loud in the presence of an inferior about such matters, but since we are the only unicorns in the land..." she giggled that same flirtatious sound again, before continuing, "I believe in one cause, and that is to rid of the lands of the lessers. Or else to make them slaves." She cast a venomous look, quickly at the crimson pools and then onto the icy azure orbs of Mauja. What a beast. Her needs longed for him: in many ways. His voice, as soft as velvet and as sensual as his appearance reached her pretty little lobes as he spoke. But she noticed a slight change in his behaviour, one of reluctance. It made her feel slightly offended, but to show this slight personality flaw would only result in irate exchanges. Instead, she brushed it off and focused on the words that he spoke.

The talk of becoming a warrior in official rank was tempting, and it made her think carefully of the choice she could make. It would be a good position... In a heartbeat it had been decided. "I gladly accept your offer, my King." Flashing her crimson pools in another attempt at luring him in, she then added something rather out of the blue: "Being a warrior is a good stepping point to becoming the Queen I am..."