the Rift

Blood, guts, and giggles[Regime]

Sorrow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

One day we may see a

A Woman King

Mama always told me that crows were little gods that fly around and watch over you. I can remember her sitting beneath the trees filled with them and speaking with them, asking for wisdom, and sometimes a little bit of help since I could be a handful sometimes(no idea why though, I mean I was a pretty great kid if you ask me). Even if Mama is gone now, I still think about her a lot. I like to imagine that the gods were nice and let her soar through the skies as one of her beloved crows. Whenever I see those dark birds I can see Mama, and I know that she is watching over me.

Well, since I’ve talked about Mama I should talk about Pa. He was a great warlord, well, until this unicorn warlock came and whooped his ass, but in my mind he’ll always be a great warlord. That’s who I’m looking for you see, Pa. Yeah, I’ve got a lot of different siblings I could run around and look for, but who wants snot nosed kids when you can have your dad? Oh well, enough about Pa, let’s focus on me now. Did that I stumbled into a new forest? I didn’t? Oh well, guess what! I STUMBLED INTO A NEW FOREST TODAY! It’s really very exciting. I love new places! I hope you love new places to because well, new places are fun.

I find myself trotting about this new place, scenting and looking about. Occasionally I see some other faces. I love meeting new people, well, not all new people. One of the people I see is a unicorn. It’s smaller than me(most things are smaller than me, but that’s okay, I like being big). Pa had taught me about what to do with these things, and well, it wasn’t exactly the prettiest of things. For a minute I watch the unicorn, and contemplate what precisely to do with it. Should I be nice and let it go or deal with it appropriately? Really it wouldn’t be any fun to simply bleed it out and watch the thing die, but at the same time I know it’s my duty. “Ooohh, ooohh which one, which one!?” I mutter to myself as I shift my weight between my front two legs nervously. I decide that in the end, I need to do my duty.

I don’t wish to describe the bloody details, but, well, let’s just say it didn’t take long for the little thing to be on the ground with a rather dented skull. Of course I didn’t come out unscathed, I had several lovely new scratches. As I licked the blood from my lips I heard a caw up above me, and as I looked at the crow a grin passed over my face.

”I made you proud didn’t I?” I whispered softly. That was enough for me. I had chosen duty over kindness, and the gods were well pleased. The unicorn would be food for my beloved birds, so I turned and began to walk deeper into the forest, excited for what things may lay in store for me.

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Birdsong was blooming. Frostfall's spell that held Helovia captive for what felt like an eternity was fading, replaced by budding flowers and rainy afternoons. Although she didn't favor either of those things, Adele enjoyed the abundance of grass. She didn't have to walk far at all to try and find food, which was certainly a plus. The red and blue mare did enjoy meeting new people, really, but the problem was...she was red and blue with a flaming mane and tail. And even though the cold was slipping from the land, Adele's breath came out as condensation. It was like that year round. Adele did enjoy Frostfall for that reason - her breath didn't look quite as strange. She enjoyed being odd, it made her who she was, but others found it as a separation between species. As if.
Adele was a pure blooded equine, just like Tyradon. As her thoughts drifted to her brother, she was reminded of what he had said about recruiting. The Regime certainly did need more members, right? She didn't know all of them, actually, she only knew Tyradon. But she had heard of the other leader, Confutatis, who sounded honorable.
'Why not?' Adele thought, pulling her head up from the spot in which she had been grazing in the Rotunda. She spent most of her time there now, for it was easiest to find Regime members there. But why wait around for Regime members when you can make some yourself?
The mare pulled her body into a swift, floaty trot. Her gait was easy, in no rush at all as she strode through Helovia and towards the Threshold. She didn't particularly like the Threshold, but it was where all the newbies were. And newbies are easily shaped into herd-members and folk of the like.
Vera flew lazily above, every now and then disappearing to scout ahead for any dangers or possible newcomers. Adele eventually reached the Threshold, stopping to let Vera find the next lucky horse to be inducted into the Regime.
'There's a unicorn over there, I think,' Vera proposed through the bond, voice faint due to the distance. Adele hesitated, mulling over the idea of inviting a unicorn into the Regime. Confutatis would be more accepting, or so she had heard, but Tyradon did not share the same belief. Her orders were to send the newcomers to either Tyradon or Confutatis, she didn't know how to find Confutatis since she had never met her and she couldn't send a unicorn to her incredibly racist brother! He'd kill the poor being or torture it or force into labor...something awful to say the least. She wasn't as racist as Tyradon, but Adele didn't favor unicorns or pegasus. She preferred to simply pretend they didn't bother her and avoid the creatures, thinking solely of her brother's distaste of them while doing so.
'No, no unicorns. No pegasus. Only equines, got it?' Adele answered, shifting uneasily on her diamond-like hooves. 'Why not?' Vera inquired, voice growing stronger with every word. 'Tyradon,' was the best way the mare could sum up every reason she had for shying away from recruiting the other species. To her relief, it was a good enough reason for Vera.
The ivory dragon appeared moments later, excitement in her milky eyes. 'Found one!' She spoke happily, rushing off back into the brush. A smile lit up Adele's features as she broke into a soft canter, following her bonded until they were a few feet from the largest horse either of them had ever met. A mare, it seemed; fresh cuts covering her gargantuan body and blood on her hooves. Perhaps she had just gotten out of a fight. Adele didn't think much of it, instead she stayed her distance, smiling at the humongous mare before her. The only horse who Adele had ever met who came close to this behemoth's height was Tyradon...she was built the same way as both herself and her brother, perhaps there was a relation. Why not ask?
"Excuse me? You're remarkably large and look almost like my brother, Tyradon. Is there a relation?" Adele spoke cheerily, letting what few rays of light managed to slip through the clouds gleam upon her red and blue coat. Vera trilled as Adele spoke, landing softly on her bonded's back. This time, the dragon didn't even try to view the monstrous newcomer. She had seen her from the sky, and she was too large to attempt to view over Adele's poll while the mare was in the middle of trying to recruit the mammoth-sized equine.

--

@[Sorrow] derp. sorry for really long post ;-;

text text text blah blah blah

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

An odd feeling washed over the girl when she entered the Threshold today. Not the usual, joyous feeling she usually felt when she entered, filled with excitement. Today, there was a scent on the breeze that made her flex her shoulders, confused but then again fearful. Not entirely sure, but almost positive it was blood, the child shied away from the area in which it was wafting from, praying to the Gods it was no one she knew. Her dual colored orbs scanned the area, and where soon satisfied with a pair just ahead, neither she had met before, but one was very large, the other smaller but no where near being familiar. She cocked her dome at the sight of one so oddly big, most likely not from here, so the child simply assumed that the bigger of the two mares was the newbie, and the other must be a native. Quickly, she glanced behind her, before lurching gracefully forward. Only able to get a few strides in, she stopped a respective distance away, catching the tail end of the smaller one's words. With the smaller of the two was a white creature, presumably her companion, since it didn't stray away.

Quietly, she bent one knee then dipped her head in respect, then let a small but warm smile dance acrosss her ivory maw. She looked them both over silently, noticing the lack of horns and feeling the fire spark, but she showed none but friendliness on the outside. Crazy what people can hide in their heads. "Greetings, misses, nice to met you both." She decided to try out a few words that she had learned on her journey, far away from Helovia in which they spoke in a different tongue. She nodded to the larger of them and her smile grew larger. "Senora, I welcome you to Helovia. I presume you are new here. I know of many herds I can lead you to, if you are seeking a home. " She then turned to the one with the pet, "I have yet to see you around Helovia, but it is nice to meet a native. It's a pleasure. "

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Sorrow Posts: N/A
Unregistered

There were footsteps and then a face came out from the forest. For a moment, Sorrow expected fear, terror, or disgust. Her race was noted and she approved of the equine before her, a lovely thing really and incredibly exotic. A smile passed over her lips as she also noted the dragon at the mare’s side. What a divine creature! Sorrow would ensure she stumbled into strange forests far more often if it meant running into such lovely creatures.

Words passed from the stranger’s mouth, first a comment upon her size, then the mare mentioned a name. Sorrow froze and her ears perked forward at the sound of her father’s name. “T-Tyradon?” Sorrow said, her grin growing larger and her tone oozing with excitement. “He happens to be my father, but I haven’t seen in him in some time. Does he live here? Is he close by?” The questions were swirling about in her mind, and it took what little self control she had to reign herself in and close her mouth for a moment.

“My name is Sorrow, daughter of Tyradon and Crow. It is always, always, always, good to meet family.” Sorrow studied the mare and saw there was no resemblance, but that didn’t bother her, for surely her aunt was a radiant thing” The giantess was practically dancing with excitement, she couldn’t quite fathom just how close she was to seeing her father once more. Her eyes flickered over to the crow that now was flying away. The gods had intended for her fall upon this place, it was being more and more evident with each moment.

Another had come and it took Sorrow several moments to realize. A dainty, fragile little doll in her eyes, Sorrow pondered if she were to simply touch her if she would crack and break. Delicate things were pretty, but their uses didn’t extend far beyond being trophies for a lord’s arm.
“Aren’t you a pretty little thing?” Sorrow said sounding bemused. “I appreciate your offer but this darling mare here knows where the person I’m looking for.” She looked over to the yellow and blue mare. “If at all possible… Could you lead me to my father?”

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered

To Adele's utmost pleasure, the very, very large mare before her recognized the name of her brother. She certainly had sparked an interest in the mare. “He happens to be my father, but I haven’t seen in him in some time. Does he live here? Is he close by?” Adele almost laughed, instead let a mischievous grin creep onto her lips. This was, indeed, Tyradon's daughter, making her the red and blue mare's niece. It was a strange thought, knowing her brother had a daughter and had done things to produce said offspring, but never told Adele that said offspring existed. Then again, Adele had never told Tyradon about Biru and didn't plan on doing so either. But this mare looked like a normal equine, so there was no reason for Tyradon to be ashamed of her or anything. Biru had had a horn. Such an embellishment was deadly when dealing with Tyradon. Therefor, Adele could never, ever tell her brother of his nephew.
"He resides nearby, yes," Adele stated, stepping towards her niece to get a better look. She definitely resembled Tyradon with a heavy bodice and of extreme height that Adele would never dream of reaching.
“My name is Sorrow, daughter of Tyradon and Crow. It is always, always, always, good to meet family.” Adele's smile broadened as she picked her head up a bit, Vera leaning slightly over her bonded's shoulders to at least see some of what was going on.
"I am Adele, daughter of Terrador the Earthmover and Aera the Shadowkissed, and this is my companion, Vera. My family is large, but I know so very few of the members. It is a true blessing to meet you as well," the red and blue mare stated. She opened her mouth to say more about Tyradon and the Regime (without actually disclosing any information about the Regime, she wasn't that dimwitted, for even with family she had to be cautious), but an unfamiliar fem stepped up to them. Adele's smile faltered as she took in the sight of the mare. She lacked a horn and wings, so Adele didn't take her into much consideration. The painted newcomer tipped her head, greeting them each.
Vera chirped at the stranger, her friendly nature at full force. Before Adele could get a word out, Sorrow was speaking, refusing the newcomer's offer. It made Adele proud to see her family at least trying to stick together. She found it a noble notion.
“If at all possible… Could you lead me to my father?” Her niece asked, Adele's smile returning as she glanced at Sorrow. Her gaze shifted to the painted mare, this time her smile remained.
"It was nice to make your acquaintance. I'm Adele, by the way," she stated, sounding friendly and purely cheery before turning back to her niece.
"Come," She said simply to Sorrow, turning around to go back the way she came, slipping through the trees and other brush. Adele wondered, briefly, if there was a reason Tyradon had never told her of Sorrow, if the mare was a detriment to their operations. She just had to hope that wasn't the case.

--

@[Sorrow]
& Adele's out, I can post a thread in the Rotunda when Sorrow's rank is changed!

text text text blah blah blah