the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

The sound of movement near her feet drew Ampere's gaze from the heavens back to the earth. The blue wash of her eyes fell like shooting stars, bright, and burning. In them her fear, her worry, her anger danced, spinning 'round and 'round the stains of black that were her pupils - students of emotions left unchecked.

Her gaze was expectant as it settled upon the fox; she thought her query had been answered, and that hopeful sensation was both exhilarating and terrifying. So much so Ampere wasn't entirely sure how to handle the flood of contradictory sensations whipping through her, but nothing felt as awful as having that moment, that hope and all it meant, and then having it ripped away from her. She felt a small part of her crumble in the space left behind. Her body had already built itself around the newfound feeling, solidifying and preparing for whatever may come, preparing for everything except a fox to be standing before her.

There was a moment of silence where Ampere did nothing but stare at the fox before her. In this moment was the fall of her fortitude, a defeat that echoed in her gaze as the fires that had been there cooled and hardened into electric ice.

Ampere gasped. It was loud and harsh, as though she had not had a breath for centuries and finally let her lungs drink. Her feathers were instantly twice their normal size and all around her the dust and the dirt popped to life with an energized hum and a blue glow. Ampere stumbled back, her wings spreading across her face the way hands might guard across a raging fire, blocking out the damn fox that taunted her in this pivotal moment. She wanted to laugh. She wanted to cry. She wanted to scream.

Of course she would be delivered a bonded fox as an answer, its owner a golden girl she'd met in the past and thought to call friend. How utterly foolish she was to think the gods would explain their crimes to her. They'd much rather shove the abundance of their enslaved lives down her throat and alienate her from any potential allies by shackling them int he chains that run through souls.

Ampere bit of the apple and found it full of bruises and worms.

Just then the earth began to quiver, a power beyond Ampere's control regardless of her emotional state. She stopped, her wings spreading at her sides to offer her balance, pricks of moisture exposed in the corners of her eyes as they worriedly glanced around the ground which grew increasingly active. Her focus shifted and with it the blue sparks dancing int he vicinity fell quiet and dark.

From a split that cut the terrain a beast of a horse took birth, bewildering Ampere who had thought the gods to dwell in the skies. His sheer size impressed her, but his presence held something she could only recall feeling beside the God of the Sun. It was enough to distract Ampere from the fox and the hate she had conjured in her heart, though the mold of the apple remained on her tongue.

He looked at her, kind in a way she had not known gods to be. It reminded her of his son, whom she had met in the darkness and never thought to believe as telling the truth. That hardly mattered now though... such a lifetime ago that it seemed a different place, a different horse.

He was cruel in one way though, this god, for he offered her a choice just one more time. It was a simple set of options, stay or go, but for all of Ampere's resolve she was afraid to ask and more afraid to know. That he, this god of the land, would let her leave without the burden of the knowledge only suggested further to Ampere how much she would dislike the truth she sought.

She glanced at the fox and his horse. He was no joke of the gods after all, but his presence her burned her all the same, and for that reason she knew she could not turn back now. Not now.

Ampere's gaze turned slowly back to the king of the mountain. Her feathers had sleeked back to normal size, her wings hanging loos on her sides, almost defeated like, but her head held tall and strong. She took one precarious step forward, and somehow dug out the voice that had run and hid inside her.

"Tell me," she said, her tone wavering, but her intent solid. "Please, tell me," she tried again, stronger now, more insistent.

"Tell me why," she whispered.
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

@[Official]

-bump- I don't believe we're waiting on Tandavi, as she was in AA when I replied back to this. I know she's back now, but I think Charks is doing her own stuff :)

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 06-21-2014, 01:56 PM