the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth listened, not reacting. He was calm and unwavering, a bulwark of peace and serenity. When emotion claimed her eyes, he did not try to dry her tears, but instead, let her collect herself to ask her question. The compassion she held was commendable, and her cause was just. He could not and would not try to argue against her beliefs, only explain the truth as best as he could. Some of her questions predated he and his siblings, since they were young gods and Helovia was a relatively young land. The majority of inhabitants originated from elsewhere, making Helovia a melting pot of clashing and hugging cultures.

He expected that in this culture clash, some of the practices would appear barbaric to some. War, which was common here, was not common in lands with a single god-like entity. But Helovia would always be just a little different. The nature of the land and of his siblings was not to get directly involved, but to let the natural way of these inhabitants free. Unfortunately, they interfered too often and this caused problems, but the God of the Earth tried his hardest to keep the laws of natural constant. The laws were not emotional, not loving or compassionate - they simply were. The unkindness was kind in a way. A disfigured newborn died, but in this way, there would be no children of that new born to perpetuate the painful and harmful disfigurement.

Companion bonds were not so different.

"Our law as gods is not to fix the nature of mortal kind. We govern the natural laws, the darkness, the light and time, not the heart of horse-kind. Famine is caused by natural law, spreading to heal through destruction. Death is only the other side of living, and war is borne of the short-comings of any creature with a beating heart. There is no fix to these problems, not unless we wanted to remove your free will entirely," he explained, his tone as resolute and unyielding as a mountain.

"I see you have not been bonded to a companion and thus make premature judgment about the state of the creature's soul. They retain their own individuality and free will. Should they wish to take their own life, they may. Should they wish to leave, they may. However, the bond works in two ways. The equine and the creature are combined equally, their souls intertwined. If you make the assumption that the creature lost their soul, then you also make the equal assumption that the equine did as well. Regardless of their ability to do something, neither party wants to anymore - they are a team.".

"The nobility and purpose of the bond seems lost on this generation, I agree. The clamoring taints the beauty of the bond, but that does not make the resultant bond any less special. The bonding remains because of laws put in place long ago, some predating even myself and my brethren. Dragons have been the soul-beings of the equines before we had even finished shaping this land or time itself. Once, in some lands, dragons hunted the equines to near extinction while in others equines had forced them into hiding. By combining their souls for future generations, the possibility of a reoccurring war diminishes, and it was not a god who negotiated this pact, but a noble mare more ordinary than yourself."

The God of the Earth shift his weight, tree bark falling from his shoulders. "The bond remains to honor the traditions of old, to keep alive the spirit of peace between species, to ensure life to the orphans who cannot live without the bond, and to bring love and companionship to both the equid and the creature in equal resonance of the soul."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by God of the Earth - 07-12-2014, 08:34 PM