the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

TANDAVI & NATRAJ</style>
we walked a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns
</style>

They cannot help but be impressed as Ampere challenges the words of a God, admiring the spirit of the older mare, even as they disagree passionately with her beliefs. She cannot be swayed, it is growing clear; she is caught in the web of her own crusade, and from it she cares not to escape. It is almost a dance, the storm of electricity beating against a mountain of calm. It is almost as captivating as the subject at hand, to watch the mare and follow her thoughts, taste her passion on the wind. One set of words sticks out to the boy- I have kits? he asks her, and she shrugs, unwilling to dwell on the idea of romance for too long. Besides, she reminds him, they do not know any female foxes.

"What..."

Dark frail voice breaks into the fray, unbidden and quiet. A look of surprise crosses the filly's gold face: she did not mean to speak, it just seemed to happen. But the talk of bonds, of unborn indecision, has stirred an argument she cannot ignore. Of all Ampere has said this is silliest of all, and the girl glances from mare to God before swallowing hard, quavering voice growing stronger as she speaks to Ampere's stormy eyes, her own fire growing bright in the weight of the sea.

"What about parents?" the girl suggests. "What about family? We do not choose to bond to them, but that doesn't mean the bonds are bad." Perhaps it isn't the same sort of bond, but still the girl knows she is bound to her kin. She did not choose an indifferent mother, did not opt for cousins she would never be able to match in beauty and strength. Yet she loves what she has, would fight and die for them- is not a companion bond much the same?

I'd die for you, Natraj informs her, and she smiles down at him, happy to be out of the spotlight and back in the shade. It is the first time she has spoken through this encounter, and she is not sure her choice was right. I know. Me too.

They return to watchful silence, weighing word and responses and listening, learning, though they grow discontent with Ampere's inability to shift her mind. It is not until she asks of breaking bonds that they perk up, alarmed; fire flicks from Natraj's tails at the thought of the emptiness and isolation they had faced being apart. Would the blue mare do that? Does she actually wish to separate companions from those they love? I'd kill her first, the minuscule fox states with confident aplomb, making the filly smile despite her alarm. Maybe if it was abusive, like she said... maybe then it would be right? But they cannot conceive of it, cannot dream of a reality where being split would not drive them both to a state of living death.

She doesn't notice when the God trains his thoughts on her; she has grown comfortable being ignored, a near-silent observer in the shadow of the shrines. But Natraj is eager for his share of the spotlight, and at the Earth God's behest he leaps closer to the pair, sitting up straight, huge ears held erect. He thinks for a second, struggling slightly with the Earth God's request: speech is not familiar to him, at least not with horses. He can hold conversations with Inari, but for others he is accustomed to translation of thoughts. "Srrraaaad...." he attempts, and relatively happy with this he turns to the blue mare and adds, "Brrrrrokerrrrn." He can remember being alone, feeling incomplete. It nearly destroyed them both.

Gold eyes blink at the God of the Earth as the tiny black form considers his words. Behind him, the girl has taken a tentative step forward, ready to sweep in and rescue the boy. "Nrrrro," the kitsune half-purrs at last, looking back to the copper-toned girl. "Crrran't chrrrose srrristrrrrr... famirry" He smiles then, sharp teeth giliting in the vulpine grin, eyes shining bright with mirth and love. Unfortunately, he adds just for her, and it is all she can do to resist the urge to reach out and punt him with one gold fore. Affectionately, of course.

credit | credit

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Tandavi - 07-28-2014, 01:41 PM