the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

They do not understand. They listen to her story with their ears buried in their manes, unwilling to recognize the purpose of it.
She has lost them.

"NO!"

The single word shakes Ampere with its ferocity. With its simplicity it demands and controls, piercing through the storm of words Ampere had conjured. The Mother cannot help but instantly turn her gaze upon the girl of gold, startled by the sudden outburst from someone which had remained so quiet for this length of time. Ampere is not left to wonder for long though, because Tandavi comes on with full force, her tenacity unyielding both in tongue and toe. She presses forward, red sparks dancing brilliantly beside her.

Ampere instinctively takes a step back.

Then Natraj joins in, his tails as aflame as the hatred in his eyes, and Ampere is suddenly emboldened. His hatred, or Tandavi's? That is the issue. Their bond is strong, Ampere can't deny that. However, despite the fact that their bond is built on 'love', something Ampere is grateful for, it forever stands amid misery. If they could only be willing to take even half of their energy and direct it towards thinking beyond what they know... to consider, even for a moment, that what Ampere has to say is correct, she knows they could do great things. Tandavi is intelligent, but like everyone else that is bonded, she is restrained by greed and willful ignorance.

Ampere snorts, "You are the blind one, refusing to even THINK about what I have said. You are the selfish one, choosing to keep your crippling bond. YOU are the horrible one, resisting only that which would impede your lifestyle." There is not anger, Ampere has none of it left for this argument. There is only frustration, for in Tandavi there is the face of so many others that refuse to seek knowledge. Maybe Ampere doesn't know everything about companions, but at least she is willing to ask, while everyone else sits so conveniently on their bonds acting as lords over the companions.

The earth speaks then, silencing the both of them with the weight of his tone. Ampere's feathers bristle at it, the way clouds do when electricity gathers inside them. He is the thunder, pealing across the dreary grey sky, but she is the lightning, intent to light the way where he would shudder in the darkness.

"I do not seek that ability," she said quietly, although whether due to weariness or hesitation beneath his tremendous rage, it's not certain. "Even I recognize that choosing life or death is in itself a loss of freedom... despite my personal thoughts on the matter. I only seek to silence the bond, which is in its own way, a tear in the links." Her feathers settled, although they pressed more tightly than before. Ampere stood, quietly wound up, which could arguably be worse than her usual showy display of emotions.

"I am surprised to learn the companions choose to bond, or so you say. Yet even when we are given the chance to choose, we do not always do so correctly, else there'd be no mistakes... how many have switched homes, duties, lovers... after learning their initial choice was wrong? Don't you think companions are just as likely to be at fault for that, especially considering their age when given such a life-altering choice." That had to be why her egg had chosen Oxy, why the other one had chosen Torleik, why horrible bonds existed at all. Tandavi and Natraj shared one of love, however misguided, but not all were so lucky. Couldn't they see that?

No? Then she would help them, she would help everyone, understand.

"Are you willing to see alongside myself, the true worth of these bonds? The true nature of the bonded?" She spoke with measured caution, each word like a well placed hoof among a rocky mountainside. She would normally fly up the cliff, but the winds had proven too strong this time, she had no choice but to haul herself up, step by step. "After all, if they're as grand as you say, then none should fail my tests."

Cold words cut across the conversation. Gone was the fire that Ampere had seen previously. Now the golden girl stood not as a blazing sun, but a gilded blade, one angled to her throat. The delicate organ moved, "Will you grant me the ability to silence bonds?" All the while the electric gaze of blue sat upon the glittering knife, silently daring her to try.

Sorry if I was unclear before, went for dramatic wording :P I didn't go into deep explanation about the magic since I wasn't expecting to receiver it int his thread, but yes Ampere wants the ability which is on her wishlist.
Grandfathered :: [Magic: Dark x Light | ability to block the bond between companion and character temporarily]

However as she's maxed out on magic it's why I was trying to get the Earth God to take her magic away, opening up a slot. That or a third magic slot, which is a little bit harder to get. Again if none of that occurs here that's fine, I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask :3 Either way this has been an awesome thread and I really appreciate it <3

Also, would it be possible to make this thread present time rather than playing it off as the past? There isn't much, if anything, within the posts themselves that set a time frame, and after talking with Charky, I think present time makes the most sense for our characters. For instance, Tandavi arrived at the Throat not too long ago still in the mindset of being on good terms with Ampere, when obviously that isn't the case in this thread which was supposed to happen before that one. Now that is the risk you take with liquid time, but none of us were really expecting this outcome from this thread.

I think it would also fit in better IC that Ampere ran from Helovia after abandoning her Sun God baby egg (afraid of failure, rejection, parenting, etc.), but ended up returning because of guilt over the companions - hence coming here to ask about them first thing, whether to put her mind at ease (that things aren't so bad) or to figure out better how she can help them.

I can understand if it's preferred that this thread stay within the time frame that it started at, I just don't think it will really impact anyone negatively if it doesn't and I thought I may as well ask ^^

edit:
@[God of the Earth] no pressure at all, just wanted to know if you were still planning on posting, since it could kinda go either way, and if this thread could be considered present day rather than past liquid timeified. :3
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 08-22-2014, 01:23 AM