the Rift

The mouse and the horse

Fraub Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His heart was tired, tired of wandering, it felt quite meaningless, walking and walking in search for something that may never come. He did not even know himself what he was looking for, aside from his adoptive parents. Which, to be totally honest, mine as well be dead by now. It was a little nippy out, but it was early, early in the morning, he could just see the sun rising through the trees.

The light that cast through the swaying trees danced on the floor, sparkling, moving so lightly. Fraub gazed among the branches, watching them move to and fro. Swaying, swaying, swaying, back and forth he dazed off into a morning dream. A quick rustle of the bushes beside him almost made him jump out of his skin. A mouse stumbled from within the undergrowth and hustled around his feet. Fraub lifted up his hoof and stepped in the mouse's tail, only hard enough so that it could not get away. It squirmed around, squeaking and squealing.

Fraub watched it contently, it was trying to bite at his hoof, which proved to be fruitless because it did not hurt him. The mouse stopped, his little tummy breathing hard, Fraub lowered his head, his nostrils flaring as he got in close enough to the frustrated mouse. "Well, well, well little mou-" it latched onto one of his nostrils and "YEEEOOWCH" Fraub reared his head backwards and sent the rodent flying. Fraub shuffled around just in time to hear a small thud somewhere in the thick growth. He could feel something cool drip down his nose and he frowned. He hated this place already, but you supposed he got what he deserved anyway.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

It was good to be back in the threshold.

Birdsong had started to take its swing now. The cool breath of winter was being constricted, and in its wake lay a warm sun with the occasional drizzle. Mammals and reptiles of all shapes and sizes began to crawl out of the woodwork. Birds chirped in the branches of the towering trees, mice and bunnies frolicked on the grassy undergrowth, and deer occasionally meandered out to graze with the many horses that inhabited Helovia.

All in all, Birdsong brought welcome light. Elsa had not returned to the threshold since the darkness had been eradicated. She had been too busy meeting with leaders, and getting her place sorted out. Now, things had calmed down and the mason was more than willing to prove herself to her herd. She respected Midas enormously, and Seele, for the brief moment they had met, held some of her attention. Seele of course had led the Asylum to greatness, making sure they all now had a home among the Asylum. But now, was the Asylum a distinguishable herd, a stand alone still? Elsa did not believe so, although she was sure that Oxy and others would disagree. Elsa felt that she had now melded perfectly into society. She had a home, and a few acquaintances she was sure she could call on when she needed help.

Now, she was here wandering below the trees in search of extending that offer to others. She didn't want anyone to miss the chance to belong, Elsa knew all to well what it was like to be alone. A shriek, distinctly male, caught her ears. Her head lifted, as she caught onto the distant scent, and cautiously began to approach.

At the epicenter of the cry, stood a white stallion. His mane and tail held together in the most odd of fashions. It looked to Elsa that he came from some southern distant land, ones she had only heard about in fairytales. A single, curved horn protruded from his head, and Elsa could deduce that he was of unicorn race. She approached, a regal dip of her head. "Are you alright? I heard a cry." She began, repeating an obvious statement to let him know she hadn't been creepily stalking him or anything. "My name is Elsa, Mason of the Hidden Falls. Are you in need of a home? If you are, the Falls would be more than happy to welcome you." She extended the offer, quickly getting to the point. She knew how dire some situations were. Elsa didn't know if he was starving, tired, exhausted, lost or maybe he was just fine. Either way, it was always nice to have a protective herd to come to, should you find your needs hard to fulfill.

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The Lady was back here, at last, too long since her last venture southward and into the place of gathering old friends and new faces. She rather enjoyed the task of discovering wandering souls, the lost kings and queens of the earth, guiding them home to where they might flourish among their peers rather than lose their gleam wadding among filth. Her own crown is held high, glinting and golden, an extra air of pride added to each flowing step for the garments she has discovered just a day prior; unsure how the armor had come to rest so peacefully in the damp stone cave, she was certainly thankful that it hadn’t been left for too long. The cloth was still whole, and viable, the platinum gleaming and inlaid with the prettiest display of her mountain.

It is pointless, by now, to say that she is vain, and selfish.

A familiar voice tugs her into a slight clearing, discovering a stallion with a proud crown rising from his brow being lured into a pointless conversation by the white and blue mare that had helped she and Arah clear the pool in the far south of blights. Her mouth is a grimace of distaste for this second encounter with the woman, not as restrained by the promise of presents for her good behavior as she had been before, and not soon to forget the way that the woman had shouted and carried on while the gilded Lady had been trying to work.

It was her fault she’d been covered in sludge, ruining her concentration with all that needless yelling. That theory is written all across the golden wench’s figure as she dances in and comes to a halt amidst the little gathering, a sweet smile flashing across her pretty face that is reserved for the male of the company alone, quickly slipping from her lips whenever she looks upon the pegasus.

Hidden Falls, hm? she thinks of the tail of the conversation she has walked in on, wondering just what the hell this Hidden Falls was. No one had ever told her of a herd called such a thing. The Foothills, perhaps? What a curious turn of phrasing to use to describe a place that had existed well before this idiot of a turkey had hatched out of her egg.

"Salutations, fine sir," she states once the white fool has ceased her words, a coating of figurative sugar layered upon her smiling face, "I am the Lady Illynx, of the Aurora Basin to the north. I, too, extend an offer to accompany me to the mountains, to company far more suited to such a handsome fellow as yourself." That she is lying is something no one around her will ever tell; intriguing the stallion may be, but handsome he is not to the woman who much prefers to be the most unique and splendid item to look upon in any given situation.

She’s played this game enough to know that commentary based on the… unusual way in which he has styled his mane is not a good way to get him to fall for her charms and submit to her desires to add another name onto the list of bodies between her and the enemy. But she is a talented mynx, the Gilded Blade, her words fall effortlessly and as if she had never spoken a more truthful complement than that which she shares with the strange white unicorn, given a better light by the genuine intrigue that pierces her heart as to why he has decided on such an appearance.

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

Fraub twisted his neck over in the direction of the new voice, 'am I okay?', 'did she just see that?' 'goddamnit'. Fraub rolled his eyes, her bodice was thicker, bulkier, and she was a little taller than he was from what he could see. "Aren't those wings a little restrictive? I mean, perhaps if you were a little smaller..." his voice trailed off as he peered into the distance. Fraub cleared his throat, Essie, is that your name? Anyway, what is this about the Falls?"

'Like a waterfall? Who lives in a waterfall?' Clearly his ignorance was making him question stupid things. However, before he could flutter his pretty boy eyelashes and go on a petty adventure with this mare another approached, who's words caught his attention a little bit more.

"Handsome fellow? Well, here's someone who knows how to speak to someone of much more elegance than them self." Fraub eyed over the new stranger, her coat was the color of feces but the dazzling gold made her sparkle elegantly. "Tell me, Lady... of the Aurora Basin, what makes your offer so much better than hers?" He did have such interesting females before him, why not play a little. There was no need to delve into anyones feelings, specifically his for that matter.

ELSA

He insulted her wings, which honestly was something still relatively new. Valhalia, an overly obnoxious, racist unicorn had approached and threatened her while trying to recruit another unicorn, Otz. It seemed that these unicorns Déodat had talked about were all over the place, converting every little unicorn boy and girl to racist pegasus-hating machines. Speak of a unicorn devil...

Little miss sparkle-pants decided to join the party today. Great.

Elsa knew that the mare was not on "liking" terms when they had met at the sludge place. Sparkle had left, covered in slime, and Elsa, moved on unscathed and still beautiful. Well, as beautiful as an overly-emotional, depressed pegasus can be at any point in time. Her voice grated against her thoughts, her seemingly "sugary" words to the stallion hit her ears with a tinge of annoyance. I mean, after that dirty look she had given when she arrived, gave Elsa more reason to hold an awakening hatred. They way she wooed and tried to recruit made her cringe, but Elsa waited patiently before she finished.

Elsa began with another deep breath. "Oh yes, lets go with a golden unicorn who talks sweet words to woo everyone." She muttered. Honestly, Elsa had no idea how she acted, or what she did. Elsa just... didn't like her, she didn't like the look Sparkle had given her, and she didn't like they way she acted while fighting sludge. It just rubbed her the wrong way. "The Falls is a herd that is a merger between an existing herd, and an outcast band. It is ruled by Midas and Seele. It's within a mountainous region, speckled with rivers, lakes and falls. Everyone starts out carrying their own weight, whether it be as a healer, crafter, solider, or religious leader. Unicorns, Pegasus and Equines alike live there." She finished with a shrug. No fancy words coated her voice, no sugary inflection was used to woo. Elsa was no doubt intrigued to see how "sweet" sparkle pants would go. Elsa was in a sassy mood, and should Sparkle become sassy, Elsa would sass her right back. Elsa the sass-backs was in the house, well threshold, today.

"Talketh."

That she’d ticked off the feathered nuisance didn’t flutter past Illynx’s notice, her smile gaining all the more gleam in the face of the mutant’s jealousy of her clever tongue. It has been a way of her life to be disliked by the others she came into contact with, especially those who didn’t suit the picturesque portrait of a world overflowing with the crowned and rightful owners of its expanse. While the wielder of ice had assisted in doing the Earth God’s dirty work with her power, Illynx was sure her blocks of frozen water were nothing in comparison to the volatile temper and dangerous power that lurked beneath her own skin. The pegasus should consider herself lucky that the most savage thing to come towards her from the golden Lady had been a hateful glance, another facet in the jewel lined shimmer of her welcoming grin towards the man she was attempting to lure home.

Her mutilated ear tilts to the side in annoyance as she catches the man’s words in reply to her own, laughter causing her gold laced sides to shimmer and flex in their bright and girly sound. To observers, the giggling is that of amusement, humor; within her, a darkness writhes and burns, desires to implant just how very wrong this foolish man is. Still, she consoles its eager growling, he is only a man. She knows them all well enough to assume that the only thing larger than the ego on the average male was that which clung around the shoulders of the Moon Goddess.

She had rights to her pride, the glorious Queen of Night, not this foolish new arrival to a land where he’d be better off groveling before her than tossing flippant insults about. She barely withstood such ignorance from a Goddess, bless the unfortunate mortal who thought the Gilded Blade was something to be filed away as anything less than a flawless representation of her kin.

As she parts her lips to reply to him, a single tear of aggravated laughter leaking from the corner of a golden eye. "I am not called a Lady for my demure nature," she says with a predatory wink. Let him fill in the rest with his vapid male brain, something along the lines of, “still your ignorant tongue before I ever so viciously remove it from your mouth.”

He’ll likely still only walk away with a befuddling statement, slipped from a mind much quicker to grasp herd jargon than his own.

He is only a male, after all. He cannot help himself with two women so nearby, and one as lovely as herself.

She finds that she is cut short from elaborating on the Basin by the words of the stupid pegasus; another herd of mixed breeding, a stain upon the world. The only things she says of any interest are the names involved in leadership – Midas and Seele – and an even more intriguing tidbit that there seemed to be some lack of unity between the followers of the herd. To describe half of your people as outcasts seemed a bit harsh to even awful Lady Illynx, who was quite fond of most of her minions on the mountain, even those she wished to see implode.

After all, hate is but a breath away from love. Even our darling Illynx knows this, no matter how she avoids it while crushing the wings of pegasi beneath her hooves.

"We’re all unicorns, for one, around thirty strong including the little ones," she begins, still refusing to give the pegasus mare a single glance, "led by myself and the Lord Deimos, and guided by the God of Time." A pause lulls into her words, her eyes slipping over the tree line towards the mountains, which she gestures to with her golden horn. "It is boundlessly beautiful, on clear nights illuminating by bending, prismatic lights called the Aurora Borealis that flicker across the heavens. It is what the vale was named for, and is only seen from so far north," her smile is soft and true as she describes the mountain valley she has guarded for so many years, golden eyes twinkling fondly in the pristine memories she holds close to her heart, "We have many things to offer you, truly. What is it you want of a home, sir…?"

Oh Gods, I didn’t even catch his name.

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

Fraub eyed the darkly coloured unicorn, they were both of the same species, surely they may have something in common to speak about, perhaps if he mindlessly floated around his own kind for once he would find something worth while. However, despite his earlier comment to the Pegasi, he always had a softer, warmer spot in his icy heart for them. After all, his parents were Pegasus, of course not biological, but they cared enough to take him in when he was hardly even a weanling.

The Falls seemed simple on description, nothing quite as fancy as he may have been expecting. Fraub narrowed his brassy orbs, "Of course I'd love to frolic with my own..." he said staring at the brown mare, "does your herd allow the other species? You know, the winged beasts and the more... emm, dull equines?" 'What could they offer a soul like me?' supposing he would never find out unless he followed the mare back.

"I was raised by Pegasi you know" he sighed such a sigh as if he were waiting for a sign that said, 'Fraub's Pity Party, please come', and don't forget the large bowl of arrogance to top it off. "They took me in, many moons ago, I was too young to remember, but they disappeared one day " His story, unfortunately true, was being told like a bad soap, as if he were tarnishing his own family for the sake of a pity fest.

"If I ever find them again, I would surely wish to bring them to live with me."

ELSA

Elsa can only grit her teeth as Illynx talks of her herd. So, to Elsa's terrible surprise, she seemed to be in a bit more of a leadership position. That was something she least expected, so she must be the leader of that ragtag unicorn group, the racist ones. She speaks of how beautiful they were, but nothing of statistics. How is one supposed to know what they were getting into? Elsa could go into detail about the falls easily. How the water cascaded and sparkled gorgeously in the sunlight, and how the forest fenced in a beautiful clearing near the mouth of a river. It was all stuff she could do, but never thought it was necessary. Should Sparkle-Butt procure this unicorn, Elsa would no doubt try it next time, keeping with the statistics too of course.

The stallions attention seemed to turn to the unicorn. He asked of who they accepted, along with the commenting on how he'd love to frolic with his own. Elsa was in no place to explain the Basin, but she might as well throw her information out there. "I don't know if this is about her herd, but I heard from a stallion towards the north that they are a racist?..." She turned towards Sparkle to look for affirmation. "Herd of unicorns." She finished.

Just as she had finished her reply, the stallion talked of his own parents being pegasus. Elsa's ears perked up, as her attention was now fully on the stallion. He wished them to live with him should they find him here, because they disappeared a while ago. Elsa looked, shocked, to Sparkle-Butt then back to the stallion, her voice becoming a little softer. So apparently he wasn't a pegasus hater like she had originally thought. "I still don't know your name but.... Uhm, I can tell you that if you lived in the Falls, I would be more than happy to welcome them to join us should you find that they made it here to Helovia." Elsa knew what it was like to loose your parents, hers had died at a young age. Elsa almost felt worse for the stallion, for her did not know of their fate. "I know what it's like." She offered quietly at the end, most likely at that point to be drowned out by other conversation. But if the stallion had a keen ear, he could probably make out her words.

"Talketh."

This invitation was not rolling as smoothly as the others she had offered, the stallions next round of questions drawing her features into a pinched and rather pained one that she would have to crush his hopes so openly and in front of a mare she’d rather not see best her again. That he has had the audacity to ask in and of itself is irksome, forcing her to remind herself that he is new to this place, and the hidden laws that define its functions. He cannot know who she is, or whom she leads; he only knows what she tells him.

What I tell him…

She could lie, she thinks, attempting to come up with a suitable one for him as Elsa ruins all chances for her to be able to weave her way around this small problem of mutant adoptive parents. For the first time since her arrival, her eyes flit over to the pegasus mare, golden depths burning with a slight hostility that she coats with the sweet lacquering of her voice. "Are they still using that hideous word?" she asks, rolling her eyes in her pretty face as she shakes of the minor insult. She didn’t ever like that word, even when it described those worthy of its insidious title; she preferred to think of herself and her kin as wiser than the others, for they saw the truth clearly as if it lie at the bottom of a still pool.

They had standards for their membership, something that most of the other herds, as she could tell, definitely lacked aside from Dragon’s Throat. It mildly agitated her to admit that a sworn enemy to the herd was one of the few who understood the mission that the Plague sought to complete, a separatism of races ending in a bloody day in which all that did not wear horns fell to their superiors.

It would take far too long to explain that now, and the stupid white mare has already wound up her words and left Illynx with no other options but to reply and hope that it was suitable enough. "It is a matter of logical reasoning, snowflake," she says, letting her acidic eyes slip away and brighten once more as she moves to explain her way out of the awkward corner that she has been placed into, "we keep the strongest, and let the others filter down to the Edge, and the Falls. I cannot help that some of my family would rather kill the wretched souls than let them pollute the kingdom elsewhere. So, no, my handsome friend." Her gaze attempts to meet his seriousness etched into its details, a hope that he might understand what it is she attempts to accomplish with her chosen herd.

"You’re family would not be welcome, nor would they chose to stay even if I offered them a place among us," she tilts her head in her usual off kilter way, golden eyes sparkling, "my kin are not known for their kindness. We are known for our chosen path, and that is the path of purity. No wings take flight over our sacred vale but those about to be swiftly removed for foolish indiscretions."

"But we are strong, and long lived, as far as herds go. You will find no deeper companionship than you would with those upon the mountain, I can assure you. No other can understand your plight so well as those of your own bloodlines. Your family, if they come, could live elsewhere, you could journey to visit them, wherever they might be… but they may not enter our fold. Our laws do not bend, even for those in your situation."

There was a river once,
with many round stones
of embracing the ocean;
how its life is a line

Unregistered

'Racism?' Fraub had not heard such a word in a long time. Suppose his multicultural family detoured him away from such thinking. Would his biological family have thought such things? Perhaps, Perhaps not. Fraub did not spend a lot of time chatting and getting close to others on his journey. He was, after all in a new place, thinking here mine as well be different than his own, the white pegasi offered a home for his parents if he ever found them. Perhaps they had made it here, maybe they were living happily somewhere on this soil.

He shifted his gaze over to the brassy mare, "You say you cannot help such things, but you also use words like 'wretched' and 'pollute', is your kindness just as false as your kin?" His voice cracked with a bit of disappointment upon hearing such things from his own species. He had hoped to be surrounded by his own, and the offer was still tempting to a certain degree. However, Fraub's heart still ached and hoped and wondered that his family was still out there somewhere, he simply could not accept an offer that would eventually become toxic.

"Tell me, how can my own understand what I have been through when they have such closed minded thinking?" he frowned and looked elsewhere, off into the distance, the birds chirping somewhere amongst the trees. "If you have no place for my family then I have no place for yours, I have enough of my own toxicity brewing within myself to know not to accept more." He will admit, it was a little difficult to decline the offer but it was something he could not accept, Fraub stepped towards the white mare and softened his gaze a little, "I will accept your offer, kind soul, and accompany you back into your lands."