the Rift

The WHATCH :: the help you need if you've been thieved!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

W. a n d e r i n g

H. o r s e s

A. g a i n s t

T. y r a n t s

C. o n t r o l l i n g

H. o p e

Darkest eve    ;    brightest dawn
    the watching shift    ;    goes ever on.
    If wound does bleed    ;    if heart does sour
      the watching shift    ;    endures each hour.

Through ice and fire    ;    wind and rain
    we stand vigil    ;    break the chain.
    Hear us not    ;    see us few
    we stand vigil    ;    'til justice due.

In a world where the strong continue to get stronger, and the wrongs keep getting wronger, the morals and ethics of living are consumed by the corrupted success. That is why everyone must be whatched.

To maintain order and justice, to return the natural rights of the living and to bring hope to the weakened and the impoverished, the W.H.A.T.C.H. stands vigil over Helovia.

A coalition of organized vigilantes, the W.H.A.T.C.H. combines their passions and their traits to create a force worth reckoning with. They take from the greedy and give to the needy, exchanging their services, once completed, for usable aid. They take no sides and hold no grudges, only acting to better serve their fellow horse.

THE CODE

You can be any rank to be considered a member of the WHATCH, but may also choose to only participate as an ally and thus have less responsibilities.

The WHATCH is not a secret organization, but the identities of its members are to be kept hushed so that they may continue to work freely to serve justice (CODENAMES).
** Ampere needs to know everyone's real name so that she can locate you using her navigational dagger - it'll be the main method by which news and missions are passed between WHATCH members, since we do not live/stay together and don't hold meetings.

At its core the WHATCH functions as mercenaries, offering protection, aid and other traits. The only difference being the WHATCH will act first, then arrange for payment upon completion, looking at it more as a donation for their services.

The WHATCH must remain neutral in all political issues among the herds. Although they are not against fighting and do not necessarily seek to establish peace per say, they do not act as sell swords for wars and will not deny aide to one in need.

Companions cannot be used in battle or Ampere will eat your soul. They are one of the very things the WHATCH stands for, weakened creatures taken advantage of in their infancy, chained to someone's soul, and then pitted in battle against animals greater in size and power.

THE INTERVIEW

As part of the joining process, any new recruit must be able to answer the same three questions, known as "the interview".

1. Are you bonded?

2. Have you fought before?

3. Why?

The W.H.A.T.C.H. is inspired by The Lookouts/Thornwatch/The Tithe, The Watchmen, Robin Hood and The Night's Watch.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

OKAY I fixed it so now it's not broken ;-; but could not save our original thread.

Please PM me or any other whatch members if you'd like to be recruited!!! Remember we are not anti-violence ;D we just stick up for the little guys, and often use violence to do so! It's also fine if you have a companion, just don't lot Ampere know if you fight with it or else death.

SOMETHING STOLEN!?
CALL 1-800-WHA-TCH1

Your friendly neighborhood whatcher would be happy to help get it back for you! Although exact identities of the whatchers are not known, IC gossip would allow your character to know the Whatch exists and as whatchers are always watching, just call for them and they're bound to appear.

Among anti-theft our whatchers are also talented at helping free prisoners, annoy you during egg drops, and search for missing characters! PLUS SO MUCH MORE, CALL TODAY!

OH NO!?! THE VICTIM OF THEFT, THAT'S THE WORST! CALL THE WHATCH TODAY AND THEY'LL MAKE THOSE SNEAKS PAY.

EEEEEEK! HELP, HELP, I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!
NEVER FEAR - THE WHATCH IS HERE! CALL US AND BAD GUYS GET THE SACK >:D

With all this stealth talk lately, don't be scared! remember that, like a good neighbor, the WHATCH is there!