the Rift

[OPEN] simpleton

Oberon2 Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

OBERON
Can I clear my conscience if I'm different from the rest?
When I come to think of it, fighting is much like chasing cyanide with a bucket of brandy; sure it tastes bright, but it is only a matter of time. Joints creaking and muscles groaning in places that I was not even sure I had any. Damn stick-people with their spikes, could not trust a single one of them to play nice and not near impale me, freaks. Do not misunderstand; it had been one hell of a rush, incomparable to nothing I had ever felt before.

The gathering storm clouds had sent me head between knees in search of safer grounds, reverberating booms of thunder whipping across the steppes. How I utterly loath rain. Trees had been scarce and far apart, but after a couple of minutes the stature of a larger tree could be glimpsed through the gathering fog. About goddamn time, and just as I settle beneath the protection of wiring branches heaven’s floodgates open. That had been far too close for my own comfort.

A fatigued sigh escapes me, but my moping thoughts are suddenly interrupted as a sound of movement breaks the clatter of the rain. I looked to either side and- What the hell? My brows furrow as I squint to get a better look. A big blob covered in white feathers rested barely a few meters away at the stem of the tree. It even took me a few seconds to realize exactly what it is. I stood almost hesitant, gazing at it to see if it stirs, not paying much heed to the wind. Nothing. It looks pretty dead to me. Silently I slither closer before extending a hoof and with a little force, nudge at it nonchalantly.

Asshat to the rescue.
Image credits || @[Elsa]

Messages In This Thread
simpleton - by Elsa - 04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: simpleton - by NPC - 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: simpleton - by Oberon2 - 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: simpleton - by Elsa - 04-04-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: simpleton - by Oberon2 - 04-04-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: simpleton - by NPC - 04-13-2014, 03:45 PM