the Rift

[OPEN] crowded hallways

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Sand under hoof, ocean breeze running over her coat and gracefully into her nares, the memories come at a steady flow, along with a violent wave of emotion. Azarel... The sweet colt in which she had be-friended, and her joyous time here at the Blue flashed before her. Their smaller, fuzzier frames prancing along the shore, playing in the waves, their first shy conversation quickly turning into the most important of friendships, and possibly love. A smile danced across her velvets as she stared out into the ocean; forgetting all the bad things that have dropped on her shoulders lately weighing her down and making her drag her feet. No, she remembered the innocence of her short lived childhood, especially when she was here, playing with her dearest Azarel.

Gaze sweeping to take in her surroundings, she stops her head from the swinging motion as her stare meets the far left side of the beach.
Where she once met the odd Unicorn Rhiannon, and showed her the skill she had came across - drawing in the sand with a stick. Abishia's
swift moves with her strong jaw and creative mind had intrigued the racist child, and formed an unlikely, vague friendship between the two.But after they had parted, she had never seen the charcoal child again, although she did wish she could someday, and remind her of the day she mirrored her features with her unskilled drawing. Quiet laughter bubbled from the girl's mouth as she trotted over to the area, there within only six or seven strides. She quickly dropped to her knees, then side, and satisfyingly rolled herself in the soft sands, but was careful not to knock her hooves (or head) on the rocks just to the right side of her. Quickly, she regained her feet just as quick as she had cascaded off of them, her orbs dancing around the vast area, wondering what to do next. She starting at a trot, prancing toward the waves then starting at a gallop to run across the shoreline, her hooves slapping against the shallow water and spraying her with the salty liquids tainted with many odd scents. Now that Birdsong was encroaching on the chilly winds of winter, it was easier for her to play in the water without getting too unbearably cold. She stopped, then turned on heel, taking off in the direction she came. After a few moments, she was back to where she started. Laughter bubbled from her as she whipped her head back and forth, even wondering to herself exactly who it was she was playing with. No one? Or one who may not be visible, but still present. The thought caused her to come to a slow halt, sweat beginning to bead around her shoulders and chest, also around her harks, making her forelock stick uncomfortably to her face. Swiftly, she gave a flick to her dished dome, her forelock falling behind her right ear satisfyingly. With a smug look, she walked swiftly to the farthest of the soft sands, where grass began to dot the ground. Here, there were many spots of freshwater puddles from where the snow had melted. Slowly, she lowered her head to one of them, sniffing it cautiously before taking a few gulps. She then lifted her head, chestnut sides heaving, looking for someone to accompany her.
____________________________________________________________________________________

{{ Anyone welcome! }}

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I am not a creep, even if I like to stay in the shadows and watch others live their life. Maybe it's because I like to see others dance through life and love without a care in the world. I even feel envy when they flash before my eyes, like butterflies in a meadow on a sunny day. Yes, I feel envy then, but I do not wish to trade my life for another's. I am what I am.

So I stand still as I watch the princess live out her childhood dreams. Our brief meeting in the caves and the harsh words spoken, do not mean a thing now. All I remember when I see you, little one, is water and sand, laughter and youth. Somehow, you chase the darkness away and force me to believe in innocence. Will you do that now, if you saw me?

I begin to walk as she becomes aware of her surroundings. I wonder then, if I have destroyed another friendship with words and actions. Do you find it in your heart to forgive me, even if you do not know the whole story? Somehow, I will find it out, as you should be able to see me now.

With a smile and a light body, I dance to you, obsidian against the earth. "Little one." I greet you with warmth and comfort before I make my body stand still. "You look as beautiful as ever. How have you been?"

@[Abishia]

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Hidden Account
Wild.

Her harks slid backward to take in the footsteps that were becoming closer and closer, the scent sea and sand faded as a familiar smell lingered in the air. Silence gripping her, she stopped, hooves sliding into damp sands. The glass feathers clanked lightly against each other, sending out an odd song. The rays of the sun were becoming weaker, for sun high had passed her over quickly, for she had been lost in her own little world of freedom and happiness. But then rang a voice, plunging her into cool deep waters, away from her thoughts, feelings, everything, into bitter coldness. She knew the voice, she knew it well. And along with that voice traveled cold words and lingering doubt. Ever so slowly, she turned, her newly matured bodice lined with lean muscles effortlessly making the sharp but slow turn. As she did so, the sun shone off her newly placed horn.

"You look as beautiful as ever. How have you been?" A chill ran up her spine as she met his gaze, she then let her gaze linger over his wingless sides and lack of a horn. His ebony bodice was still well put together, his words still adoringly flirty and him so attractive - No. She pushed away the thought at once, remembering how he had used her as a useless pawn in his sick game of chess, aiming at Africa's feelings and stabbing her with a clean jab to the heart. She met his gaze once again, slightly cocking her head, confused by the warmness in his voice, and the kind glint in his pools. She couldn't help but let a smile fuse on her velvet lips, and the darkness fade from her blue and brown orbs, replaced by curiousness.

Curious and curiouser... Why must he pop out of absolutely no where, then act as what he did never happened? Stallions... They think they are hot shit, eh? Well, I might as well play with him as he played with me. Sick bastard. But hey, I can't help but like him a bit. No no no! Not in that way! Holy shit he's like what 5 years older than me? Hell, he called me little one... Oh, but how it flowed off his tongue perfectly... She shook her head, forcing the internal battle away, realizing that all she had done was stand and stare. She may be stunning, but that's not always an excuse for everything. "Windwalker, darling. I never thought I would set my eyes on you again. I have been doing quite well, but I must warn you, I am no longer a little one. How are you, Windwalker?" She smirked, flicking her dome, sending her long locks dancing on the wind, and a mischievous look displayed on her delicate features. She took a step closer to him, closing the distance between them, raising her maw to his ear, whispering, "And Wind, don't play dumb. I'm not a filly anymore. I haven't forgotten what you did, but I don't dwell on the past, I simply learn from it. " She then stepped back, flashing him a glamorous smile before turning on her heel in the opposite direction. She flicked her dished dome so she could glance back at him, kindred vocals calling out.

"Let's walk. "

_________________________________________________________________________________

@[Windwalker]

Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

My little princess got a bite and from the way she hold herself, it is a newfound strenght. I admire that with all my heart, but I also feel the distance I create between myself and my loved ones. I wonder if it is a way for me to survive, to keep my sould from crumbling under the weight I carry. Maybe I should learn as the little one have, that people change and hide behind masks of deceit, only because the world seems such a cruel place.

The smile from my face melts away as she answer my question and as she close in, I listen. Have I become too good at hiding my true self, that even those closest to me does not recognize lies? I find no air in my lungs as she turn away and start to walk, inviting me to join her. Not even my feet are capable of such a task, so I stand, high and tall and black.

"I need to talk to someone.." I hear myself say, my eyes fixed upon the earth before my hooves. "I know you don't approve of how I treated Africa, but.. you don't understand. How can you?" Forcing liquid down my throat, does not make it easier to talk and suddenly, I find no words to speak.

This is why I choose to be heartless, as no one cares about your fears. I create fear in others, I force it down their throats until they choke on it, only because I do not want to be alone. I make more of myself as I drag them down to my level. My Queen is not the first one to feel my wraith nor my tongue and I will have to live with that for the rest of my miserable life. And if I have a say in it, it will not be a long one.

I try to close up again, to shield out the pain and the hurt from five years, but the emotions prove to be too strong. I have not the energy to shield myself from my demons, but to ask for help is too risky. So I do nothing. I just stand there like a statue to remind all who looks at me, that love - love is pain. Love is despair and death and it hurts so bad.

I turn away from her, the living image of myself in my youth. So careless and optimistic and blind to the world's hatred. With a smile and a look, I offer the little princess what may be my last words to her. "You should go. Live your life as happy and carefree as you can, and promise me - don't let anyone tell you that love is overrated or a bad thing. If someone do, I'll find them and eat their hearts."

OOC: @[Abishia] don't let him go! I have a feeling that if she get's him to stay, he'll tell her about his past and that may be interesting lol

Hidden Account
Wild.

Abishia stared, mouth gaping in surprise at his sudden change of heart, sudden sensitiveness to what she had said, and immediately guilt began to brew inside her, then darted in front of the ebony boy, worry displayed on her features. She shook her head vigorously at him, stepping closer so her coat brushed against his. It wasn't time for him to give up,not here, not now, especially if Abishia was here. Wind was her friend, even if she had severed the ties between him and her, that didn't mean she didn't care, because she did. And she would be willing to mend their relationship, and be his shoulder to cry on and bodice to lean on. For she wanted to help, she wanted to be there for him, she cared for him, from deep within her chest. She let down her hard guard, the one she had put up to avoid being played like a fiddle yet again. Abishia now became the kind, caring, loving filly everyone knew she was. Lightly, she pressed herself further against him, then bumped her muzzle to his heavily muscled neck. He said he needed someone to talk to, then turned and said she should leave. Feelings wafted off of him, as well as from her. She pressed her forehead against the side of his neck.

Speaking softly, she tried her best to make him stay.
"Windwalker darling, stay. You must stay. I will help you, I will listen when you need to vent, I will talk when you wish for advice or support. You are my friend Wind, I will be here for you no matter what."
She stepped back, then curling herself in front of him so she was standing directly before him. Drawing her face very close to him, but not touching his, yet. She dropped her voice to a calming, warm whisper. "I will be loyal to you, I will be here when no one else is. I'll keep you in my heart. I promise you Windwalker. Put your trust in me. " She smiled lightly, gently bumping her soft ivory maw against his in a friendly gesture.

Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

I both hate and love my name - Windwalker. Once it held a promise of a better future and possibilities, but now it taunts me each time someone speaks it. It still sounds weird when she speak it, trying to cut me off from my path to safety and isolation. But I listen to wha my little princess have to say, as I owe her that much. I even stay out when she close the gap between my black being and her thin, dual-colored coat.

You promise me too much, little one, and even I who speak truth wrapped in lies, know you can not keep them. I do not know it yet, but as I think those thoughts, my eyes change. Maybe it's because I finally grasp how the world spin and how easily a heart can be manipulated, but still, the blackness merge with hazel and they spin.

"I will tell you something only the dead know." I am not trying to be theatrical or even dramatic as I say it and I carry on before she can stop me. "I was not born as Windwalker. I chose that name after my family died. And if you and I are going to be friends, you should know who I really am and why." With a deep breath I try to find some sort of curage, for what I am about to tell her, may ruin everything.

"I was born as Arcane, and I had a twin brother named Maedre. He is the main reason why I never took to the sky, as he broke my wing in a rage when we were only colts." I know how it may sound, that I am trying to put blame on him and get some sort of pity in return. Wrong. "So I left the herd and wandered around for a few years before I returned. He had stayed with my family and laid claim on the throne as well as the one I loved. So I killed him and ate his black, beating heart right from his bloody chest."

I almost smile as I recall the sensation of ending his miserable life in front of my family and old friends. Then it fade and the darker time fall upon me. "They did not like it of course, and no one understood my radical behaviour, even after I told them the truth of my broken wing. They should never have done that, as I plunged into a darker place and before I knew it, I had killed them. Not by eating their hearts of course, but by driving them off a cliff after I damaged their wings." I breathe again and try to read her face in an attempt to see if she even believe in my words. "So that is who I am. Do you still want to be my friend even if I am capable of such a deed?"

And who knows, I think quietly to myself, who knows if I am still capable of doing something like that again. I bet I am.

@[Abishia] Soo..I don't know if I like the honest Windy (or should I say Arcane). And also, he has now passive magic yay! :D

Hidden Account
Wild.

Arcane?
Orbs clouded with confusion, as suddenly the explanation grew and grew into a bloodier mess. Words stuck in her brain, but then again the simple thought of Wind- Arcane, would kill anyone was horrifying. But her features softened, she showed no confession to the horror she felt inside. Only met his gaze when he was finished with his
stinging words, her stare steady and not portraying anything. Slowly, she stepped toward the Stallion that now had labeled himself as a murderer, and daringly reached out her maw and bumped it against his, not breaking eye contact. She wanted to prove to him, to show him that she would stay true the anything he asked of her. So she did, pushing away the judgment that would normally be placed upon him, no, she offered him a shoulder to lean on, the support
she had sworn.

Her heart pained for him, for the guilt must be horrible, the images must be gruesome and detailed...Abishia still played the images in her head of Antheia, then Harmony.

She had no fear. For Elsa, her dearest sister had also murdered. When Harmony had struggled to breath, Abishia left her. Guilt still encompassed her, but she doesn't regret letting her mother sink to the bottom of the icy pond. "I think no differently of you, Arcane. " She sighed, drawing a step away from him only to give him some comfort if he had felt uncomfortable. But Abishia, she was hungry for the physical touch, the want to help him and heal his broken heart tearing her in every direction."The past is in the past, no matter how horrifying and gruesome, one can't shame another for their past. " She shrugged, then dropped her voice to a whisper so only he could hear her truthful words. "Some of the closest to me have slipped lives away from others, as well as I. But do I dwell on it? No. But that doesn't mean I don't respect it, and remember the images. "

@[Windwalker]
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh abi's bad side shows a weeeeeeeeee bit

Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

"I did what I had to do." I say, breaking the contact as our maw's touch. It is painful to live in old, bloody memories and never be able to let it go. I know I am trapped in them forever, as Maedre still lives. He live inside of me, clouding my thoughts and actions with vengeance and hate. I try to control him, but he was always the strongest of the two of us. He is the one who drove Africa away, just like he stole my sweetheart so many years ago. In spite of that, I still fight, every day and with every breath my lungs can muster.

With a breath, I calm down and open my eyes. "I have never killed since then, only other animals. But if I am forced to do it, I will and it will not be pretty." I feel like her words are more like silk than barbed wire, but something still holds me back. "So you are going to call me Arcane now?" I ask it with a crooked smile, as there have been years since others spoke my true name.

I could not imagine her taking a life, but then again, someone would not be able to believe I once had a heart. "Can you promise me something, Princess? Don't get your hands or mind bloodied again. It destroys you from inside and I do not wish to see you end up like me. If you need help with something like that, I will do it for you, no questions asked." It is my turn now, to show compassion and friendship, so I closed the gap between our bodies and lay my head over her shoulders in something that looks like a hug.

I am both scared and relieved as my life slowly get more meaning. I can not waste my time or my life now, because I have two souls to look after. One Queen and one Princess. "And thank you for not judging me for my actions. I owe you my life."

@[Abishia]
OOC: Awwww, she broke thought to him! And now she got a friend/bodyguard/mercenary/teddybear/punching-bag! yay! XD

Hidden Account
Wild.

She decided to ignore the words that he spoke first, that he had to kill, as if he would be killed if he didn't as if he felt it was something he couldn't live without doing. But Abishia thought of her mother's death in such a different way, it became startling. She didn't regret. There wasn't sadness. She had No love for her mother. Nothing to offer to the dead soul that flanked her sides day in and day out, beside a daughter that watched her sink to the bottom of a pond, her body to freeze and thaw with every winter and spring until all that was left was a mangled heap of bones and lost hope. But what was left of her still roamed the earth, taken where Abishia was despite the fact that her daughter didn't love her, hardly cared, Harmony still had love for the girl, but also loathed her. And one day, she would forget that feeling of love and get revenge upon the carefree child. Remind her that she can't fix everything. 

Ivory lobes flicked forward as she heard the smile in his voice, then let her orbs drip down to his maw and find a half hearted smirk displayed there, which made Abi giggle slightly, flashing one of her show stopping grins effortlessly.  He approved of the name, approved of how is graced her vocals. Satisfaction bled into every part of her, pools lightening with a new sense of determination, and strong feeling for the ebony Stallion before her. A brotherly love. "Yes, if you would prefer darling, I would love to summon you by that name. I'm actually quite fond of it. " She flashed him a grin before reaching out her maw to him, nor touching but waiting for him to complete the gesture. 

But new words poured from him, forcing her to refrain her soft, velvety nose, the physical interaction saved for a later time. 

Princess A large smile lingered with her as he finished his phrase, leaving Abishia nodding to him in agreement. But truthfully, she wasn't sure if she could keep her word, the first promise she had ever doubted, surprising herself that with something so evil, so dark, she couldn't find the strength to turn it down, despite the hostility of it, the horror, the bloodshed. Something in her sprang at the thought of dirtying herself with such an act. Quickly, she pushed away the thought, fear coming her ribs. 

When his bodice collided with hers with his gentle touch, a nicker fell from her mouth as she wrapped herself around him, pushing her face into his mane, lightly playing with it with her kissers, her voice was a bit muffled, but the emotion displayed in it was clear."Arcane darling, don't Thank me. You don't owe me anything but your friendship. " She sighed, smiling lightly"Your friendship is more than enough. " 

------------------------

@[Windwalker] 

YAY

I love Arcane when he is like this love love love him! I really do hope they become really good friends, and him be like a big brother she never had. ((: 

Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

Why am I not able to feel calm and relaxed in a situation like this? It is not a common thing for me to share my past or even my birth-name, but still, I don't feel any better. Should I not have told my Princess who I am and what I have done? It creeps in on my slowly as her breath reach my neck - I don't trust her. I have no trust in anyone, even when they trust me. I am too broken, too damaged by love and hate and life. And when I stand on the edge of the abyss, looking into the void and eyes of death, I will take her with me. That's what friends are for.

Brown and black swirls slowly in my eyes as I take a breath to prepare myself to break the intimacy. "You do know that my understanding of a friendship is quite different from yours and I may come off too hard." I say it as I take a step back before I fix my black gaze on her. I can still smell her strongly and I fear it will stay with me for days. She is so young and innocent and to be honest, perfect for someone like me. You never hear stories about the devil going after old, ugly souls, do you? No, he want's someone young and pretty, someone who is just waiting to become someone. And I will help you with that, Princess.

"But do not fear, my Princess. I will teach you everything you need to know to become strong. If you would allow me." I'd seen it in her eyes a few times, but I was not sure until now. Those brown mirrors hide something and not even the blue rims can keep it intact. "But first, we need to run!" I wait no longer, as the pressure of our talk weight heavy on my shoulders. I need to shake it off, loosen up and keep my dark mind on something that will not be the death of me. So I rear up, putting all of my weight on my hind legs before they kick me into a wild run. I know she will follow - she has to.

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.

She pulled away, taking several steps backward after his first phrase. Rejection is never sweet . Her gaze dropped to the Earth and she nodded her head, agreeing with what he said. Because to her, friendship meant having one another's back, always being there for each other, loving each other with limits, and physical interaction of course. Seems that Arcane has a much more... Different View on things. What does friendship mean to him, then? Standing around and staring at each other? Oh, la de fucking da I can't do one thing right, can I? She flicked a lobe as he began to speak again, raising her gaze slightly, but only to stare at his bodice, his bare sides, only a few scraps of feathers left to prove he was once a free bird. 

Despite her inner dissapointment, she let a small smile glide across her kissers he spoke, then watched as if in slow motion how his muscles flexed and he lurched himself forward. A surprised nicker broke from her velvetines as he took off, but soon a giggle erupted also. Bunching her rump and raising herself from the ground, she took off swiftly, her front hooves stretching as far as they could, then slamming to the soil, propelling her to his side within five strides. Keeping up his pace, she looked over to him, her tassels dancing on the wind and her features glowing with happiness. Tilting her head back, she bellowed a whinny, then increased her speed. Sweat started to wet her chest and behind her harks, but she pushed harder, the land a blur under her clefts. It was as if she was flying. 

She was free. 

Free... 

@[Windwalker]

"Abi Talk!"

Credits

lines