[OPEN] Detour

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra

MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

The hairy wall I’ve come to lean against is comforting but just when I’ve gotten cozy and begun to consider drifting off to sleep I am bumped and nudged to bleary wakefulness. A rough voice keeps me from going completely under… stand, walk, move… it prompts me and I listen primarily because I haven’t the strength of will to do anything else at the moment. I do not comprehend the urgency, only the persistent commands. In my confusion I find the voice aggravating, like a fly that won’t quit buzzing about my head and I think perhaps it will be silent if I do as it demands.

So I convey my wobbly self, under my own power, in the wake of the stranger who owns that voice. Some time later when I am thinking clearly I might realize what I owe him, and that he has made himself a truer friend in these few hours than any I have ever known. Just now I understand only that I am to follow and follow I do. As we trudge along I find myself distracted by his strange tufted tail. Is my tail like that too? Have I ever even seen my own tail?…

Just as I am stopping so that I might stretch my neck around and flick said tail forward to investigate another command to walk issues my way. Right… stand… walk…

I do it without really thinking about it. Then I get to thinking about it and wonder… why? Where am I going, why must I go there? Who is it that is telling me I must?

HOME!

The memory of the word echos in my mind and suddenly I perk up, yes… home! He is taking me there... I want to go there… I can not remember why… I do not care...

Flies… flies… buzz… buzz… buzzing… I shake my head in growing aggravation but I keep moving spurred on by that one word.

The longer I move the easier I find that movement to be. My stumbles are less and my steps more sure, I still can not see straight or poke through the fog in my brain but I continue to be unaware of those facts.

I hear the crashing of the waves before I register what the sound is but it is soothing, welcoming, familiar. There is sand under my hooves, it is real honest sand rather than cave dust pretending to be sand. He stops in front of me but I move forward to look around him turning my face to the blue, the beautiful, endless blue. I do not need clear sight to know what I am looking at.

“Home… yes, home...”

My words are breathy but clearer than they were back at the river side.

I close my eyes, lower my head and rub my face in the sand.

I drop to the ground and sprawl on my side…

“Sleep… watch for me?”

It is a question, a plea, not a demand but I can not keep my grasp on my waking self long enough to register the answer.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Detour - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM