[OPEN] Detour

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

In my other world, the world of dream and memory, I continue to run until I am found by a brother returning from the fight. A brother who is hunting for me, a brother bringing very bad news. I do not believe the words he offers, I shake off his attempts at comfort and sane speech. He is too worn, too injured himself to pursue me in my mad flight. I come to the place where battle raged not long before and see Father standing over a prone form, a prone and heart wrenchingly familiar form. I love you Father, you know I do, but I would sooner have seen you sprawled on the ground like that… sooner you than him, my prince, my other half, my Deagor. Another, much older brother with more sense than kindness to his name charges and drives me away.

In the real world my struggle to breath continues...

A comforting caress, a voice both silvery and rough, soothing despite the hard edges… my eyes flutter open and that other world that I walk, the past, melts away but my mind is still muddled.

“Deagor?”

My head lifts slightly to meet the gaze that watches me, deep, confusing, warm, guarded, welcoming and something other all at once. I have done this before, mistaken others for the ones I have lost and I am still confused enough now to do so again. It is not my beloved standing before me, but my eyes see only what they want to see and my other senses are too slow to stop me from making a fool of myself… again.

The tears begin as I struggle to gain purchase in the soft sand and haul myself upright. My convulsive shaking has subsided but I am still unsteady on my legs. I walk to him, sobs coming freely now and move to bury my face in his shoulder if he lets me. The words that I never got to say on that day come tumbling out, falling over each other in competition with the sobs.

“Deagor! Oh, Deagor… our baby is dead...”

And why were you not there? In my heart I know he had left me to safeguard our son while he went to help safeguard our herd. I am the one who failed our Zetto…

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Ruske]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Detour - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM