the Rift

[OPEN] The First Sentinel

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

“My goodness, sir!”

Among the wretched, hoarfrost darkness came the gleam of lamp-like eyes, the blink of light reflecting off the strange, crystal glass adorning the visage of the doomed. From those shadows came the Disciple, happily drenched in the filth of the field, where he had conducted his own researches day in, day out, for seasons now; his eyes bulged from their sockets, mesmerized by the spectacle before him—a veritable goliath of starmetal, a golem of perfect inorganic composition! It whirred and screeched and clinked and clanked, and Sin’s heart thrummed a furious tempo in his chest as he stepped feverishly toward it, everything about him a blur, gaping for some moments, something within him growing, growing, growing, until at last he found the bronze-marked fellow and from his mouth his passion did spew:

“What astounding technology!” he said in breathy tones, his voice dripping with painful excitement and awe, his eyes so bold, so full of the wild insanity of his discovery. He approached the dark stallion boldly, for the scent of auroras permeated his person; he was a comrade. “What glorious design, what impeccable craftsmanship! Oh sir, the studies you would have had to undergo, the careful calculations this must’ve inspired!” Laughter escaped his maw—actual laughter, a high pitched sort of girlish giggle, those eyes of his never blinking, nearly swimming in tears. “The sinews—the wonderful sinews of this awesome beast! However did you find the ore to smelt in order to construct it? Did you have a specific model in mind when you designed this creature? What sort of—“

Something dimmed within the Disciple’s eyes as his voice suddenly died in his throat. There is another here--a lady he so dreadfully ignored in his haste for praise. With a shake of his dreadlocks, Sin stood back a ways from the diesel-tinged stranger, clearing his throat most coyly. “My apologies, sir, madame” he said in a more mild tone, his smile pleasant and his eyes as horrible as ever. “Please forgive my rudeness, I only—well, I see we are both men of our passions, yes? I cannot help but become inflamed by the scientific feats of another.”

He paused, and for a while he stared through the crystal lense of his monocle at the bronze-marked stallion, the gold tinted lady, allowing his own wits to calm somewhat before dipping his head in formal greeting. Her gilded visage was familiar to him--and yet, he could not place her face for the life of him. “Zikar-Sin, sir, Disciple of the Basin,” he offered, a dazzling smile adorning his features, a merry garland for the orbs of crazed eyes situated deep within the gaunt bones of his face. Sin, poor Sin! How raw his sincerity! How complete his utter cluelessness!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
The First Sentinel - by Ulrik - 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: The First Sentinel - by Illynx - 04-08-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: The First Sentinel - by Zikar-Sin - 04-08-2014, 01:40 PM