the Rift

[OPEN] An ocean between my heart and yours

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

SERENITY</style>
You can't take the sky from me</style>

You can't take the sky from me. I stretched my wings until the warm, Birdsong breeze lifted over my feathers and the smell of the sea filled my nostrils. The horizon at this hour of the morning was just beginning to fade into pink, little slivers of light blue peeking through the blackness of the sky. I heard the ocean crash in the distance, and I landed in the sand on its shores, inhaling the warm air. When I think about being here, in this beautiful place, I cannot help but desire my family be here with me.

Eventually, I know I will have to let them go. My heart is living in two places still, and until I can manage to accept their fate, I will never be whole. Quietly, I shuffle my hooves in the sand, bringing my wings to my sides. My exhale is inaudible with the roar of the waves and the sound of silence as the morning sky peeks in. I look up, watching the orange fade, standing on the beach in awe of nature.

The watercolor sky reflects on the sea, and the overwhelming beauty hits me square in the chest. How many more mornings will I see before I can leave my past behind? Can I ever truly never feel the guilt anymore? I want to ask for help, but from whom? The blue mare who had warned me into going into caves was very nice, kind - maybe I can try to find her again? Would she know how to put these feelings to rest?

Also, the black stallion is a curiosity nagging in my mind. I don't know quite what to make of his presence. Part of me wants to fly to wherever he is, discover his world and why he speaks the way he does, but my heart warns against this. He is dark and dangerous, and I would only be a moth flying to a flame.

CREDITS by Boom Boom

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

As was part of his new ‘job’ as a Dragon’s Throat Spear, Dalibor was required to make various patrols around Helovia. This, he could do. This made sense to him. The Endless Blue was not the area he had been assigned, but it was not an area that had been assigned to anyone – and he missed the water. The cool ocean breeze, the refreshing brine of the salty air, the fact that he coast low and let his hooves skim the water’s surface…this was a place he felt at peace.

And such places were so very rare for the tormented warrior.

However, on this day, the Endless Blue is not endlessly unoccupied like he’d hoped it would be. Was there going to be another pathetic thing with a glass horn smashed into her head? He prayed not. The occupant of the sandy beaches that he spotted today looked like the night sky had melted as the sun came up and a splotch of the dripping, velvety starred painting had splashed on a pegasus below. Interesting.

And pretty.

Descending, his mood calmer than usual today, Dalibor made his presence clearly known before he landed some distance in front of her. His approach was measured and efficient as always, his harsh face affixed with a curious expression. “You are far from home,” he stated, meaning the Dragon’s Throat, but aware his statement held a dual implication. “Few of our kind roam out this way. You should follow me back,” he suggested. Manners. Ah. Yes. Those things.

“Ah, I am Dalibor. What is your name?” he asked, trying to be…polite. He was mildly interested in her name since she was pretty, but pretty usually meant vapid and useless. This one was not a fighter, he could tell that much already. Still, he supposed that a herd needed all kinds. She might have possessed other skills like that of an apothecary, or a weaver, or one who could commune with the gods – if said gods even really existed.

Suddenly, a violent flashback consumed his mental eye and Dalibor took a rough, unstable step back, grunting. That pattern. On those feathers. On that pelt. He knew it from somewhere. The starkissed female. He did not know her name then, and knew it not now.

But now he did want to know, and his yellow eyes burned with insatiable curiosity. Was she the same? Had she come from where he had come from? Escaped from that horrible place too?

---------------------------------
OOC: They both spent time in Anrior, so I thought hey, this might be cool if Dalibor had seen her before or something. They could swap sad slave stories. lol.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

I heard rather than saw the approach. A familiar whisper of wind through feathers caught my attention, but I was not afraid. He was of my kind, and they would not hurt me. Right? Maybe I was being foolish, but flying had a way of bringing everyone together - just right. My hawkish eyes did not wander as I watched the sun rise, casting it's beautiful colors over the ocean. His words hit my ears, and I gently turned my head, surprised to find that his eyes were just like mine.

When he suggested that I was far from home, I wanted to laugh. Why yes, yes I am if you consider that place home. "I have no home," I clarified, furrowing my brows over my blue face. Our kind? As in the winged ones? Was there a group of them here? I was suddenly rather thrilled at the thought, and my ears tilted upward to display my excitement.

"Back where? And you mean the winged ones, yes? Is there a herd... for us?" I asked, trying not to sound too eager. The idea of a herd for one such as me with no home, persecuted because of my wings, was like a dream. I had to make sure that this was real. He introduced himself, and I nodded. Dalibor. That was a strong name.

"My name is Serenity," I said, having used that moniker a few times now. It was growing more and more comfortable on my tongue, and I have even started to refer to myself that way in my own head. Using my birth name from my parents was a liberation, and my heart feel free. I was too young to remember anyone like him from Anrior. When I fled, I had just learned how to fly, and I had been alone for a very long time, trapped within my own head.

"Will you take me back to your home? To where our kind lives?" I wanted to be a part of something. I wanted to be whole again.

I-mi @ Da

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Dalibor cocked his head to the side slightly when this woman said she had no home. Did she mean that figuratively, as in her heart was forever nomadic, like his, or literally, as in she had no herd for herself? She was familiar yet unfamiliar to him, so he considered both possibilities. When he mentioned the Dragon’s Throat herd, he watched her ears snap forward and read the excitement quivering in the lines of her form.

Interesting. “Southeast,” the scarred male replied. “To the Dragon’s Throat.“ He nodded when she asked if he meant the winged ones. “The Throat herd is for any who wish to be a part of it…but predominantly our kind, as far as I saw,” Dalibor answered honestly. It shocked him that she was so…openly excited, and not spitting hate at him or running away like the others did. Had he actually managed a social interaction without offending someone instantly? This was…rare. Did…she want to come with him?

The thought actually excited him a little, and Dalibor’s ears perked forward towards her as he introduced himself, trying to keep this stroke of fortune tolling in his favor. “Serenity…that is…a lovely name,” he complimented, awkwardly, but sincerely. It had been years since something of that sort had issued forth past his torn up lips, but he did truly find pleasure in her name. It invited him to be calm, as did her beautiful markings, and her somehow calming demeanor. Shock registered on the male’s face when Serenity bluntly asked if he would take her back to the Dragon’s Throat, and he was dumbstruck for a moment.

Holy shit. He’d succeeded in recruiting someone. “I…yes, if you want…” he fumbled to reply, realizing he felt an odd sort of…kinship with this woman. He felt almost protective of her. Maybe that was because Serenity openly displayed the displacement and lack of home and family that he felt inside. Maybe he wanted to make sure someone didn’t feel that way if he could help it. Not someone this young; who seemed young, at least. He did not know her age and knew from past experience it was impolite to ask. Instead, he voiced a question sitting on the forefront of his mind. “Where did you come from? Before Helovia, I mean,” Dalibor clarified.

He just couldn’t shake the feeling he’d seen her before, met her before, somehow.

@[Serenity]
"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Avis
Serenity

I was grateful that he didn't withhold information from me. In fact, he seemed almost as surprised as I was about the pleasant nature of this conversation. While I was not afraid of my own kind, my parents had taught me to be careful and not trust everything. The fact that this Dragon's Throat herd was mostly our kind was spectacular, and I smiled, my body visibly relaxing. Now, I had a direction and a name.

"I look forward to going there - being with our kind again," I said honestly, still smiling. I was a little caught off guard when he complimented my name, and I furrowed my brows, flustered. Naturally, I was flattered. He was handsome and strong, and he had complimented me! Rarely did that happen. Most still saw me as a child. "Ah, well thank you." I stood awkwardly.

Then, I asked him if he would lead me back. If he lead me back, then the herd would be more likely to accept me. I would also have company on the flight, and that was something I would welcome at this point. He agreed. I smiled again. "Yes, please. I would like to go - to have some sort of home again." I shifted my weight, wondering when we were leaving.

I heard his question and stiffened a little. Something in the way he asked made it seem as if he knew me before. If he did, I might have been too young to remember. "A place called Anrior," I finally said, my entire demeanor turning cold. Sometimes I wondered if I would be stronger and better if I could be this strong and cold all the time. "I escaped. My family did not. That's that." Maybe I was being rude, but the memories were painful still. I looked away, focusing intently on the ocean in an attempt to calm my thoughts.

I-mi @ Da

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

"I look forward to going there - being with our kind again," she had said. Again implied she remembered a home, a good home, with them. Perhaps she was not quite as young as Dalibor had first assumed; it seemed more likely she was slightly older, as his secondary instincts had suggested he determine. Her smile was bright and radiant and pure, and the weathered warrior felt...cleansed. This was a good soul, one that deserved protecting.

One he would protect.

He felt she deserved a compliment, and felt just as awkward after she thanked him as she looked standing there. The conversation quickly shifted back to returning to the Dragon's Throat with her and Serenity seemed eager to leave. "All I can offer is an accepting herd," the older male said honestly. "They accepted me into their ranks; they have to accept you then."

They would have to. Dalibor knew he was as prickly as they came, and if someone like Africa could see inside of him something worth bringing home, then a beautiful and possibly fragile soul like Serenity was more than worth admittance into the herd. He had to believe that; the way he viewed the world would not let him think otherwise. Beginning to walk, he queried about her home and and stiffened like petrified wood when Anrior exited her mouth.

"I...you must have been so young. That place...I am glad you made it out," Dalibor said quietly, wondering if her family was still there, still alive. Could they be found? Freed? Not without an army, and that was something he certainly did not have. A dark, years' old fire kindled the embers within his chest once more, thinking of the unicorns that ruled that land. Did she hold the same hate within her starry breast, the same implacable loathing of those horned bastards that would set themselves above others simply because of their deformed heads?

Glancing at her, his eyes dark with anger and pain, he doubted it. She was damaged, he could see that much, but she was too beautiful to hate as he did. It was a poison in his bones, it was the space between his heartbeats, the parts of his lungs he could not fill with air, the ache in his limbs. Serenity, she was stars and flight, youth and resilience. She was what he could only ever hope to be in some pathetic plagiarized fraction in his best moments.

Slowly flaring his wings from his compact and muscular frame, looking to the celestial female to his left, Dalibor nodded to the sky. "Now we leave."

@[Serenity]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Avis
Serenity

I listened to him, nodding. I trusted him when he said that the herd would have to accept me, maybe because he was a pegasus too. If the demon-horned one had told me these words, I would have been much more skeptical. Also, I sensed a tragic level of self-deprecation in his words, a hint of low self-esteem. Why would he suffer from doubt? From the scars around his legs and face, I assumed that he had seen war. Such a skilled battle-stallion should not think so little of himself.

When he started to walk, I followed, my hooves depressing the sand beneath me. For the first time in a long time, my prints were not alone. I trusted him, so when he asked about my home, I spoke. What I did not expect was his reaction. He tensed, stiffened, like I was cold, and I looked up at him in shock. Did he know what I was talking about? Did he know the wicked place I had narrowly escaped from?

My hawkish, yellow eyes (similar to his), watched him carefully, hearing his words. My heart skipped a beat. I nodded slowly, swallowing as my mouth suddenly went dry. He had been there. "I was," I said quietly. "So were you?" My question was more of a statement as I looked at him intently. Did he know of anyone still there? Had he left before or after I did? Mostly likely before, if he already had a herd here. "I was lucky. Lucky to have a family who risked their lives to let me escape.". My heart felt a stab of pain.

I could see the anger and the pain in his own eyes, recognizing those emotions from my own heart. Then, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling all of those wicked feelings and bad thoughts. "My parents saved my life. I owe it to them to make myself something - a force for good." I turned to look at this broken stallion, and I was broken myself.

I widened my stance and opened my wings when he did, stepping away to allow their wide span room. He nodded to the sky. With all my might, I gathered my hindquarters like a spring and released them into the air. Wind washed over and under the starry feathers, lifting me at my shoulders with a jerk. A cool breeze brushed at my face, and I inhaled deeply, gaining height before following Dalibor, my kindred spirit.

I-mi @ Da

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS