the Rift

Dragon Child

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Though I'm built for the tough Siberian winters, the frostbite, the torrent of icy wind, the snow that could be so soft but instead cut like razor blades... I'm glad that Frostfall has passed. The cold had started to seep into my bones and like all the other creatures, I am glad now to be thawing out like the ground below. Though I'm sure Birdsong will provide it's own annoyances, it will be nothing like the frigidness of Frostfall. I look down at the pup next to me. I'm especially glad the winter season is over for the sake of the young hellhound next to me. She made it through her first winter, or part of of a winter at least. Born at such a wretched time, Damaris had proven herself resilient to the cold and has a true love of life. Now she's a month old, keeping fairly good pace next to me. But then, she has much more energy than I. I don't move fast, and I don't really move straight either. I take a swig from the drinking pouch that hangs around my neck. It warms my belly and makes my head spin a little. I step sideways, and Damaris manages to leap out of the way of my large hooves. She yelps and nips at my fetlocks. She's not a fan of my drinking, but so far tolerates it pretty well. I let the pouch fall from my lips and chuckle. Hic! Oh there we go... Hiccuping through the Threshold, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone within a half-mile's radius knows where I am. Damaris does not scold me for my hiccups - I can't help it after all. Instead, I can sense her amusement. At least my lethargic antics manage to keep her entertained. That's really all I can ask for.

Ahead of me I see something glittering, as if the sun shone down upon some type of precious metal. To the best of my knowledge there is no such precious metal lying around Helovia. Not that I haven't seen it - Midas's collar, for example. Unless there's another equine chillin' out with fancy do-whoppy collars 'n' shit. Hic! When I see her in full, I stop dead in my tracks. Nope. Didn't expect that.

That's a dragon-horse.

I swish my leonine tail around at Damaris and in my mind I tell her to stay back, behind my legs. She's a little unnerved at the emotions I'm sending her way, but is even more curious about the being in front of us. A dragon-horse. That's all I can think of. Hic! Goddamnit! For sure she's noticed us. But we're bigger.. and older..and... stronger? Faster? Well damn, I don't know about that. It's got wings. Um.. she. She has wings. If she so desired, she could probably kick my ass. But I have horns on my face and my head.. I could defend myself right? Why am I acting like such a pussy? She's a filly.. surely she won't hurt me. Oh God is she staring at me? How long has she been staring at me? Those eyes are weird....

Hic! Fuck. Better say something. This is awkward. Is it awkward, or is it just me? Fuck. "Greetings, Dragon-Lady. Hic!" I hold my breath for a moment, wishing my hiccups would go away. They don't. Well.... fuck. Why is this filly making me nervous? I don't get nervous. Luckily, my voice doesn't portray the myriad of thoughts running through my head. "I'm Rostislav, this is Damaris. Who are you?" I'm gruff, I'm blunt, but nothing in my voice portrays any rudeness that might be expected if the words are taken at face value. I motion to Damaris, and the pup springs forward toward the filly, jumping and dancing happily, dark body and tail wiggling and wagging like mad.

Damn puppies.

The filly's leather wings catch my eye. Yeah.. dragon-horse... But I notice that except for the color, her wings remind me of another's... Someone in the herd at Hidden Falls. A black stallion, with weird face markings. He has leather wings, too, with little claw-fingers ready to carve out some eyeballs... Yuck. "You know.. I've seen wings like yours before." What a random ass thing to say. Or is it?

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-09-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-09-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-12-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-14-2014, 05:18 PM