the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm only Human

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

She did not know that she had been abandoned, left to die alone in the cruel world. Perhaps that was a good thing, but she would find out. One day she would know that from the beginning, the word "unwanted" and herself were synonymous. All that she knew was left in a pit of sand, moved around by the kind hearts of two, the only reason she would survive. But, they would not be mother, and they would not be father. She would be alone.

The egg began to vibrate as she struggled inside the hard casing. Yes, this was soon, very soon, but as if knowing the distress, she pressed onward. She was a fighter. She always would be. Pointed, sharp toes of cloven hooves shot against the surface, weakly. A crack formed on the pearly surface, leaving a resounding snapping noise in its wake. The night wore on as more cracks formed, and she would be still for a few minutes to regain her strength.

Sometime close to the break of day, she managed to breath through. Two, nubs of black horns pushed first and then the rest of her tiny, skinny body. Her eyes were not open yet, still sealed shut, and she trembled in the absence of warmth and comfort. A small, pathetic whine moved past her lips, hungry and alone. She was cold. Long, knobbly limbs shifted, kicking the remainder of the egg away.

Aithniel was born, and the only one there to witness was a girl and her friend. She cried again, a little louder this time, struggling but unable to stand. Food, she wanted to beg, but she didn't know the words. She just knew the feeling of hunger and of need. The ache gnawed at her bony ribs, and she was desperate, saline streaming from her eyes.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
I'm only Human - by Ampere - 04-09-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Tandavi - 04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: I'm only Human - by Aithniel - 04-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Tandavi - 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Aithniel - 05-04-2014, 12:57 PM