the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm only Human

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

Words hit her ears from a voice. She did not know what they meant or what was said. Nothing about the strange murmur of those consonants and vowels meant anything. The child was hungry. What did those strange sounds mean anyway? Food? Anything. Her body was shaking, but she didn't realize why until she felt cold. The egg had been warm and moist, and out here was cold and dry.

The child finally opened eyes, revealing stunning, molten silver orbs that looked around the world in shock. Mewling and crying suddenly seemed so irrelevant as she saw for the first time the world. Something in her chest beat dully, and she just stared out at the vast dunes of sand and grass. A bright light was moving ever upward - yellow, big and round. Aithniel was transfixed. Her shivering stopped, and she breathed noisily, the mucus from the egg still stuck in her nasal cavities.

Crying was irrelevant now that the big, orange circle was coming. She felt renewed, if that even meant anything at all. The child stumbled on her goat hooves and tried to get up. Aithniel looked over and realized that the owner of the voice was also like the sun, and she looked between the yellow orb and her golden hide a few times. Connections were beginning to be made.

Her first try at standing failed. She took a tumble in the stand and whimpered. Aithniel pushed onward though until her long, spindly legs were shaking beneath her and she was breathing comfortably again. Stuck to her sides were the barely feathered bones of wings, and she pulled them from her sticky sides, looking at them as if they were alien tentacles.

Aithniel looked up at the other one. She didn't have alien bones. The babe frowned slightly, thinking that already she was different, easily abandoned. When she looked back at the remnants of shell that she came from, she realized that this creature must not be her mother. But, she was hungry yet, and hunger had to be met. Aithniel huffed and stomped her hooves.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
I'm only Human - by Ampere - 04-09-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Tandavi - 04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: I'm only Human - by Aithniel - 04-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Tandavi - 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: I'm only Human - by Aithniel - 05-04-2014, 12:57 PM