the Rift

[PRIVATE] Innocent Wanderings

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

It had been a while since I had been out for an adventure. Sure it still wasn't entirely safe to be out alone and this far away from home, but who was I to care? I was young and wild.... I won't say free as life in the Falls is proving to be more of a job than a home. Even at my young age, i'm learning to work for the better of the herd. I don't like it. I've had to be a grown up most of my young life. I wanted time to be a kid. Wasn't it enough I watched my parents be slaughtered by wolves? Well, I didn't exactly watch.... I ran. First with Momma while Daddy protected us, then alone while Momma saved me...

In my running, I stretched out my wings a few times. I still don't know how to fly, but I want to learn and soon. I also hope to see Cera again, and his little friend too... I wish I could remember her name.. I doubt i'll even see them again.... I'd have to go to Dragon's Throat for that.... Which I don't have a problem doing.... But I know it will hurt Momma Elsa for me to leave... Then again, she's Mason of the Falls now.... She doesn't need me.... No one really needs me.... Maybe I should just leave the Falls.... No, I can't leave without saying goodbye, even if she doesn't need me. Then again, where can I go?

"Talk talk talk"

@[Cera]

Amani

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

A pale ghost with gold lining, he is silent and contemplative as he aims to return to his home. His meeting with Midas had left him saddened but sure of himself, sure of his place in the world and where he intended to go from there. So he had looked upon the rotting forestry, and with a swell of a breath, he stepped forth into its domain. As he walked, he reminisced. All his demons lay within the circles of these endless, dark pines. They would forever remain there, but it mattered little to him. He would conquer them in time. Head bowed to brush a soft breath against the scar on his breast, remembering vividly the afternoon that had created it. Ilaria made a wounded sound and buried deep into his mane, one of her first memories of him as a cub being his screams as he'd withered on the ground, helpless to fight against the poison within. Unable to help him. Realizing he was harming her just as much with these thoughts, the stallion crooned softly at her, turning to let her wrap her paws round his face in a desire for comfort. When she had calmed, he placed her back upon his shoulders, and continued south.

Of the shadows he knew, even if only in nightmares that forced the memorization upon him, he had not anticipated a flash of color, racing past. Alert, he turned and instinctively began to follow. Emeralds brightened and a happy chuckle escaped as he recognized the form he was trailing, giddily racing forth to meet her. "Ama!" he coos, wings extending for a gentle hop and glide towards her, face warm and joyous as his eyes lay upon her. She was an endearing individual, and he recalled how they'd met, basking in the presence of their Lord. What was she doing, so young, in a forest such as this one? He feared for her, knowing what had happened to him when he'd been such an age and wandering about. He swore he would make sure she would come to no harm with him there to protect her.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Emily

"Ama!" As if it was a dream, he was suddenly there before me. Almost like he had been called. I halted, glad to see the one I could call friend. My face brightened from the darker thoughts I had been thinking only moments before. Why am I always so glad to see him? Well, then again outside of Elsa he was my only friend. I still thinkl she will be better off without me around under her hooves. She's important to the herd. Last thing she needs is a child who doesn't even share her blood messing things up. Oh, there I go again.

Without hesitation I plunge my hed forward to nuzzle his neck and cheek if he would let me. My golden eyes flash to Ilaria, who in her presence I remember her name. I extend my muzzle to greet her as well, just glad to see the bonded pair. A part of me wished I had won the egg from the Earth Turtle, maybe then I would get to see how a bond works.

"What are you doing here Cera? I figured you would be hard at work in your home or on the quest our God gave you." It wasn't that I wasn't glad to see him. Just I wasn't expecting to. The amulet the God of the Sun gave me along with the rest rolled gently along my right shoulder. It was tied into my mane, so that it was always close by. I was a follower of the God of Light and Fire after all. Then I realized something.... I could help him with his quest! My fireballs were fire magic after all! Without thinking, I blurted out "I can help you with your quest! I have fire magic! See?" I closed my eyes and imagined a small fireball right next to my left shoulder. Not to close, I didn't want to burn myself.

"Talk talk talk"

@[Cera]

Amani

At the calling of her name she turns, and Cera can't help how his smile widens to see how her face glows when her eyes fall upon him. He's glad he approached her, in the presence of their Lord, because now he was a friend to her. He hopes deep down that she knows that, that she can always turn to him, but with the smile bright and happy upon her pretty features he suspects she already does. She slows and turns to meet him, and Cera smiles at her as he jogs to catch up with her, amulets bouncing against his skin in various areas, carefully tied so he will not lose them. His quest is of great importance to him, he would do anything to prove himself to his Lord. So he would never lose the amulets given to him.

It's nearly surprising how quickly she reacts to him, lunging forward towards him, but Cera is quick to react with a soft laugh. He lifts his wings to envelope her, happily allowing the nuzzling that he joyously returns, lips enveloping the tip of her ear playfully as he swept his muzzle across her cheek and the arch of her neck. Ilaria chirped and barked happily, running in circles from the span of one wing to the other, wiggling about as her large fluffed tail flicked to and fro. She was impossibly excited to see the little maiden they'd befriended, and it was painfully conspicuous. As the chocolate kissers were extended Ilaria happily wrapped her little arms around it, rubbing her fuzzy head against Amani's forehead and cooing. Reluctantly releasing her to return to Cera's shoulders, big green eyes like lamps that sparked with the happiness she couldn't express to anyone aside her bonded.

"I went to visit my father, I was just heading home," he explained softly, eyes warm and inviting. Though she seemed to be overcome with a sudden burst of an idea, nearly bouncing on her hooves as she chirruped happily. Cera blinked owlishly at her, trying to understand the words thrust upon him all at once, only to smile. Was she really going to help him? She answered him with a sudden ball of fire, making him jump and stare at the floating orb, clearly awed by it. "That's incredible Ama! Thank you," his words tried to convey how much he appreciated her magic, but as the sun amulet round his neck began to warm against his skin, he watched in shock as the fireball was pulled in without ever moving, until it settled and cooled once more. He stared stupidly down at it and gave an unsure chuckle.

"Well...that's new." He stared back at Amani and laughed at his own reaction. Crown shook momentarily, righting his forelock, and soulful green eyes flicked up to her. "What are you doing here, Ama? You should be careful, it's dangerous out here...I got my scar when I was around your age in this forest." As if afraid someone would swoop down upon Amani to hurt her as he'd been hurt, Cera moved closer, wing coming up to shield her instinctively, ushering her to continue walking in the direction of the Throat.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa

Emily

The returned affection made my heart flip flop and gave me a reason to smile the biggest smile since arriving in Helovia. I missed the affection from Momma.... It just wasn't the same with Elsa, no matter how much of a good Mom she tried to be. I was even more overjoyed at the affection from Ilaria. I did not pull my face back until she let go. "I went to visit my father, I was just heading home," His Father didn't live in the same herd as him? The thought confused me. In my short few months alive, I spent time with family, and we were always in the same herd together. Never apart... "Who is your Father? Why don't you live in the same place?"

The conversation quickly changed to my fireball however. Cera thought it was cool! No, not just cool, incredible! I have to say I am pretty pleased with myself. I have been able to help him on his quest. We both watch in shock as the amulet seems to just pull my fireball right in. The weight of my own in my mane made he wonder if that's what mine could do to. Guess one day, i'll have to find out... Right now, it's very precious to me. After all, it's not everyday you get a gift from a God, let alone the one you eagerly worship. Oh Momma, I hope I am making you proud.

Once again, conversation shifted. What are you doing here, Ama? You should be careful, it's dangerous out here...I got my scar when I was around your age in this forest." He moved almost at once as I turned to slide under his wing. I wasn't sure where we were going, but if Cera and Ilaria were there then I wanted to be there too. "I decided to go for a run.... To see if anyone missed me.... I don't feel at home in the Falls.... Even if Elsa is there... She's the mare that took me in when I first got here... But now she's a Mason. I don't want to be a burden to her..." I trailed off, feeling like I was rambling on. I was suddenly struck by an idea, but I wasn't sure if I could ask that of Cera..... Well before I could really think things through I found myself blurting out "Can I go home with you?"

"Talk talk talk"

@[Cera]

Amani

Warmth is gushing from her young, pretty features as she smiles so beautifully back at him. Cera can't help how his own widens in tandem, so overjoyed to see her truly happy for the first time. The young stallion had always had a penchant for physical affection, though it was not something he generally employed, leading a reluctantly solitary lifestyle. Even if he were to have others around him, he feared his actions would be taken the wrong way, perhaps even smothering, and as such restrained himself. If his display of love for Amani made her so happy, he would joyously continue to do so for however long she desired it. Even Ilaria was cooing, clearly endeared with the beautiful dame, and just as reluctant to release her pretty chocolate visage from her hug.

Soft words graced his harks and Cera momentarily stiffened, the memories too fresh for him, by no fault of Amani's curiosity. Forcibly relaxing, he gave a sorrowful sigh, having learned there was no use in concealing emotions from others. He had never appreciated it as a foal, and garnered that most youth were far more perceptive than their elders gave them credit for. "The God of the Earth asked him to lead the Hidden Falls as their Csar. Despite his lifelong allegiance to our- er, my- herdland, he accepted. But...I could not leave. It is the only home I have ever known." Pain crinkled the corners of his eyes as he smiled, sadness lingering in the expression despite attempting to be lighthearted about the matter.

"He's been with me all my life, I suppose...I can't condemn him now, when I am as old as I am." But he shakes his head and clears the weight of the feelings from his shoulders, latching graciously upon the new topic of his quest. And though neither knew how the amulets worked, they watched in astonishment as it was pulled into the amulet and disappeared.

But Cera cannot stand to linger, not with such horrific memories at hand in these lands, and not with Amani so defenseless. She slides effortlessly beneath the embrace of his wing, and he shuffles to press their sides together comfortably, feathers warm and encompassing as they rest against her side protectively, shielding her from the horrors that still haunt the dark pines.

Patiently, one pale ear turns to listen to her, crown turning to let vibrant emeralds gaze down upon her in a display of attentiveness. Sometimes all it took was someone actually caring enough to listen to what you had to say to make life worth living. Cera knew the agony of silence, of having nobody around to speak to. He would have taken the attention that came with tuning out, so long as he'd had someone to talk to. And when she posed her question, blurting it out, he increased the pressure of his wing against her side to hug her closer while turning in an attempt to press a kiss against the center of her forehead with his muzzle. "You should think about it, Ama. But if you wish to come home with me, I would gladly let you stay. Perhaps...with me? I don't want you lonely." Somewhat embarrassed by what he was about to say he looked away and swallowed down his nerves. Was this how Midas had felt when they'd first met?

"Maybe I could be something like Elsa was for you?"

@[Amani] Such cuteness <3

I am Ceraaaa

Emily

The look on his face when I asked about his Dad made me freeze. I instantly regretted my question as it was one that seemed to cause Cera unhappiness. He covered the look quickly, moving to to answer my question. So his Dad used to live and lead in the Dragon's Throat... But the God of the Earth had called him to lead the Falls? So wait... That means his Dad is Midas! His Dad is my current leader... Oh man... Yikes. But at least Cera had stayed in the land that my mother had always dreamed of. She had spoken of the land of the God of the Sun. She had only visited once, when she had been trying to gain the magic that had saved my life.

I remain silent as he holds my close under his wing. There, I feel safe and secure. A safety I have not felt in many months now. It wasn't a forced feeling, it was natural. Almost like I belonged under his wing. I sigh, content to just stay here, right here, forever.

At my blurted words he tightens his hold on me, his muzzle pressing gently against my forehead at first. My heart flutters in an unfamiliar way, and I listen as he speaks. He says I should think things through, before I make my choice. But that he would gladly have me come home with him. That I can even stay with him. However when he says maybe he could be something like Elsa was I shake my head. "Elsa tried to fill the void my parents left, and no matter how hard anyone tries... No one can ever fill that. But I want to live with you, as friends. Then we will never be alone." I glance to Ilaria, wishing her to understand what I mean. Sure he is never alone.... But the companionship of another pegasus surely is different. I just want to be part of thier, family? Or thier bond? I'm not really sure what the words would be, but I just want to be with both of them.

"Talk talk talk"

@[Cera] so much cuteness

Amani

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

She is innocent in many ways, even if the death of her mother ages her far beyond her years. Cera can relate to her well in that regard, even if his parent had not died, for the weight of growing up too soon was one he still bore on his shoulders. Even as he sees her shrink into her features, clearly aware of his reaction to her guileless questioning, he merely shifts to hold her closer in an assurance of his mood. It wasn't her fault she was curious, after all, and he had been the one to allude to heading home after meeting with his father in the first place.

They walk in silence after that, Cera's eyes flitting about and watching every shifting shadow distrustfully. With such a precious parcel beneath his wing he would not allow any slip ups or mistakes. The scar upon his hide was one he shouldered unwillingly, and he would not let any other deranged being destroy the life of a soul too young to deal with the damage that would be left behind.

Cera flushed at her words and the subtle misunderstanding, shaking his head calmly to show he had been misinterpreted. "No, Ama. I could never replace a parent. I would never try to. But...maybe in time, I can be your brother?" Ilaria chirped to emphasize her words, wise green eyes understanding her far better than Cera could ever hope to. Either way he laughed softly and pulled her close, nuzzling her lovingly. "You're right, though. No more being alone, okay?" His words echoed off the trees, a promise sealed in the shadows of the fading day.

@[Amani] oh my gosh my heart

I am Ceraaaa