the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
I love the sound of new foliage.

Birdsong is such a lovely season with its brilliant colours and vibrant sounds. I have found such solace in our new home, too, for there are so many interesting hues to explore. The waterfall, for example, ever audible in the background, pounds blue-white on my retinas. Today, various colours are interlaced with one another across this background. Birds call and serenade one another, pulling yellows and reds and oranges into the fray; the light breeze caresses the flowers blooming in the valley, offering light violets and pinks, as though they are a wine for the tasting; and, of course, there are the vibrant greens of windswept foliage. I am giddy with the beauty of it all, intoxicated with my lust for the colours.

I stand upon glass slippers at the base of a large, deciduous tree, a rarity in the pine-dotted landscape of the Hidden Falls. My view contains the crumbling mountainside and the myriad waterfalls and pools that dot its rocks, and my pupil-less gaze meanders along the rivulets and the rainbows that shimmer in the sunlight, and I shiver with delight. How did we become so very blessed as to reside here? I had never been impressed with the Windtossed Foothills, for they had never had the most interesting of landscapes - but this, this with which the God of the Earth had gifted our leader... well, it is simply heavenly.

A thought occurs, and I correct myself: our leaders, for we no longer have just one. My thoughts turn to the steed who has risen to stand beside my half-sister as Czar of this land. He is perhaps the most normal of all of us, and I cannot help but pity him for being alone among the institutionalized. I had entered their ranks both to offer my loyalty to Seele and to soothe the insanity in their midst, but of late I have begun to accept that the latter is a lost cause. Our family loves its insanity, and they have no desire to lose what makes them so unique. I can understand that, and respect it, even if I am not as lost in my own mind as they.

I have not seen traces of the ghosts that live in my skull in quite a while, presumably because all has been quiet. Helovia seems to have fallen under a spell after emerging from the underground caverns that had been our home for over a season. I wonder if it is false hope that leads me to relax so beneath the branches of this lovely tree, or if we have truly ended our struggles. Somehow, I am sure that at least one of the herds - or perhaps an outcast band, as we had been not so long ago - are plotting some manner of mischief. I can only hope that we are not its target.

"Talk talk talk."

Tag :: @[Midas]; all others, please ask before joining this thread!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I too was enjoying the day, a blissful peace and quiet that seemed as fragile as it usually was. My companion slept with one talon slightly raised from rump and head tucked neatly in the fold of her left wing. We walked the many trails of Hidden Falls, weaving in and out of evergreen timbers that had grown thicker in the past weeks. Sweet smelling annuals, their stalks leaned over from the weight of flower and seed; Birdsong was a time for rebirth, love and children.

Though my care had been betrayed time and time again, I still loved the call of old lovers crying in the trees for their new mates—a flashy show of color and then they were gone to create a family that would last only a few seasons. Foxes, with their vibrant red pelts would dash out. One strong dog chasing his vixen through the undergrowth—a doe would leap, trailed by a string of bucks that had yet to come back into velvet. Our home was alive with the musk of wildlife, a scent that stirred the purpose of even a stout warrior.

It was from one of these trails that I emerged to witness a woman of striking grace, shadowed by the canopy of a grand timber that was just starting to get in its first flowers and color. Memory served well to remind me that this lady had been part of our last meeting. Perhaps if this had been anyone else I might have moved from the light back into shadows, ignored the lass for the sake of maintaining peace—yet I lingered. It wasn’t just the feel of birdsong that gave my steps and eyes pause, her beauty was striking in the most simplistic of ways. Down from the purest white of pelt to her silken multihued locks, even the star pendant that hung across her breast seemed to scream elegance and higher breeding. Fina scoffed in her sleep.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
I must have napped for a while, for when I next open my eyes, my thoughts are clouded with colours that could not possibly have come from my surroundings. A certain darkness pervades my former peace, and I take a deep breath to steady myself. Of course, on a day as lovely as today, I would find myself in the midst of a nightmare! A long sigh falls from my lips as I close my eyes again, willing my heart to slow its pace, forcing my mind to fall into order again. The colours, the brilliant red of violence and the darkest black of death, are but memories, of that I am sure; for it has been so long since they found their way into my waking hours that I ought not be surprised to see them intruding on my sleep.

At least their shapes do not come back to haunt me. Not today.

My lids lift, revealing my pupil-less violets to the lovely blue sky, my fitful sleep all but forgotten in the beauty of the day. Calmer hues are stroking my retinas now, taking the place of the more vibrant splashes from my nightmares. A gentle salmon caresses a baby blue; a finch and a robin - no, two robins - bickering back and forth over their respective territories. My orbs flit upward, watching. I assume that they are both males, as robins defend territory as a mated pair. I wonder where the mate is, and consider the possibility that the eggs have hatched, and she is off finding food. It feels quite early in the breeding season, but I suppose more time may have passed than I had bargained for in those gods-forsaken caves.

One of the robins flitters to a nearby tree, the other male jumping a few branches over, his wings flared and his chest puffed out in defense. A small smile played across my lips as I watch the challenger's obvious dismay. "Better luck next time," I call softly, startling the pair. The challenger leaps into the air and away; the defender disappears into the branches, rustling leaves in a splash of green. I chuckle, shaking my head - and then my gaze lights on our Czar, and I freeze. How fitting that he would stumble across my talking to birds that can't understand our language, like a truly insane individual. I may see colours, and I may have ghosts - but there are those in our Asylum that are far crazier than I.

In any case, I find myself unable to look away. I tilt my head curiously, my gaze falling along the muscled lines of him, wondering just what kind of pegasus has a such a pure, gold voice. I long to see the rise and fall of my song, to see if it can match his perfect hue - of course, he would need to be injured for that to happen, and I desperately hope that I will never need to heal our leader. He is handsome, standing in the trees like that. "Hello," I say finally, fidgeting slightly in an uncomfortable silence. Does he assume me to be like the others, so far gone in their own unique afflictions to find him an outsider? Or would he be so kind as to give me the chance to prove that we are not all bad?

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas

I lost pace of how long we stood by, seconds, minutes, staring at the crowned female with what could only be a dazed expression. A warm gale rustled through the undergrowth, breaking the shadows across my back to dance in an array of shimmering patches—she rested, and I idled away valuable seconds that could have been used to retreat back into the thick topiary. It was somehow very intriguing to watch how her feminine muscles tensed within their dormant rest, trusting the environment and its occupants to guard the precious surrender that came from being in a vulnerable state.

Our lax truce lasted for a few extraordinary moments before the stirring began. Seafoam senses perked first, coming alive as the head shifted up and a soft blow eased between her lips. Why did she sigh? I wondered, and found myself placidly following her gaze to the two squabbling worm eaters. One flew off and her whisper followed, causing both ebony ears to perk—though her words were lost, the tricking music of laughter was not.

Borders flicked up, somehow finding amusement even if there was total ignorance at what the joke actually was. Then, she turned. I stiffened subconsciously, almost forgetting that we couldn’t go on with me being the silent, unseen observer. A single word, strong enough to break the delicate weaves of whatever spell held me. An uncommon burning bloom fell across my façade as eyes slipped halfway down to fall from their gawking state, “Well met,” I replied quietly and somehow lost control of my tongue, “Apologizes…I—ye.” What exactly was I apologizing for again? “….I was just passing through”

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
Despite the long silence, the time we spend watching one another is not awkward, and I find my eyes drawn along the muscular lines of his painted body, the golden tips of his wings. I find myself wondering what it must be like to have wings, to be able to soar through the skies and skim along the tops of the clouds. I wonder if he ever fights the urge to climb higher and higher, drawn like Icarus to the sun, curious and afraid of its brilliant light and warmth. I decide that he probably does not have such urges, our Czar - for he, unlike the rest of us, does not fight those silly mental battles. He is probably quite happy to be alive, probably desires nothing more than to stay so - and to taunt the great orb in the sky would do little to prolong his life.

We, on the other hand, enjoy our dance with destiny.

I notice that his eyes are pure gold, pupil-less, like mine. Does he spend the silence looking me over, taking in the gently curving musculature, the enticing way my banner falls along my nape, the small half-smile gracing my lips? Without the cues that the darker center of an eye give, it is difficult to follow his line of sight. Is this how it is when others look at me? Do they often wonder what I am thinking, what I am feeling, where I am looking, all because they are missing the subtle movements and dilations of those insignificant little dots?

I blink as he stammers in response to my greeting, the half-smile stretching into a small, ladylike grin. I lower my gaze, watching him from under my lashes, the picture of the demure female. Ah, how lovely and pure his voice is! I have never seen such a brilliant shade of gold flare upon my retinas. "You aren't interrupting anything," I assure him. "In fact, I would enjoy the company."

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

My face curves into a lopsided grin which reveal’s small hints of coltish youth that had been mostly lost in the rise to maturity. The seafoam lady flicks those lavender eyes down behind a current of silk, I’m momentarily allowed to forget that these acts are most certainly false in anything other than innocent flirtation. All lovely matrons seemed gifted as such—yet I find no reason to doubt the teasing curve of kissers and the way her nares so briefly flare upon delicately formed features. I find myself drawn into lingering deeply—naturally falling into a state of ease. Falling into whatever game she wished to play upon my heartstrings.

“Ye is most gracious, dear lady.” crown dips ever slightly in a balanced nod, vocals relax with some effort and return to a smooth brass baritone. “What is your name?” I cox softly, taking the slightest step in her direction. Two could play in this dance, ivory feathers flare along my barrel and shimmer back into their sheath as the patched shadows fade my pelt. As if I could impress a unicorn, hadn’t I already failed once upon that endeavor? Fina stirs upon feeling the change and churn in emotion, peeking one humorless eye open, and pinching flesh between her ebony razors to show disapproval in this current choice of company. Luckily my brain barely registers the pain, tough hide only quivers as a result.

“She is a strumpet.” Fina hisses, hatefully curving head toward the lass who had captured such attention, “Would ye so foolishly glide with the weight of her wind to hold you abreast?” One coal colored ear finally gets annoyed enough to flick back and though I’ve mostly ignored her rough remarks and bias judgment of character I can’t stop the slide of bark that slips back, “Do I need thee to grant a blessing upon every girl that steps into my path? That list would be short indeed.” The phoenix falls bitterly silent.

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
His voice is brilliantly gold, and I bask for a moment with the slightest of smiles on my maw. Again I find myself wondering about this stallion - who he is and how he has come to attain such a pure colour - and again I allow violet orbs to roll appreciatively over the broad expanse of his muscular chest, across the feathery softness of his wings. "My name is Reizend," I say, my vocals gentle and demure. I almost add, half-sister to Seele, but I remember myself at the last moment. No one here knows of the tie that I have to our dear Czarina, and for the time being, I must keep it that way. If I am to reveal myself to her, it must indeed be to Seele, not to her co-leader. And I must endear myself to her first - a feat which, sadly, I have done little to accomplish.

I wonder when I became so complacent.

Ah, but it is so easy here, standing with a handsome stallion and enjoying the beauty of Birdsong. Or, rather, it has been easy - but at this moment, a rosy hue flits into existence at the edge of my vision, and it is only the easy recognition of the colour that saves me from flinching. Ah, Verletzt, Mother dearest, why must you choose this moment to join me? It has been so very long since I have seen any of you. I am not in danger, I am not angry, I am not afraid - so why have you come to stand to my left, a still, calm shape exuding a certain warmth that I do not understand? You have always been my guide, but I am not in need of your assistance this day - am I?

Only the smallest of moments has passed since my introduction, and I force myself to ignore Verlatzt to add, "I am a healer. I followed Seele to this land." The last is a bit more explanation than necessary, and I hope that I do not scare him off with the implications of my words. To follow Seele is to be a member of the Asylum - and to be a member of the Asylum is to be mad. And although I may be abnormal, I do not find myself to be deranged or insane, not like the others. No, I am their healer, their psychologist, and I cannot afford to be as careless as my peers.

"Did you know that your voice is gold?" I blurt suddenly.

Verlatzt stomps her hoof reproachfully.

So much for sanity.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

Reizend. A beautiful name for a lovely girl. I beam, showing teeth between the folds of dark lips and carrying her name in my mind like a whispering hymn. She goes on to add a position and the reason for becoming a herdsister to this humble hollow, a smile remains as I inquire further upon the explanation she seemed willing to give, “Then thee is a member of asylum, to perhaps heal those inflicted?” It made little difference to me what company this lady chose to surround herself with—but I couldn’t help but wonder just a little if there was something to this female, that would justify her following the head of such unpredictable folk; even if it was only to cure their minds.

On the outside Reizend seemed picture perfect, a sweet lady with fair temperance and a soft gaze. Who knew what lurked inside behind the exterior that she let me witness only with careful placement? “Exactly,” Fina cooed, speaking to me in a tone as if I’d become a small child who needed chiding. Perhaps my other half was the reason why I carried so much inner doubt about someone I’d hardly gotten past introductions with.

Suddenly she spoke up again, my ears shifted up a notch and they were quickly followed by arching brows. Features slide from brief and faint surprise to one of harmonious levity, “I’ve never been told such before.” Tone is playful in the note but my smile remains kind when I add, “Has anyone ever told ye that your beauty rivals the moon herself?” Fina hissed and rolled her eyes. It was perhaps a tad bit more toying batter than anything, but it was also the truth. She is a lovely fawn. “The pendant around your neck.” I stepped forward, taking another move to close the distance between us so that we could talk without raising voice for all to hear, “What does it mean?” Gaze drifted to the star shaped object, it was a curious thing.

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
"Then thee is a member of the Asylum, to perhaps heal those inflicted?"

Oh, my dear sir, if only you knew.

I return his broad grin, for he seems not to care one way or the other if I am cursed with insanity or not, though my own smile is a bit more demure, accompanied with a downward cast of the eyes. There is something about carefree flirting that sets my mind, for the moment, at ease, though Verlatzt is a bit of annoyance at the edge of my vision, like an irritating gnat that simply won't go away. "You could say that," I agree, a slight wickedness worming its way into my features. It isn't a harmful sort of mischief, but rather an enticement, a promise of fun and good times if we are to continue down this interesting road.

I laugh aloud at his response to my outburst, relieved to find that the strangeness of my remark has seemed to have no effect on him. A slight hiss warns me that his companion, a small, fiery bird, is not quite so enamored with me (or, perhaps, it is simply bored, and wishes to spend its afternoon aloft - and one can hardly blame it for that). I ignore it, though, confident that the golden boy has control over the creature. "I must admit," I say, amused, "I'm quite sure that no one has paid me such a compliment." I wink, shifting my weight slightly and relaxing into his presence. Though we've yet to touch, I find myself grounded, for the moment, by his very aura, and I find it quite enjoyable to bask in the beauty of his tones.

I wonder if he is as lovely an individual as his voice suggests.

In any case, I am debating whether or not I should expand on my odd comment when he next speaks, this time to inquire as to the meaning behind my pendant. I glance down, as though to look at it (though when it is hanging around my neck, I can't crane my neck in such a way as to see it), surprised at the attention to detail. In my admittedly limited experience, males do not generally pick up on such intricacies. I am immediately bombarded with memories - memories that I do not care to linger over, for they are accompanied by emotion, and emotion is my undoing. I swallow, lowering my gaze again. This time, it is not flirtation, but avoidance, for my sadness has only served to feed the coloured silhouette that is Verletzt - my mother. She is more apparent than ever now, and she watches me with soft eyes. I miss her, and I am surprised by it, as always.

She was the first of the souls to haunt me; she is the only one who attempts to guide me. The smile on her face lends me courage, and I wonder if she is insinuating something about the steed before me. Should I trust him? Or is it worth it to offer such a thing to a Czar that I cannot possibly swear allegiance to over my half-sister? "It was a gift," I say, my voice softer now, and perhaps a bit nostalgic. Verlatzt led me to the trinket, though she did so after her untimely demise. I wonder if she is gesturing to Midas for a similar reason - if he will be useful to me, and if so, will it be for only a short time, or will I have his companionship for a longer term? I cannot help but hope for the latter. "My mother gave it to me, and it allows me to keep her close. It's a sun," I add as clarification, "and it glows in different colours when I heal." I don't know why I tell him all of it, but something about him makes it easy.

I shouldn't trust him - and yet, somehow, I do.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Midas]
[OOC | Sorry for the wait!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

Everything had a meaning, whether or not we shared that meaning was another thing entirely. I waited patiently, encouraging her by keeping our conversation light and my curiosity genuine. Some might say I was simply binding time, searching for an excuse to spend a few moments more with a lovely lady—but they would be false in the sense that my personal greed for companionship (however short) was the main reason. I truly wanted to know about this lass, what had formed her into the creature that stood before me. What god did she follow and who did she learn her faith from? What was it like in the place of her youth? A thousand questions and I’d chosen to start with a dangling silver object.

My smile gentled when she gazed away with what could only be hesitation. The beginnings of a cute feminine frown chased a former grin from those tri colored lips, delicate brows furrowed just a little, alerting me that my request was at the very least being considered. Reizend could either trust me with this information or not, I wouldn’t have held it against her should the sea foam lady chose to keep it a mystery.

When she spoke I glanced down, returning my gaze to the harmless silver. It was a token of memory, a thing I could easily relate to. The collar around my neck was similar to the armor my father had worn, and though it was crafted from Earth instead of passed down from him, I carried it for Da’s honor all the same. Absently while I’d been thinking chin tucked and gently breathed a feather light touch along the gem at lay just below the breast line on my chest. “Is she still of this world?” voice suddenly inquires, the softness in my tone reveals the hidden understanding.

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
Where I come from, worship of the gods was never as important as pleasing Schwere, and I never managed to do that quite as well as Seele. I was always just a little too kind, a little too lacking in bloodlust - and in the end, that was the difference between my sister and I. He chose her over me, and I can't say that I ever envied her his favour. Still, past gods or no, I have learned that it is always better to respect those with more power than myself. You may call it self-interest or self-preservation or whatever you will. I don't particularly care, but I certainly have it in abundance. My powers come from the light, so I suppose one could say that I worship the Sun. In reality, I worship whoever has the ability to kill me with a look.

But, that is neither here nor there.

The sun amulet is the closest thing I have to any deity, and it was my mother that led me to it, so I tend to associate it more closely with her. When I remember my mother, I remember kindness. She had her problems, of course (don't we all?), but she always made it very clear that she loved me, that she would care for me, that she would try to protect me. I learned from her how to feel, how to care, how to heal - not in terms of magic, but in terms of the mind. She supported me when there was no one else, and she took me from my father when he was at his worst. I have never been alone with her memory in my heart.

"No, she isn't," I respond softly, lowering my gaze to disguise the emotion running through me. Despite my mother's best efforts, I have not been able to become fully comfortable with showing my sadness. Tears, I have always felt, are weakness, and I prefer not to flaunt mine, abundant though it may be. I shed no tears today, but it is clear that I miss my mother and her wisdom all the same. "I wish she was, but we must all face our time eventually. She is still with me, after all," I add with a small, sad smile, gently tapping the sun amulet with my chin.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Midas]
[OOC | Sorry for the wait!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

I expected the response I got when Reizend answered that her Ma was no longer living. Yar, the loss of a parent was heartfelt – and it was her grief that I easily understood. How often had this body longed to visit once again with my own kin and mentors? To feel their flesh against my cool hide in the long nights. “My dame and sire are also gone. They passed during a battle when I was very young.” Muzzle shook back and forth, “Though that was a while ago.” I wouldn’t soil pain with tales of my own experience. “I’ve been told that no energy ever truly fades." Words spoken out of comfort.

Who knew if the spirits of lives long past remained in connection with those they left behind. It was a nice thought to play with, or perhaps lull yourself to sleep with on grieving nights –did I believe such truth? Nay. This world had far too much pain in it to be considered a final resting place for the tormented souls who had striven to make their days better. I’d rather like to think that they moved to a nicer location, one without war and magic. A valley of peace.

Naivety.

Cautiously I reached out in an attempt toward momentary comfort, moving muzzle toward her face and lowering till I was within reach of the velvet soft hairs. “Was ye born in Helovia?” I whispered, changing the topic to something of mayhaps lighter nature in an attempt to bring our conversation back into the realm of limited seriousness.

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
It is rare that I feel true kinship with anyone - I have kept myself sealed off from the world, a product of my father's mocking hatred, a result of constantly feeling as though I was too weak, or too stupid, or too something. Why else would he push my so hard, punish my so harshly, hate me so strongly? And even if I did allow myself to love, to care - what good would it do? My mission in this life is clear: I must earn my half-sister's trust and affection, as far as Seele can feel those things. Emotion will only get in the way. But despite the walls I have built around my soul, I find myself reaching for the painted stallion in heartfelt sympathy. The loss of one's parents is not an easy thing, nor one that is easily forgotten. "Meine sorgen für ihr," I murmur sadly, hoping that he will allow my muzzle to brush his.

I wonder what he was like as a child, before the pain and suffering of life marred his innocence. I can almost imagine a spindly-legged colt, eager and excited about the world. I wonder how old he was when he learned that there are no fairy tales, no knights in shining armor; that the universe was a vicious, uncaring place with no ability or desire to distinguish between those who deserved punishment and those who did not. I wonder if the shattering of his illusions left him better or worse than he was before, if he was angry or accepting of the injustice of it all, if he acted out of necessity or some desire to make things better. I wonder if he really believes he can.

I hope that he does. I hope that his golden voice is an indication of character, a glimpse into the soul of one who is truly still pure, who has not allowed the world to taint him and turn him into a sour old man who trusts no one and loves nothing. I hope that his kindness is no mere facade, that perhaps he is exactly what he appears to be. I hope, and I hate myself for it, for I do not look forward to being disappointed. His muzzle brushes mine gently, and I let out a soft sigh. It is a simple gesture, but one that my mind reacts to with a wild rush of warmth and comfort and joy.

"No," I respond, shaken from my musings by that lovely golden tone spinning like thread before my eyes. "I was born somewhere quite far away. I traveled here after my parents died, looking for my sis-" I stop suddenly, glancing upward as though to see if he caught my mistake. How idiotic of me to let my guard down, to allow him to permeate so deeply into my soul, into my wants and desires and dreams. I look away, gathering my flustered thoughts in what I hope is a collected manner. "Looking for something," I amend. And then, softly: "But I don't think I'm going to find it." A pause, a shake of the head, a coy smile and a wink - "Even so, I do believe I will stay, especially if such handsome stallions keep cropping up."

"Talk talk talk."
[Meine sorgen für ihr. :: My sorrows for yours.]

@[Midas]
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

I didn’t understand the strange murmuring words she used, but they sounded pleasant to this ears – a welcoming bubbly spring filtering across a grainy soul that had seen far too much in its young life. She pressed closer, obviously offering a positive retort in the comfort area; the gesture was innocent and I returned it willingly. Relishing in the feel of her whiskers tickling against mine and the warmth of velvet brushing across tender flesh. Her essence is vigorous and wild, a tempting flower that I’d be allowed to gently graze but never fully taste. Nay.

Just like the others, she’d fade from my life. I came to anticipate, almost expect that our time would be short. I cherished these peaceful moments, when I could just share words with a strange lovely woman and not think about stepping further into the future with empty promises or words. We’d get to enjoy these moments in untainted bliss.

I pull back and find myself also lingering. Her eyes, soft and strangely captivating. They peer into mine, searching, pondering – maybe that pliable warmth is pity and understanding. I wanted to ask what she’d been deliberating on; but instead I allowed the brief lapse of silence to fall upon us and don’t allow my mind to think very far into the meaning. When she replies to yet another question, both ears perk higher, seeking to capture every syllable.

Reizend started to answer, but the reply faltered off toward the end. An obvious mistake that made my brows shift gently downward in concern, lips twitched but held their silence – she would either correct or continue. I respectfully wouldn’t pry. Nay, she didn’t desire to share the objective of her mission, instead the patched girl turned what could have been a deeper conversation upon heel, into easy flirtation we’d been participating in moments before.

Regardless, the admission was well received in the department of compassion. I returned her toying grin with an easy smile that relaxed those faint worry lines. Nobody could be expected to bare their soul before a complete stranger, aye, say true. What did we know of each other? I was her Czar and ranking supervisor, a protector, an orphan. She didn’t know that I’d grown up in Dragon’s Throat, that I’d sired a child into the world and adopted two. One of which that had passed from this life. My mate had been Ktulu for a fleeting while, we’d brought little Ranjiri into this cruel world.

There were thousands of upon thousands of stories within this brain, all waiting to spill forth for the right individual.

“Aye, ye will make those stallions glad for an enchanting distraction.” Her appealing looks deserved attention, “I pray ye finds heart’s desire sooner rather than later.” My meaning was genuine, it was painful to search and remain empty hooved for a lifetime, “May I pray for ye and the coming joy of a mission soon to be completed?” If there was anyone who could truly answer what this lady wanted, it was earth and his siblings. They knew every creature that slithered, crawled, or walked upon this globe.

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend
I wonder what he has felt and why it has not come to taint him. Life is difficult - to believe anything else is to believe in a lie - and it mutilates honor and destroys courage. It saps away your faith and your strength and your innocence. I do not believe that the stallion before me is purely perfect or perfectly pure, but he is something beyond the normal individual.

I easily turn away his advances, his questions, for though I doubt he meant to pry, I am uncomfortable divulging so much of myself to him. No, that isn't it - I am uncomfortable with the sudden desire to let him in, to show him past the wall that I have built, the story that I hide behind. I am afraid of the allure of his vocals, ashamed by the ease with which I consider confiding in him when I have yet to tell my own sister that we are blood, have yet to admit to my wrongs and place myself before the jury to be punished. Every instinct I have tells me that he will not judge me, will not hold my past against me - but every intelligent thought in my mind disagrees. Who accepts murder, even the accidental sort? Who would ever tell me that it was okay, that I didn't mean to, that they understand?

He surprises me, the stallion of gold, with his offer to pray for me. My experience with the gods is limited - I am a believer, as everyone in this land must be, with their gods so present and reachable; but I haven't had any quality time with any of them, have only heard stories and seen the effects of their touch. I haven't even seen any of them myself. Still, the offer is touching, and I smile warmly. "I would appreciate that, Midas, truly. Thank you."

"Talk talk talk."

Tag :: @[Midas] - Merp, we can finish this at any time, I know I'm taking forever!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro