the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
"Then thee is a member of the Asylum, to perhaps heal those inflicted?"

Oh, my dear sir, if only you knew.

I return his broad grin, for he seems not to care one way or the other if I am cursed with insanity or not, though my own smile is a bit more demure, accompanied with a downward cast of the eyes. There is something about carefree flirting that sets my mind, for the moment, at ease, though Verlatzt is a bit of annoyance at the edge of my vision, like an irritating gnat that simply won't go away. "You could say that," I agree, a slight wickedness worming its way into my features. It isn't a harmful sort of mischief, but rather an enticement, a promise of fun and good times if we are to continue down this interesting road.

I laugh aloud at his response to my outburst, relieved to find that the strangeness of my remark has seemed to have no effect on him. A slight hiss warns me that his companion, a small, fiery bird, is not quite so enamored with me (or, perhaps, it is simply bored, and wishes to spend its afternoon aloft - and one can hardly blame it for that). I ignore it, though, confident that the golden boy has control over the creature. "I must admit," I say, amused, "I'm quite sure that no one has paid me such a compliment." I wink, shifting my weight slightly and relaxing into his presence. Though we've yet to touch, I find myself grounded, for the moment, by his very aura, and I find it quite enjoyable to bask in the beauty of his tones.

I wonder if he is as lovely an individual as his voice suggests.

In any case, I am debating whether or not I should expand on my odd comment when he next speaks, this time to inquire as to the meaning behind my pendant. I glance down, as though to look at it (though when it is hanging around my neck, I can't crane my neck in such a way as to see it), surprised at the attention to detail. In my admittedly limited experience, males do not generally pick up on such intricacies. I am immediately bombarded with memories - memories that I do not care to linger over, for they are accompanied by emotion, and emotion is my undoing. I swallow, lowering my gaze again. This time, it is not flirtation, but avoidance, for my sadness has only served to feed the coloured silhouette that is Verletzt - my mother. She is more apparent than ever now, and she watches me with soft eyes. I miss her, and I am surprised by it, as always.

She was the first of the souls to haunt me; she is the only one who attempts to guide me. The smile on her face lends me courage, and I wonder if she is insinuating something about the steed before me. Should I trust him? Or is it worth it to offer such a thing to a Czar that I cannot possibly swear allegiance to over my half-sister? "It was a gift," I say, my voice softer now, and perhaps a bit nostalgic. Verlatzt led me to the trinket, though she did so after her untimely demise. I wonder if she is gesturing to Midas for a similar reason - if he will be useful to me, and if so, will it be for only a short time, or will I have his companionship for a longer term? I cannot help but hope for the latter. "My mother gave it to me, and it allows me to keep her close. It's a sun," I add as clarification, "and it glows in different colours when I heal." I don't know why I tell him all of it, but something about him makes it easy.

I shouldn't trust him - and yet, somehow, I do.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Midas]
[OOC | Sorry for the wait!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Reizend - 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM