the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Everything had a meaning, whether or not we shared that meaning was another thing entirely. I waited patiently, encouraging her by keeping our conversation light and my curiosity genuine. Some might say I was simply binding time, searching for an excuse to spend a few moments more with a lovely lady—but they would be false in the sense that my personal greed for companionship (however short) was the main reason. I truly wanted to know about this lass, what had formed her into the creature that stood before me. What god did she follow and who did she learn her faith from? What was it like in the place of her youth? A thousand questions and I’d chosen to start with a dangling silver object.

My smile gentled when she gazed away with what could only be hesitation. The beginnings of a cute feminine frown chased a former grin from those tri colored lips, delicate brows furrowed just a little, alerting me that my request was at the very least being considered. Reizend could either trust me with this information or not, I wouldn’t have held it against her should the sea foam lady chose to keep it a mystery.

When she spoke I glanced down, returning my gaze to the harmless silver. It was a token of memory, a thing I could easily relate to. The collar around my neck was similar to the armor my father had worn, and though it was crafted from Earth instead of passed down from him, I carried it for Da’s honor all the same. Absently while I’d been thinking chin tucked and gently breathed a feather light touch along the gem at lay just below the breast line on my chest. “Is she still of this world?” voice suddenly inquires, the softness in my tone reveals the hidden understanding.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Midas - 06-17-2014, 10:54 AM