the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I lost pace of how long we stood by, seconds, minutes, staring at the crowned female with what could only be a dazed expression. A warm gale rustled through the undergrowth, breaking the shadows across my back to dance in an array of shimmering patches—she rested, and I idled away valuable seconds that could have been used to retreat back into the thick topiary. It was somehow very intriguing to watch how her feminine muscles tensed within their dormant rest, trusting the environment and its occupants to guard the precious surrender that came from being in a vulnerable state.

Our lax truce lasted for a few extraordinary moments before the stirring began. Seafoam senses perked first, coming alive as the head shifted up and a soft blow eased between her lips. Why did she sigh? I wondered, and found myself placidly following her gaze to the two squabbling worm eaters. One flew off and her whisper followed, causing both ebony ears to perk—though her words were lost, the tricking music of laughter was not.

Borders flicked up, somehow finding amusement even if there was total ignorance at what the joke actually was. Then, she turned. I stiffened subconsciously, almost forgetting that we couldn’t go on with me being the silent, unseen observer. A single word, strong enough to break the delicate weaves of whatever spell held me. An uncommon burning bloom fell across my façade as eyes slipped halfway down to fall from their gawking state, “Well met,” I replied quietly and somehow lost control of my tongue, “Apologizes…I—ye.” What exactly was I apologizing for again? “….I was just passing through”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Midas - 05-03-2014, 04:50 PM