the Rift

New World

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

I have traveled a long distance from my former home. Every now and then I cast a glance over my shoulder to make sure I am not being followed. Not that I am scared if they do, I can surely hold my own. But i'd rather not have to. After all, I think those... two-legged creatures aren't that fast not on horseback. I can only hope, although I hate the way I had to get rid of their mounts... I never meant to harm anyone....

None of that matters now, as I can tell I am clearly entering a new land. The trees seemed thicker than before, like I am entering a forest. My icy blue eyes take in everything around me. Where am I? Mother had never left our home, rather stayed hidden. Now that we are separated I am alone and wandering. I suppose I should settle down somewhere, because I for sure can not go back to my birth home.

A glimmer of a ray of sunshine peeked through the trees, glancing off my spiral mahogany and aqua horn. Why had mother chosen to live so close to those two legged things? She told me my Father belonged to one of them. He's the reason that I am built heavier than she is. Being part draft did have it's advantages though.... Now to find a home....

"Hello? Anyone here?" It must be a good thing I am used to the cold... Because it's cooler here than my old home... Thicker coat wins after all. To think I used to hate my thicker coat in the summertime....

"blah blah blah."

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Dèodat had wandered this forest only a handful of times, one of them
his own arrival. Now he typically left te recruiting to those with the silver tongues and time to spare. Today had been rather dull and so he seized the opportunity to seek out those worthy of his Artic home. Today Odette toddled along beside him rather than upon his shoulder. In the past few weeks she had grown leaps and bounds, including her personality. The white pup was bound up energy and constantly on the move. Of course once he could harness this energy, he would have a worthy partner on his hands. At the moment, he had a wild child that found she needed to sniff every branch, blade of grass, and grain of dirt.

The Blood Prince had seen several individuals from afar, all hornless dirt. He snorted and continued onward. Odette began to yipp and bolted forward on her small legs. A groan passed from his lips as he picked up his pace after the pup. "ODETTE!" Dèodat yelled, "Get your fluffy ass back here!" He charged through the underbrush looking for a streak of white. All he could hear were loud high pitched barks, unknown to him was that his little bitch found a crowned creature worthy of his home. Odette wagged her tail and looked at the mare with an excited expression.

Dèodat finally emerge from the brush, oblivious to the voice that had called out. "There you are Odette!" He walked toward the shepherd and grabbed her by the scruff and dropped her onto his shoulder. Then he turned his attention to the unicorn. A mare of a formidable size, but most importantly, a horn. "Apologies for that entrance, my companion got away from me. I'm Dèodat, corporal of the Aurora Basin. Welcome to Helovia."
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Deceased
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

My ears twitched around listening to the sounds of the forest. After all, I am new here. This place could be someone's home... If I am intruding then I better move on. That is when I heard a voice, male from the sound of it. It seemed far off at first. I can't even understand what is being said. I can also hear barking, like from one of those creatures Mother had called dogs. I tensed up, ready to flee. If those two legged things had sent dogs after me, I needed to run and keep moving. It would not be safe here after all. I begin to back up, the barking coming closer until a small white pup bursts out from the under brush. She seems to calm down a bit, but her tail is wagging back and forth much like the dog my Mother had been friends with.

"There you are Odette!" The male voice was suddenly there, coming in from behind the white pup. It was a stallion, and he has a horn just like I do! The young child inside of me could of jumped and pranced for joy. All of my life it has just been my Mother and I. I've never met anyone else that had a horn, let alone a stallion. My eyes take him in. He's barely shorter than I am, and quiet handsome. He had picked up the pup and dropped her on his withers. I can only guess that she belongs to him in some way. Or maybe they are just friends. "Apologies for that entrance, my companion got away from me. I'm Dèodat, corporal of the Aurora Basin. Welcome to Helovia." Helovia. That must be where I am. "Thank you Dèodat. I am Esther. What is a corporal, and the Aurora Basin?" My voice is soft, with a hint of my curiosity evident in the tone. I can find out more about the lands later. Right now I am more interested in what he has to say.

"blah blah blah."

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Dèodat watched the mare as she spoke. Her name and questions poured out from her mouth. What was an Aurora Basin and a corporal? Perhaps he had met a girl of sheltered origins, some parents saw fit to do so with their youths, and Dèodat was of the opinion it condemned a child to let them live in ignorance. One day they would taste of the world's cruelty, hiding it from them was futile. He pushed aside his own parenting ideology and returned to the task at hand, getting this girl to his home.

"The Aurora Basin is a herd that resides in the north. We are a proud nation made up of solely the crowned, the unicorns. We are ruled by Lord Deimos the Reaper and Lady Illynx the Gilded Blade." He paused and let the words soak in before he would continue onward. "As for a corporal, that is a rank. I'm a soldier in the Basin's army, but rather than be simply a soldier, I'm an officer which means I have a certain level of authority and power over those without a rank, but I serve under Torleik who is our general, which is the highest rank for a soldier." Yet again he paused and let the words sink into her mind. Maybe the girl would choose the path of a warrior, she certainly had the size for it.

Déodat could feel Odette shifting about on his back. He sighed and placed her back onto the ground, this time she found something else to chase. He sighed and shook his head. There would be time to seek after the dog later. Now was the time to lure the girl in.

"The Basin is a family, and we're always opening our doors to those that desire to live amongst us. Should you desire to Esther, we would welcome you with open arms, and you'd have the protection of the unicorns of the north." There was pride in the Blood Prince's voice, and it only showed a small hint of his undying loyalty to his herd.
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Deceased
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

I hope he does not think that I am innocent and ever experienced life before now. After all, when you spend your life on the run from those two legged creatures there isn't much time to set up herd rankings and things like that. I like what he calls us, the crowned. It makes me feel like I am royalty or something. Like for the first time in my life I am special. He speaks of the leads as if they are something awesome and amazing. I guess I shall have to find out for myself. The herd is in the north, which I like already.

He waits for a moment, long enough for me to take in all the information about the herd. He then starts in on his own rank. He was part of the force that protected the herd from dangers! What luck I have! If those two legged creatures ever do show up, I shall be safe. I can handle myself, but not against the crowd that had been chasing me. "I would certainly love to meet your Lord and Lady, ]and the General too. My fighting skills are basic, but I am eager to learn."

Just then his pup he called Odette moved. He placed her back on the ground and she seemed eager to run after something else. He did not give chase, instead speaking to me. He spoke of how the Basin is a family, and they would welcome me.... Would they welcome me if they knew my blood was not pure unicorn? I shall keep that fact to myself. The pride I hear in his voice makes me want to know more about this family. Eager to know everything about my potential new home. "Perhaps on the way there, you can tell me more about this, Helovia that you welcomed me to before?" I really hope I don't sound stupid in front of the older and handsome stag, but when you have lived outside a herd all your life and on the run... You become very curious about your surroundings when you get the chance to settle down.

"blah blah blah."