[OPEN] we'll never crash and burn | Rohesia, Abishia, herd

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
@[Rohesia] @[Abishia] @[Midas] @[Seele]

Delinne
it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are

The walk between the Hidden Falls and the Threshold wasn't very long, but times like these it really felt like it. My bones were aching from all the walking and it felt like I was burning up inside. 'Am I sick? I sure hope not..' I thought, my head was hanging low as I almost dragged my hooves through the thin layer of snow. It was melting away to make way for the flowers and fresh, green grass. 'I hope this fever doesn't last long.. No time to be sick.' Because soon, the rain would start falling and give nutrition to the earth, and anyone who was sick during the rainy days in Birdsong were most likely doomed to die. I glanced back and looked at the two young mares who were following me. Abishia had grown so much since I last saw her. Now, she was a beautiful young mare and she had found - or been given? - a horn to wear upon her brow. It was beautiful, and if her forelock was right you couldn't even see it.
The other mare, Rohesia, was beautiful as well, simple but gorgeous and I wondered what had brought her to a damned land like this. Perhaps abuse? Maybe death? Either way, I didn't care because as far as I knew, I had nothing to say about judging that kind of things.

As we came closer to the welcoming path into my home, I flicked my jagged ear back and ruffled the golden feathers by doing so. "We're close." The sun was on it's way down and the sky had a shimmering fiery color blended with calming lavender. And as I rose my head high, I smelled the fresh scent of cold water and growing moss, feeling it freshen up my nostrils and lungs. "Rohesia, Abishia.. We're home now. Welcome to the Hidden Falls." To our left was a slight waterfall and in front of us were trees and snowpatched green hills. Dezba let out a meowlike roar, letting it echo among the trees. I smiled and turned my black body so that I would face the young mares. They were both very much younger than me, and it was clear on the size of their bellies and the straight backs that they had not yet carried a foal, or if they had, they covered it well.
"You will meet our leaders soon. What do you think of your new home so far?" My smile got wider and I looked at them both. "I at least thinks it's lovely. My son, my daughter and myself has lived here for only a season so far."

"Talk."

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Rohesia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

narrator . speech . thought

As they walked Rohesia kicked and snorted at the snow on the ground with a childlike playfulness. She hadn’t felt so free in a long time and she had a feeling should wouldn’t feel this way for very much longer. Why not enjoy it while I can? Certain patches of wet grass stuck through the thin snow, a sign that the cold was leaving. Rohesia had heard stories about the different seasons and how they made the ground and trees change colors but had never fully experienced them. Her herd kept them in a permanent state of Tallsun. As soon as the leaves began to show orange they were on the move for a long time. She didn’t care much at the time.

Rohesia wasn’t paying much attention to the Unicorn mare in front of her and almost bumped into her. She noticed they had been slowly down a bit during the walk. Looking at the dark mare she could tell there was a little struggle within her from the walk. Slowing down, Rohesia decided not to mention it.
Chances are she doesn’t want anyone to notice, and who am I to point it out?

A short walk later Delinne stopped the group. We’re here. Rohesia looked around wondrously at the lush landscape around them. Everything smelled wet, like even without the snow this place was never dry. There was a little waterfall nearby that still had signs of the passing winter along with the hills and trees. Even as the sun set they seemed to glow. She walked to the waterfall and thrust her nose into the little pool at the bottom. She hadn’t expected the water to be so frigid. She jerked her head out of the water, snorting at the cold temperature.

“It’s beautiful, but I certainly won’t be doing that again,” she pulled her lip up and gave herself a good shake. A sort of anxious tension came over her when Delinne said the leaders were coming. She had fled the last leaders she served… They will be different, she assured herself. “What are your leaders like?” She couldn’t stop herself from asking. If she had to there may still be time to flee, but she had already decided she trusted Delinne. If she is here with her children she must have faith in her leaders.

Tags: @[Abishia] @[Midas] @[Seele] @[Delinne]

Image Credits

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba

I had heard movement at the borders, so I carefully came towards it at a brisk trot. It was the roar that caught my attention the most and had me shoot into a canter. Was there trouble? I come to a sliding halt but feet away from the huddle of mares and I let out a snort to let them know I am here. Of course, there didn't seem to be any violence and there was a bay mare that was talking - me only catching the tail of her words. So, I shifted my weight and allowed my muscles to relax. "Delinne," I said, gently bobbing my head. "Everyone else," I greeted before offering yet another bob of my head.

I shift my attention more to the bay mare now, a gentle smile lacing my lips as I allow what would seem to be a welcoming demeanor into my limbs - the graces of years of practicing emotions making it flawless in shifting. "I suppose you'll see in the flesh what we're like. I am one of them, Seele, Czarina of these Falls." A gentle pause as my audits flick forward and then a few more words begin to slip from my lips. "What brings you here?" my inquires, flicking my eyes back to Delinne, "You came in good company, at the least."

No more words fell from my maw as I felt my spirits fall silent - awaiting the answer to my question. Information was necessary, and when I had it I was more capable of being at ease. But for now, I could play a game so it looked like I was completely at ease.

Normal text
"Speech"
Voices

I'm gonna leave my body, I'm gonna lose my mind
image credit
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Blue and brown orbs scanned across the beautiful scene before her, scattered waters and clearings of grass dotted with puffs of snow here and there. Taking a deep breath in, she mused at Rohesia who dug her maw into what seemed to be, chilly waters. Her reaction made a small laugh bubble from her mouth, features lighting up with joy. But before she could speak, words floated through the air, meetings her harks in beautiful sound, music to her ears. A song she had wished to hear for her whole life.  "Rohesia, Abishia.. We're home now. Welcome to the Hidden Falls." At this, Abishia nodded, smiling wide at Delinne,  a soft nicker bellowing from her nostrils and making the sides of her barrel quiver. Then she turned to Rohesia,  taking a step toward her so she could bump her maw to her shoulder, then reach to bump Del gently also. She then turned forward, locks dancing on the breeze and glass feathers making a soft clanks as they hit each other. She closed her pools, letting the cool air brush down her nerves and caress her soft cheek. 

But in a few moments, the sound of another approaching made Abi open her orbs slowly, then turn to Delinne slightly then look to Rohesia,  but when the answer was not found, it soon revealed itself as a small, red and dark hued mare, horned with a glorious design stamped on one side of her delicate dome. When the mare bowed her dome slightly to Abishia,  she bowed lower, a warm smile upon her lips as she waited for her to conclude her words. 

She had learned from Comanche awhile back that the word Czar meant leader, so when the feminine twist is 'ina' was stuck on the end, Abishia supposed that this small lady was one of their leaders, other than Midas, the one she hadn't meant. At learning her high rank, the child bowed again, this time bending her foreleg in a more respectable gesture. "Miss Seele,  pleasure to meet you, ma'am.  " She smiled lightly, hesitating slightly before continuing with her kindred vocals."I wish to become a loyal part of your herd, if you would allow it, Miss. " With that, she nodded her dished dome politely before stepping back, letting her gaze linger over the mare as she awaited the others to speak. As she reached her tail, the sight of what decorated it interested her, wonder pricking her breast. 

----------------------

@[Midas], @[Delinne], @[Rohesia],

@[Elsa], wondering if you would like to be a part of this also????

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Delinne
it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are

"What are your leaders like?" I looked at Rohesia with warmth in my gaze and parted my lips to answer, when a voice interrupted me. A voice that spoke my name. Quickly I turned my head and smirked at the sight of my Czarina. "Seele." I whispered, lowering my head slightly in a bow. My ears were pinned as the glasshorned mare talked, and I rose my head when she looked at me. It felt both good and bad to be liked by the leader again - oh, it had been such long time since that last happened - and I didn't know whether I liked it or not. This mare could be as big of a traitor to my loyalty as the Fallen King, but she could also be a nice leader who didn't betray her subjects or lied to them. My gaze flew over to Abishia, who bowed in front of the Czarina.
"Czarina, I found these two in the Threshold. This is Rohesia -" I turned my head to the brown equine. "- and this is Abishia." I turned to the whitemarked equine with her glasshorn. Inside, I felt proud that I had recruited two mares on the same day, but that pride was going to be tested whether the mares were of good use or not to the herd.

'Mother. I go search for Aza and Des?' Dezba surprised me with her sudden question and I looked down at her with the same motherly gaze I had whenever I looked at her or my offspring. 'Stay with me, Desired. After this, you can go and look for them.' I lowered my head to bump my muzzle against her scarred nosebridge and the amulet around my neck lifted from my chest as I did so. Slowly, I rose my head again and felt the amulet safely return to it's place between my chestbumps. Curiously, I glanced at the tobiano equine and observed her. Azarel had told me about her, but she was a lot bigger than she had seemed to be in his stories. 'I had to talk to her more later,' I thought before I turned my gaze to Seele again.

talk

ooc blegh im so sorry .-.
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Unregistered

A short yet intimidating figure raced towards our group, jolting to a stop nearby and snorting at us. The creature had strange red all over her body and swirls on her face, unique markings she had never seen before. Rohesia glanced nervously at Delinne, assuming she knew the Unicorn and relying on her reactions. She followed suite by lowering her head in respect to the newcomer but raised it quickly, still unsure when it came to propriety. As Seele introduced herself, Rohesia noticed Delinne's ears pressed tightly against her neck. Despite that, her voice didn't hold the same contempt Rohesia believed she saw in her eyes.

Rohesia followed Abishia's introduction with her own, but she did not bow her head. Instead she used the most respectful language she could and said,
"Well met, my lady. As Delinne said, I am Rohesia. I just found this land and would be honored to be welcomed into your herd." As she spoke her eyes scanned slightly behind Seele, wondering if she had her own companion like Dezba. To her disappointment she didn't see any lurking eyes or fluttering branches. Though the mare in front of her caught her attention with see-through hooves and horn that sparkled when the sun hit them. Though she appeared rather comfortable, Rohesia felt like she should be able to smell death radiating from Seele, reminding her of the Grim Reaper she had heard of in so many horror stories. Her judgement scratched at unwarranted but she had been taught to use the appearance and actions of someone to judge them, not necessarily their feigned feelings. She waited in anticipation to see if her trepidation was warranted.

OOC: Sorry crappy post is crappy :/

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Break apart the letters and read between the lines</style>

Travelers had been coming in at a steady pace, my herd was kept busy and a certain few caught attention by going that extra mile in making sure that tasks were completed. I stood upon the lip of a great cliff, the cold echoes of water no longer sounded like the roar of a dragon, instead it slipped over the falls in a nearly mute hum that had turned into an unnoticeable backdrop noise. Was my mind so keen on abandoning the fruits of a desert home for the sake of this forest paradise? Nay, though all things were forced to adapt, or they die—Earth must have known this, or at least sensed the growth.

Seele had greeted our latest harvest; I watched them from this height, unnoticed and likely unseen. Wings slipped from my barrel, the breeze caught secondary feathers and filled them. It was impossible for a wingless cur to understand true freedom, the passion which came from having a birthright to heaven--surrendering in the purest and most untainted of ways. Each time a Pegasus fell forward from the face of a cliff or dived in the sky, we gambled, throwing our dice into the dirt and praying that the numbers spoke favor into our lives.

Gold littered the rock my feet rested upon, the slithering tendrils of magic slowly vanished from sight as hooves vanished from the cliff. Freefalling I dipped like a soaring bullet, only spreading feathers apart when the ground had been met halfway. Careful angles drifted my body toward the company which stood at our door; honeyed eyes softened and a bright welcoming grin curved the ends of my face. Limps pumped strongly as I neared, backpedaling to ease me into a gentle landing. “Good to see ye, Seele,” crown shifted to her as I drifted closer to the group and sealed feathers back into their sheath. Attention then turned to the newblood and the spy that stood near, “I pray your journey was a pleasant one. Welcome home Delinne and Abishia.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba

I will admit that my voices were giggling in pleasure at how the young painted one had been taught manners. Some seemed to lack it these days, and that highly displeased Innerste who had conditioned even the slightest idea of manners into my frame. It was with my rank that the young one bowed even deeper and offered her graces in meeting me and then her desire to become a part of our herd.
Delinne whispered my name before lowering her head in a bow before introducing the two whom she had brought in with her. "The pleasure is mine," I said, a sweetness curling my voice as Rohesia spoke up. Both would like a place in this herd, which I would be so willing to grant.

Just put them to work, remember jobs and purposes are what keep everyone... focused.. Schwere reminded her before silence befell. Liebling clearing my head from the voices for the concentration that was so needed in these times. But, before I could speak up the winged one was landing and calling his welcomes. "Midas," I said, smirking as I turned my crown toward him. There is a gentle breath in before I allow my voice to take again, just loud enough to be heard over the sweet roar of the waterfall. "If you would like a place in here I will not stop you if Delinne believes you to be fit. We just ask that everyone serves a purpose and aids our herd. Rohesia, Abishia, there are many avenues to choose. Those with strengthened minds generally lean towards our sleuths, strengthened hearts towards healing, caring souls towards our storytellers, empowered bodies toward our warriors, and ingenuity generally leads those to a crafting position. I take care of those under the sleuths and healers - Midas under the warriors and crafters." I explained, allowing a gentle smile to rest on my lips as I awaited to see just what they might say.

--ooc
I can change ranks, so once you let me know what position Rohesia wants to fill then I can add her there as soon as I see the post ;3

I'm gonna leave my body, I'm gonna lose my mind
image credit
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"Sir Midas," She bowed her dome just as she had for Seele,  speaking through upturned kissers. Her delicate lobes urged forward, dished dome nodding when Midas finished speaking, then having to turn her head, for Seele had begun speaking just after the Czar bellowed his greetings. Abi took in what she heard, knowing already what her desired position would be, a crafter.  Her love for creating was already apparent, inspired by Comanche and Elsa.   "Czar, Czarina, I would like to become a crater in the future. But I will always be at hand if any other chores are left undone. I wish to serve you both and my new family well. "

She smiled lightly, then took a few steps back, reaching to bump her maw against Rohesia's shoulder, then did the same to Delinne.  She was thankful that the scarred mare had crossed paths with her, and led her to her new home. And Rohesia on the other hand... Abishia hoped they would become good friends in the future. 

Her harks flicked back and forth, weight shifting and causing the glass feathers in her tail to collide with one another. Patiently, she awaited Rohesia's response, inwardly wondering what the pretty lady would chose to be. Her gaze shifted from Midas to Seele,  then rested on Ro,  a slight smile upon her lips. 

@[Delinne]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

Rohesia grudgingly ignored the sire who greeted everyone but her, acting as if she was not important enough to be noticed. Instead she kept her eyes on Seele and listened intently to her instructions. The position that would fit her the best was obviously sleuth, as that is what she had been before. Even though she wanted to change she wasn't quite ready to give up habits she has held close for so many years. "Czarina, I would be ever so humbled to be brought into the ranks of your sleuths." Following Abishia's suite, she offered, "And to perform any other task you may find fit for me as well." She lowered her nose slightly.

She was tempted to step away when Abishia nudged her shoulder but instead she returned the smile. She was part of her new family. She looked around at all the horses before her, even the Pegasus she had been instantly irritated with. She would be among their midst for, hopefully, a very long time. Her best bet would be to befriend the higher-ups as quickly as possible. Hiding her irritation, she turned to the sire. "I guess you did not hear my name. I am Rohesia. It is my honor to meet to." Her nose turned down only slightly less than it did for Seele for whom which she currently had more respect.

OOC: I tried to cram this in before PT, sorry it is rushed.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Break apart the letters and read between the lines</style>

With pleasantries quickly ushered aside, Seele explained the expectations of our herd. The two newblood’s answered readily enough with a clear idea of what area they wished to pursue. One had the desire to explore the arts of magic and crafting, the other aspired to try her hoof toward becoming a spy. Both occupations would serve our family, “I have no objections.” Gaze flickered momentarily toward Seele, respectfully waiting for a mutual agreement. “Abishia,” attention shifted to the painted woman child, “Seek out Elsa or Cashmere once thee is settled. They will help get ye started in tasks that require a Crafter.”

Only time would tell how these two filled their positions and climbed the ranks. Far too often I’d seen herdmates use clans as a halfway house—resting and eating till their stomachs burst with enjoyment, then fleeing at the first sign of trouble. So few actually stood the test of time when loyalty became strained. A herd took all sorts to run smoothly, even the crazies had their place in the world. I smiled easily at the group, allowing myself to enjoy the company of those who wouldn’t bite with their cool dark eyes—perhaps having a few sane folk around would ease the hearts of those who were plagued with problems. Lord knew that we needed a little sanity in our life, or at least, in mine. “Come further in dear sisters, rest from your journey and seek out the comforts of home.” Painted limbs shuffled my stout frame aside for them to start trailing inward.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]