the Rift

[OPEN] we'll never crash and burn | Rohesia, Abishia, herd
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Break apart the letters and read between the lines</style>

Travelers had been coming in at a steady pace, my herd was kept busy and a certain few caught attention by going that extra mile in making sure that tasks were completed. I stood upon the lip of a great cliff, the cold echoes of water no longer sounded like the roar of a dragon, instead it slipped over the falls in a nearly mute hum that had turned into an unnoticeable backdrop noise. Was my mind so keen on abandoning the fruits of a desert home for the sake of this forest paradise? Nay, though all things were forced to adapt, or they die—Earth must have known this, or at least sensed the growth.

Seele had greeted our latest harvest; I watched them from this height, unnoticed and likely unseen. Wings slipped from my barrel, the breeze caught secondary feathers and filled them. It was impossible for a wingless cur to understand true freedom, the passion which came from having a birthright to heaven--surrendering in the purest and most untainted of ways. Each time a Pegasus fell forward from the face of a cliff or dived in the sky, we gambled, throwing our dice into the dirt and praying that the numbers spoke favor into our lives.

Gold littered the rock my feet rested upon, the slithering tendrils of magic slowly vanished from sight as hooves vanished from the cliff. Freefalling I dipped like a soaring bullet, only spreading feathers apart when the ground had been met halfway. Careful angles drifted my body toward the company which stood at our door; honeyed eyes softened and a bright welcoming grin curved the ends of my face. Limps pumped strongly as I neared, backpedaling to ease me into a gentle landing. “Good to see ye, Seele,” crown shifted to her as I drifted closer to the group and sealed feathers back into their sheath. Attention then turned to the newblood and the spy that stood near, “I pray your journey was a pleasant one. Welcome home Delinne and Abishia.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: we'll never crash and burn | Rohesia, Abishia, herd - by Midas - 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM