the Rift

[OPEN] See without seeing; Hear without hearing

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Folding his wings into his compact, muscular frame, the russet and white warrior cast his raptor eyes over the land his hooves had recently touched down upon. Ampere had instructed he should examine this place and that he was to do this with one of his fellow Dragon's Throat inhabitants. Someone named Andromeda? He hadn't heard the name before, nor recalled seeing the mare prior. Having little else to do and patience not one of his strengths today, the stallion had taken to the air, indicating he would meet Andromeda in this Secret Grove - whatever it was.

Idly, the fighter wondered how such places received their names. This lush, shaded, peaceful area was certainly not secret. Before today he had never set foot here, yet it was not hard to find. A nauseatingly thick stench of pheromones permeated the place, this little slice of Helovian heaven obviously where others came to fornicate and birth their spawn, he mused. What sort of plotting could possibly happen here?

Dalibor supposed it would be good to know who was being born, but it was springtime. There would be an explosion of children; there was no way they could keep track of all of them. Illicit love affairs might be useful to know as well, in case such fevered couplings offered an upper hand in the pitched political battle between the lands.

He was unsure. It had been some time since he had been part of a herd, and the pegasus felt as though acclimating to including the needs of the group was happening slowly. Being solitary for as long as he had, it was habit to think of himself and himself only. What the herd needed was something he hadn't considered for...

Well. Since Allana had been taken from him. A frown descended upon his scarred lips and Dalibor found himself gazing at his softly undulating reflection, his hooves having carried him to to edge of the pristine water in this place. She would have loved a place like this, while he would have felt it cliché and kitsch, in a fashion. He had never been one for mainstream displays of affection, or overly romantic venues.

Still. He would have brought her here to see her smile, to watch the joy softly light up her features, make her eyes warm and inviting. To hear and feel the gratitude in her voice and her body, to receive satisfaction in knowing he had made his woman happy.

"I miss you," he murmured, a familiar ache settling in his chest. The faster he left this place, the better. He was supposed to do this with someone else, so he'd best find that mare.

Guess I'm looking for a pegasus... he thought ruefully. With no idea what Andromeda looked like, Dalibor was somewhat at a loss. Maybe he should have been more patient. Ah well. If he didn't find her, he could do this on his own. It wasn't required they were together, though it had been suggested that was preferred.

So he searched.

@[Andromeda]

OOC: I know we don't have to do it together, but I thought it might be nice for Dalibor to meet others, and he'd think Andromeda was pretty :3 Also open to anyone who might feel like interacting with Dalibor.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
daughter of the stars

Wings spread wide, I fly over Helovia, finding my way to the Secret Grove. I have no particular desire to be there - it's a place for lovemaking and I don't currently desire to make any love. But this is not for me to decide. Ampere has commanded that I patrol with some beast named Dalibor. I don't know him, but I will soon. Who am I to refuse one of my queens? It's not too troublesome, but I do wish that they had chosen the nighttime to go out, instead of the day. I don't like the day. The sun beating down on my back, reminding me of my inconsistency in loving the night and the moon, but living in the land of the Sun God. Something I'll never be able to explain, I'm sure.

Below the Secret Grove comes into view, and I come down from the clouds, circling above the tree line in search for the one I am supposed to patrol with. Below me I see a lone stallion by the waterside, a rust colored pegasus. I think I remember something about Dalibor being a pegasus. Well then, this must be him. I delicately lower myself through an opening in the trees, and trot up to him from his right, my hooves gently digging into the slightly muddy ground - fresh rain has made the Earth soft, and my hooves leave imprints. I pull up a couple yards short of him and stand there quietly, waiting for him to respond to my presence. My ears perked forward, my eyes are wide and my body posture indicates I am responsive and listening, waiting to start our patrol.

At first he doesn't seem to notice me, so reluctantly I nicker to him to get his attention, and paw at the ground. I shouldn't need to shout to get someone to look at me, right? Certainly not. In fact, I don't even want to whisper. After my nickering, my lips close again and stay that way.

Walk walk. Talk talk.
OOC: Sorry it's short. I'm still trying to adjust to her .. not liking to talk.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Lost in his thoughts and deep memories, Dalibor didn’t hear anyone descend from the sky, let alone land quietly and softly on the ground. This place, as he was not aware Andromeda had observed, was for lovemaking, and he, too, was not desirous to make any love at the moment. Perhaps ever. He had given his heart to a woman, given it wholly and fully, and in return he had been gifted with twofold pain and loss: not only had his mate been ripped from him, but his child as well.

Dalibor often wondered if it would have been a proud son or a gentle daughter. The fighter side of him told him a son would be best, but his heart longed for a little girl. Something kind and gentle, like Allana had been; something to remove him further from the brutish nature he so easily slipped into. A soft nicker drew him suddenly out of his mental confinement, and Dalibor’s head snapped up, looking to his right. A Pegasus stood there, both dark and light, pelt reminding him of the night sky.

She was quite beautiful, that he could not deny. That she was also quiet very much intrigued him. Women were usually skilled in the art of loquaciousness, but not this one. Was this the woman he was to patrol with? “Andromeda?” he asked, the nature of his thoughts and the serenity of this place tempering his normally gruff tone to a soft rumble. If this was she, the patrol could begin and they could remove themselves from this place sooner rather than later. It dredged up too many memories from the mud they were buried in for Dalibor’s liking.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
daughter of the stars

The stallion was clearly in some sort of reverie that I disturbed him from. His head snaps up and he looks at me. Apparently, I managed to sneak up on him. It makes me giggle a little inside.. That idea that I could sneak up on someone makes me feel kinda happy. Sly little thing, am I? But that's not the reason I am here. His soft voice is pleasing to my ears, and they twitch forward, my eyes lighting up softly as he says my name. Yes, yes I am Andromeda. I bob my head gently, affirming his suspicion that I am she. He knows me... He must be who I am looking for as well. "Dalibor?" I can't lie, the name has a nice ring to it, and a smile appears on my face. I think we'll make a good team, actually. I walk up toward his side and nose forward, urging him to lead on. We should start our patrol now, and make sure to be thorough so we can give a good report to Ampere and Africa. I twitch my shoulders, adjusting my wings comfortably against my sides, and flick my tail back and forth, brushing his hindquarters with it. I look into his golden eyes, telling him with my own that it is time to go.

Though I don't mind the company, I can't say I'd like to stay here long. The sight of other equines together, mating, stirs feelings in me that I'm uncomfortable with, and I don't understand. Maybe what some people call a biological clock? I don't really know what that means, but it leaves my belly uncomfortable and my legs a little shaky. Conflicting feelings.. something that I want, but don't want. There is room in my heart for loved ones... but I would never consider taking just anyone as a mate. It would be someone I was very close to.. someone I love and who loves me. It has to be special, meaningful. What goes on here is the lustful side of what I might desire.. I am not ready to face it. I nicker again, and wonder if Dalibor is more talkative than I am, or if we are both the silent type.

Walk walk. Talk talk.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

The way her eyes lit up and ears flicked forward reminded him of…well. The thoughts were already prominent in his mind and this Pegasus mare was pretty. But the way she quietly claimed his name by saying it was what ensorcelled him.

She had said his name that way too. It hurt, for it to be so similar, but he liked pain. He’d figured that out a long time ago.

Dalibor said nothing as she approached him, watching, cautious, curious. Andromeda said nothing as well, adjusting herself comfortably and flicking her tail. His nerves lit up with absolute fire at the touch of her tail against his skin, not used to such a fleeting and gentle sensation. The fighter’s nostril’s flared and he snorted quietly, meeting her eyes briefly before looking away. She has an effect on him that he doesn’t want to admit and this patrol would make a good distraction.

Though, maybe not, given their damnable location. He had to wonder if this was some sort of irreverent punishment by their immature, lightning-assed leader, and he couldn’t help but voice this. “Seems strange, needing to patrol this place, no?” he inquired, giving a glance to his partner before falling silent as they stalk about. There are others here, but none that he can say he recognizes or could name. Everyone is here to fuck and he really isn’t in the mood for such carnal exploits.

It put him in a dour mood again to wander around this lovey-dovey hellhole with no reason to be there other than orders and no outlet to relieve the stress of being here. Andromeda nickered and drew his attention, his ears curiously perked towards her. “Yes?” he asked, wondering if she saw something or if she needed him for something.

This woman seemed much more silent than others. Dalibor liked that.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Aimlessly trotting through the Grove, She flicked her harks to and fro, trying to locate the source of the voices She had heard only a few moments ago. She thought She had recognized the manlier one, But who knows these days. Every sounds alike and It's too easy to go by ones voice to slap a name onto them. Appearances where much more promising.

She continued, swiveling her lobes and fastening her pace when She tripped over a root, and was sent stumbling around a bend and blindly into a starcrossed meeting. Clumsily, her bodice slammed into that of a winged, roan and white. She snorted, whipping her dome and was sent backwards with frightened, quick steps, to yet again bump into another. She whinnied in surprise, whipping around so She stood between them, her gaze flicking to the man, who She stared at in surprise. Holy shit, It's Dalibor. She snorted again, completely lost for words as She stared at the rude brute She had met in the Threshold, recruiting Rohesia. She then looked to the mare, younger, beautiful. Tall, only a bit taller than herself. By her features, She looked to be about Abi's age. She tipped her dome, then looked back to the boy. "Hello, racist " Her voice was trimmed with heart as She looked down her nose at him, his harsh words replaying in her head.

He doesn't deserve anyone. And I hope to the Gods this beautiful dove doesn't fall for such a menacing boy that is too pathetic to even have the right to right to speak, yet to love. She turned to the grey girl, her white markings providing a beautiful contrast, wings at her sides also. "Why is someone as beautiful as yourself lingering around this, " She looked back to the boy, hurt in her stare. "excuse for a man. "

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
daughter of the stars

Dalibor is indeed silent as I am, though less so. He mistakes my nicker as a request for his attention, when I really wanted to direct him forward. Of course, that's the type of risk you run when you don't want to talk to anyone. We walk forward a few paces, for our patrol - though from what I observed on my way in there seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary. Then again, I had no desire to look too closely. I wonder if Dalibor feels the same way.

A chestnut and ivory painted filly comes stumbling in, like a drunken fool. She barrels into Dalibor next to me. Intentionally or accidentally I have no idea. I try to take a step back, but it doesn't do me any good as the younger one slams into me, too. I grunt and take a few steps back to steady myself, tossing my head up in the air as the steadiness of the moment - and my steadiness on my feet - is disturbed. How rude.... I settle myself again and take a good look at this newcomer. She seems younger than me, and clearly more hot-tempered as she quickly lashes out, fork-tongued, at the roan stallion next to me. I listen with one ear while I pin the other back. What is this hostile attitude that seems to come from nowhere? I stomp a hoof and snort in annoyance. Besides her greeting to him, she nearly ignores Dalibor. Instead, she's talking to me. Though I'm loathe to speak out loud to someone so aggressive, it's clearly necessary. "We are.. of the same herd and.. exploring." It occurs to me that maybe I shouldn't announce that we are patrolling for Ampere and Africa. Maybe that is something only herd members are privy to, and as far as I know (though I know little of the matter), this filly is not of the herd. "There is no reason for such agitation, is there?" That's right Andromeda, keep the peace. Keeep the peace.

Walk walk. Talk talk.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Andromeda didn't respond to his questioning, and he wondered if she, like the others, didn't like him already. The soldier wouldn't have been surprised, though he likely would have been disappointed. This woman was one he felt he might be able to get along with, if the circumstances allowed.

If he didn't fuck it up like he usually did.

And suddenly, there came the crashing of a body through the brush and the snapping of twigs, and the infuriating anger that coursed through him when he was ricocheted into by some damn fool...

Then he saw who the damn fool was and his anger turned to a hate as cold as the seventh circle of hell.

This little bitch, this little self-righteous, simpering quim was daring to risk insulting him again? She hadn't the slighest inkling of the things he wished to do to her. Dalibor wanted to break her and do it slowly, watch at the fight left her eyes and the terror set in, see the very moment when she realized she was utterly at his mercy and there was nothing she could do to avoid the pain.

The rage he felt inside was an utterly consuming, fiery black hole - then it was nothing. He felt nothing. The bitch with the fake horn asked why someone as beautiful as Andromeda was hanging around him and the question, as much as it wounded him, was legitimate.

Why was Andromeda staying near him? The logical answer was that they were required to patrol here. And that was what the mare answered. A grim sort of smile that looked more like a grimace of pain flickered over his dark lips, figuring that if it were not required of the beautiful starry mare, she would not be here with him. Here with someone else, perhaps, but not him.

This place was for lovers, for gentleness, for soft words and touches. Dalibor had forgotten how to do those things long ago and didn't believe he could remember. With a voice as flat and devoid of emotion as a barren tundra plain, he replied to the pathetic thing that had even less of a reason to be in this place than he and his patrol partner.

"Why don't you run along and irreverently harass someone else?" he merely asked, staring at the mare with the glass horn, eyes dead. The soldier just wanted to be left alone. It was apparent he could not enjoy much of life anymore, so if it could at least simply be void of anything, that would be preferable. Void, at the very least of this fucking mare in front of him.

He turned his gaze to the much prettier mare that was of his kind, beginning to walk on again. "We should continue," he murmured.

@[Andromeda]
@[Abishia]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts