the Rift

[OPEN] Sleepwalking [Delinne]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
"Yes, I had." I gave up a sigh and looked to the ground, trying to ignore the ache in my heart. When the pegasus asked why - why I wasn't racist - I looked into his eyes for one short second, then my gaze fell on the ground. "I was actually raised to believe that unicorns were superior, but since the stallions who taught me that also abused me, I didn't pay attention. I never listened to them and they abused me even more for that. I find the unicorns to be most racist, that's true, but I am not one of them. I have never been even if I do have several excuses to." Another sigh. I looked up, merely glancing at the peg before my gaze turned away.
"Azzaron was.. Unique. He took me with storm, took care of me, showed me love that I hadn't felt since I was a filly... I.. I never had an excuse to be racist with him. So I never was." A tear rolled down my cheek and my chest hurt even more with every word.

"He even gave me two children before he passed away. One unipeg filly and her little brother, who is a unicorn. None of them are racist, thank the Gods." A small smile appeared on my lips for a few seconds before I continued. "I blame the Basin for his death, but also the Darkness. If they hadn't stolen him away from me... If only he had stayed with me.." My voice cut off but I swallowed and continued. "Perhaps he would've been alive now. Perhaps... I wouldn't have seen him die of malnutrition right in front of me." The sight of Azzaron before he died was something I would never forget. His unseeing eyes, plucked wings and dirty coat with poking bones was not how I wanted to remember him. I remembered my scream after he had died, my flaming son and paralyzed daughter who stared at him. I turned my right ear back, ruffling his feathers as another tear rolled down my cheek. "He was someone who I will never regret and never forget." I took a deep breath and felt the familiar lump in my throat, the lump that had been there way too many times.

"My kids remind me of him every day. They have so many features from him and it hurts to see them." My eyed sought contact with the stallion's for the first time in a while. "I wish that I had been the one who had died instead of him. I deserve it more, because Azzaron just wanted to be left alone and happy... I should've died, not him." The last sentence was more of a mumble and once again I looked away. I hated my life, yet I loved it. Why?

"Talking."
Delinne's thoughts.
Dezba's thoughts.

ooc: -
word count: 470
tags: @[Dalibor]

You're never alone in the dark.

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-13-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-13-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-20-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-12-2014, 08:18 AM