the Rift

[OPEN] Sleepwalking [Delinne]

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Dalibor listened as the horned female spoke, the effusion of words pouring forth from her mouth due to a single question unsurprising to him. This was why he didn’t speak with women that much – at least not when he was the only one they could talk at.

Because really that’s what this was. Being talked at.

Dalibor was unaffected by her tears. Still, her talk of children moved something in his chest and the brute swallowed, feeling a thick lump forming in his throat. “I might have had two children by now. The first was murdered when my mate was murdered.” His smile was dark and bitter. “Paladin the Valiant. You know that’s what they called the bastard who murdered my family?” he spat. “I guess it’s not all that surprising we elevate our worst. This world’s twisted enough.”

“I feel the same about Allana – my mate,” he murmured when Delinne claimed Azzaron would be someone she would never regret or forget. He could not regret loving that woman, gentle and soft and perfect as she was, nor could he forget her and how she had made him feel like a whole being for once in his life. Maybe he had it easier, not having a child to remind him daily of the woman he’d lost. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise. He didn’t know.

It didn’t seem it. He’d loved that child as much as he’d loved anything and he’d never even gotten to meet the little one.

Dalibor’s eyes were not empty, but they reflected only what Delinne chose to show; his hawkish orbs were like a tightly locked box gilded in highly polished gold – alluring, beautiful even, but cold and inorganic. Expressing depth of emotion to another was once again a thing he’d become unable to do regularly, if at all. “No,” he said simply, letting that hang there for a moment. “You are a fighter. That is why you lived. You should not regret that.” He broke their gaze, not wanting to be honest and look into her eyes at the same time. “There were many days where I wished the same thing. Allana fought for it, fought every moment for it, and she died anyway. Why should I live, when she could have replaced me with a beautiful little life?” His expression was grim. “Still don’t have an answer. But I know that if I regret my own life, then I devalue her memory because I am devaluing my existence. She didn’t get to live, but I can…honor her, maybe, by refusing to give up.”

The warrior shrugged, glancing up at Delinne once more, seeing the feathers in her mane she’d moved earlier and figuring they must have been from her mate. He’d had no opportunity to take something from Allana’s corpse. Just as well. Keeping a physical piece of her might have been too much for him to bear.

@[Delinne]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-13-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-13-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-20-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-12-2014, 08:18 AM