the Rift

[OPEN] When it all comes down

Oberon2 Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

They tell us that when we die our lives flash before our eyes, the totality of a lifetime shown in a collage of memories confined within seconds. But what if you were to lose the most defining images? What if, you were to wake up and all you felt is the tingling sensation of the importance of what you have forgotten, but cannot recall. Is this the definition of insanity?

All of it has flushed over me with an entire new meaning, a newfound importance. You know what I find amusing? I cannot even remember if it was worth dying for. Would they gaze upon my footprints in the sand with the knowledge of my existence? Ultimately, we seem to be the architects in the downfall of our own selves. For is it not droll how reminiscences no longer existent once owned the capability of abolishing an entire being?

Thoughts are a funny thing; they seem to come when you need it the least, wrapping its vile fingers of panic and anger. I never used to be much of a person of thoughts to be honest, maybe I ought to try it out once. You know, now had been a more excellent time than ever for an ironic chuckle, what a bloody shame ..

It is laughable, really, the fragility of our realities confinement. If I happened to die at this instant, what then? I know stories commonly start from the beginning, but this one is not quite that simple. Let us take it from the end.

OOC || Suffering from amnesia, severe battle wounds and is currently unconscious, all of this is going on inside his head. Short healing thread? Located on the edge of Hidden Falls. @[Kiara]

Image credits

Dsiox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dsiox
;

Head held high, and wisps of wind blowing though her mane Dsiox stood at the edge of the Hidden Falls. This place that she now called home. It was a queer feeling...but one that she liked.

She turned her delicate dappled neck to look at her surroundings, gazing into the lush green grass within. Craning her head back the other direction, towards the exit, she saw a dark patch in the grass. It almost looked like a dark rock...only what was that? She thought she saw it stir. Her half closed-orbs squinted to look closer. She pressed her neck as far as she could to perhaps get a clearer view. Oh my! She clearly saw something moving, even if faint.

Immediately she trotted over to see whatever creature it was, for this was certainly a strange place to decide to take a nap. When she finally stood next to the beast she saw that it was a horse, or what was left of one.

With the tip of her nose, soft and light, she nudged it's face. "H...h...hello?" She asked in her small sing-song voice, though now it dripped with the dissonance of sadness. She wasn't used to sadness. Spiders rimmed the corners of her eyes and bugs started to gather around her feet, toppling over one another and trying to get at her legs. A black thick snake wrapped around her back hind leg, constricting it every time she moved. Her little egg shivered beside her and tried to hide in her non-existent mane.

Once again she nudged the dark thing. Willing it to wake.

[OOC: sorry for the short reply!]

text text text  
"blah blah blah."
dsiox's hallucinations