the Rift

[PRIVATE] What have I done now?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia raised a brow at her sister's apology and snorted, shaking her head. The Grey had been good for her and bad for her at the same time. Now, she knew how to shut off her feelings and her emotions to act without fear of emotional injury stopping her body. She had learned how to gain another's trust, care for a her, and even how to better defend herself. But, she had also learned just how much she enjoyed the violence, manipulating and playing at the herds, hurting one to gain trust with another. Ophelia did not enjoy that side of herself. Being a spy meant having powerful knowledge, and then having the power to rule on top of that made her euphorically invisible.

Constantly facing that temptation and responsibility had worn her down. "I do not blame you," she said quietly. "I started life in the Dragon's Throat as a spy," she snorted in amusement, smiling wryly. "I was not better off being who I was before, and I learned about myself with the Grey. But, I cannot experience that temptation again. So easily I can be swayed to shut off my emotions and play with others is if they were children's toys. I was not proud to find that I am manipulative." Ophelia sighed and shook her head. "Father blames both of us equally. I believe he saw us going down the same path as Psyche and Giselle. How could he not, given that we were making deals with the Jackal?"

When Ktulu began speaking about the new leaders of the Edge, Ophelia frowned, her expression tight. She did not recognize the names. Her sister's words made her chuckle lightly, and she could tell that the violent mare possibly thought them too soft for their own good. "I am guessing they do not have a standing army or spies worth their own weight?" she snorted in amusement, eyes glinting with dangerous humor. Ophelia was beautiful, delicate, but quite dangerous in her own way. She remembered everything, and her soft mannerisms were incredibly disarming.

"Do they know about... you? And the Grey?" she asked curiously. She did not think Ktulu was dishonest, but Ophelia would find it interesting if she had told them and if she did not tell them. Or, did they know? Unfortunately, Ophelia had left Ktulu with a contract to fulfill, and she still felt immeasurable guilt over that betrayal. The pale princess would need feel a flicker of anger if Ktulu had blamed it all on her, as she deserved it and it was true.

Opheila frowned at Ktulu's question and hummed thoughtfully. "I... would, if my memories would not over power you and if I was able," she finally said honestly. "But I worry at another mind's capability to handle the detail."

Phi looked to her sister then and smiled. "If you need to return home, return home in peace sister. Perhaps I will visit you soon, and if not, meet me in the Deep Forest some time?"

All that's waiting is regret
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Ali

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM