Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
The Stormbringer
Kahlua
The Sunshower

Golden smile tugs at his lips as her kind-hearted nature shines through, reminding him that he is mortal just like the rest of them, and grateful that she seems to be aware of that fact. The ache of exhaustion is lessened, but it is time for his attention to be devoted to the petite fae standing before him, so similar to the mare he loved so hopelessly that it hurts his heart. "You are far too kind, Alysanne, but you have my thanks." A regal sweep of his crown accompanies the smile that ties simply to his words, though he too is soon adopting a look of a more serious nature as her features become troubled. Was something wrong? Her call had not been anxious in the slightest, so it could not be an emergency, but he worried for her anew all the same.

"I do – that is, if you have some time to spare."

Kaj shook his head gently to wave away her concern, smile returning in hopes of setting her worried mind at ease. "I always have time for helping, miss Alysanne. Your concerns are just as important as any duties I may have." Kaj would not set aside the feelings of his people for favor of rigid menial tasks. That was not leading, it was dictating, and Kaj knew the bitterness of a bowed head and lashed back. So he awaited her soft words patiently, content to stand beneath skies painted a gray like tainted silver linings with her at his side. Alysanne was great company, and he would never regret bestowing upon her the title she bore with grace. She did well for their herd, and he suspected she would mother them all regardless of her status in the ranks.

Surprise widened pale blues, though it was pleasantly so. Her nervousness was understandable, Kaj did not judge her for her anxieties over something so brutal and foreign to her. Gaze softened and he extended his muzzle towards his fellow flighted sister, a silent desire expressed for a companionable touch. "It pleases me beyond measure that you desire to learn, and I would be honored to be the one to begin your tutelage." He lets the words hang, serious and sincere, between them. She could have gone to any of the skilled warriors, the Captains, but instead she had approached him. He commended her bravery and her initiative.

"It is hard to speak of such lessons...it is a technique learned through the body, not the mind. Dearest Alysanne, would you perhaps be interested in sparring with me? We may go as slow as you desire, and I will talk you through it, I assure. Your comfort levels must be pushed, but I will not tread on ground you deign forbidden," he spoke smoothly, eyes moving to gaze sincerely into her own. He would handle her with care, would barely place his blows upon her precious hide if he could so prevent it. Kaj was to be a teacher, a mentor, not an abuser. She would draw her boundaries and he would work within them, pushing them only where she needed to be urged, and he could make her a beautiful defender yet.

@[Alysanne]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Kaj - 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Kaj - 05-12-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 05-20-2014, 11:53 AM