the Rift

[OPEN] Meet The Family[Joining]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

Déodat

Déodat had retrieved his bonded before beginning the journey back to the Basin with the new recruit. During the journey, he gave as much knowledge as he had about the land of Helovia and the Basin itself. A newcomer to the herd had put him into an exceptionally good mood, which melted away his usual frown. Most that knew the Blood Prince may find such a light mood peculiar with his usual solemn and often solitary behavior. Life consisted almost solely of patrols, eating, drinking, and tending to Odette the past few weeks. For once he could say it was good to be with company, especially with company that held potential for the future.

“We’re almost there,” Déodat said as he saw the familiar archway entrance to the Basin. He took in a deep breath of the familiar scent of home. No place could quite compare to the Basin, this would be the only place he could call home. Here was his kin, the crowned with a like mind and mutual goal, domination of the rats. “Lady Illynx or Lord Deimos will most likely greet us and give you a formal acceptance, I will say Illynx is the most likely to greet us.” The Blood Prince surely hoped that was the case, this mare seemed innocent and the Reaper King had an undeniable intimidation factor to him. One had to be truly menacing to be a lord over the bloodthirsty unicorns, and Déodat saw few who would fit the title of lord over the Basin.

As he passed into the Basin he glanced between the two sentinels, unsure if either of them would react to the presence of a stranger. He wasn’t even quite aware if either were working yet as he hadn’t witnessed the Engineer bring the machines to life. That mattered little for the moment. Déodat whinnied, alerting others of his presence and he hoped to lure the leaders toward them.

@[Esther]

talk talk talk

[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

The walk here had been an uneventful one. Mostly filled with information about Helovia and the surrounding herds. The Basin seemed to be the only one who only accepted the crowned. I rather like that name for us. The crowned. Even now I feel special thinking about that name. Even if I was just going to be a lowly citizen at first, until I find where I fit in. A part of me wishes to join Dèodat as a fighter, because I long to be able to defend myself without a doubt. But another part of me wants to know more than he knows of Helovia. To speak with these Gods he has spoken of.

“We’re almost there,” His voice breaks into my thoughts. My aqua blue eyes look ahead to a frozen archway. As the handsome corporal took a deep breath so did I. The air was crisp, clean, and cold. So this is what I would now smell of to others. It was how Dèodat had smelled when I first met him. Oh how I hope someone will let me stay. “Lady Illynx or Lord Deimos will most likely greet us and give you a formal acceptance, I will say Illynx is the most likely to greet us.” I hope they come quickly. I have longed for somewhere to belong my entire life. Now finally I was getting my chance to prove my worth to a herd. Mother had never taken us to a herd, but I had met other mares like us.

I stop short, curious of the strange metal looking creatures that seemed to be standing guard. Slowly I moved towards the one of the right, my ears pricked forward. "What are these strange things?" I stopped a few feet away from the metal thing. What a strange thing to be out here in the middle of no where. Even stranger to me is that there is not only one, but two!

"blah blah blah."

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She breaks through the trees that line the vale’s southwestern point, body held gracefully and her armor gleaming in the spring sunlight, golden legs dipping in and out of the growing grasses and wildflowers as she jogs her patrol route. The season after the disaster of Frostfall is quiet and peaceful, droll and languid, and while she mildly appreciates the change of pace from the chaos of before, she would much rather have something more fun to do than mine and trot along the boundaries of the Basin.

The dust of her labor lays on her from her early morning endeavors to crack stone and relinquish the metals beneath, slightly drained from her magical exertions and not utilizing her patrol path for physical training purposes as she might have on other days, simply floating along at her easy trot with black tail streaming along behind her, golden eyes lighting up as she spies the Corporal and a face she has not seen before fringing the gateway.

Moving towards them at her easy pace, she arrives with a smile on her face, long tail wrapping about her hinds as she stills her motion and a courteous nod delivered to them both. The female who has come with Deodat has asked a question as Illynx enters their fold, eyes searching the colossus that guards the doorway into their home, but for the time, she only has eyes of scrutiny while the stranger floats about in her wonderment. She is large and bay, marked with blue and crowned with a chocolate and azurite streaked horn, and at first glances, Illynx sizes her up as a soldier, her weight well suited to line the front assault to break apart the form of the enemy force, but there is also something innocent that radiates about her, reminding her of Zima or Tangere; both of those women had sought the path of healing over the one of violence.

It was a shame, really. Illynx had more uses for swords than flowers.

"They’re guards," she says, answering the woman’s question within a few seconds of arriving despite all her mental ponderances, "this one is only a shell." She giggles, a tinkling merry sound as she hits lightly on its side with her horn, drawing a boooong from the empty bronze of the left statue before turning to the right, creating a much more solid sounding biing. Her smile flickers light and playful on her lips, almost as if a butterfly twitching about her muzzle, as she returns her full focus to the duo.

"Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I am Illynx, Lady of the Mountain."

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Déodat

Esther managed to keep up with him, and Déodat found himself already growing fond of the girl. She was a tad naïve, but innocence could be cured easily with a bit of experience and training. Her mind was impressionable and with the right words the Blood Prince believed he could make a deadly member of the Plague. A question passed from her lips and before he could answer the golden queen approached. Déodat dipped his head in greeting to the mare. It should be expected by now that this mare would be the one to accept the recruits, Deimos never gave him the friendly greeting committee type. Besides, the Reaper King’s air was a tad bit more menacing than one would hope and he may have scared some of their newcomers off.

“This is Esther,” Déodat said gesturing to the mare with his head. There was no need to state precisely why she was here, the queen would be wise enough to know why. “I have confidence that this one will serve us well Lady Illynx.” For a split second the frown etched onto his face shifted into the tiniest devious smile. He turned his head towards Esther, maybe he could lure the mare onto the path of war for so few walked this path and Déodat knew anyone could be refined into a deadly weapon. “There are many paths you can take here, we have various jobs that need to be done. I’d be more than happy to take you on as a soldier, and I can’t speak for General Torleik, but I’m sure he’d be glad to have you as well.”

[ @[Esther]
Let me know if you don't wish to be tagged]

talk talk talk

con by aihnna@dA

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

"They’re guards, this one is only a shell." I turned to see who had spoken. She was almost the same hue as my own coat, maybe a bit lighter and dusted with gold instead of my blue markings. I am also a bit taller than the Lady of the Basin. I could not help but giggle as well at the difference between the sounds the guards made. I immediately lower my head as a sign of respect as Dèodat introduces me to Illnyx. So this was the lead I would need to impress to gain my home. “I have confidence that this one will serve us well Lady Illynx.” He has confidence in me? Well, confidence that I will serve their home. Either way, it still means someone believes in me.

However the next words surprised me a great deal. “There are many paths you can take here, we have various jobs that need to be done. I’d be more than happy to take you on as a soldier, and I can’t speak for General Torleik, but I’m sure he’d be glad to have you as well.” He began to speak of different paths among those who called the Basin home! Did this mean I was going to be allowed to stay? My eyes lit up happily. "I would love to learn more about fighting and protecting the place I hope to call home." Here I paused for only a moment before finishing my thought. "I would also love to learn more about Helovia as a whole. It is all very different from where I come from." I took a deep breath before finishing my thoughts. "However I will go wherever you feel I will excel best." There. The choice of my placement was now entirely in their hooves.

"blah blah blah."

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She nods to Deodat’s words, trusting the Corporal’s ability to judge character well enough to know if someone could serve a purpose, and by the slight smirk to his friendly face, she believes she knows how he is going to try and mold this one. Her smile gains brightness in light of this, a fine thing to hear on such a day, that she will not only be given another body to place between herself and the army sure to one day knock on her door but also a soldier to give cause for said army to arrive.

It’s not that she really wants them to come; she just knows they will. Too many are the fools who cannot see the truth in their path, and there will come a time when those who will not bow to her will be mown down, as if gnats caught in the leaping arms of a fire.

Hadn’t she come into her crown during such a situation?

She listens quietly to the words that slip between the two others present, taking note as Deodat has that this one, while pretty and wearing a suitable tiara, has a head full of starlight and butterfly farts. She marks it off as only a vague disadvantage on the herd’s behalf; she is at least a clean slate, someone that can molded into whatever use best suits her and the people, and all it will take to remove that dreamy smile from her face is to show her what power she holds, how it can be used to oppress those less worthy than she of their lives.

"I was born in the World’s Edge, not far west of here, and so I can tell you some of what you might want to know of my decade here," she offers, "you might also ask Lena, our Time Mender, or the former Haruspex Huyana; d'Artagnan, the Good Doctor, might you find whatever hole he is hiding in, may also be of service to your quest. All other things the land should teach you over time or you were never meant to learn them."

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Déodat

Déodat listened intently to both mares as they spoke, content to simply listen. The mare Esther expressed interest in the art of war, he hoped that was such a case for there was always a need for soldiers. The Blood Prince could carefully craft this mare into a machine of war, destroyer of hornless, all it would take was time, patience, and a very careful influence on the mare’s thoughts and opinions. He wouldn’t need to put into any effort in destroying her innocence, no, the harsh realities of the world around them would cure her of the lie called innocence.

Illynx prattled on about others with their ranks and titles, at the mention of his cousin’s title there was a temptation to chuckle. Déodat wouldn’t label his relative as a ‘good doctor’, moreso grumpy, or stuck with a stick ten feet up his ass. “If medicine interests you, I suggest speaking with Lena. My cousin D’art never has been known for his kindness.” There was good humor lacing his tone, so it was obvious that he had some form of affection for his cousin, after all they were family and Déodat always watched out for his blood.

Odette gently began to yank at his mane, making it quite clear what she desired. He carefully dropped her down onto the ground and watched her toddle off. For a moment he considered letting her go, but he knew there would be duties awaiting him beyond making a newcomer feel comfortable.

“Odette has decided it is time for us to go out and patrol. It’s been a pleasure speaking with both of you, and it has been a pleasure meeting you Esther.” He said dipping his head to them both, “If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I am also open to some friendly spars if you wish to begin training in the art of war.” He then trotted off after his white pup. Company had been nice for the time being, but it was time for him to return to what he did best, work.

talk talk talk
@[Esther] @[Illynx]

con by aihnna@dA