the Rift

[OPEN] Letting Dawn Descend.

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
There wasn't even an inkling of comprehension within the silver child of how her presence influenced the painted stallion beside her. Not a clue of how much her moments of thoughtful deepness made him reminesce upon her mother, comparing the child against the dam. Though it was a favorable comparison, she would have never considered herself as being like her mother. Mirage had always been an ideal of what a girl should become, regal and aloof and mysterious. Always had she strived to be like her mother, like her sister. Hell, even like her father in his calm understanding of his dragon-ness and where his place was. Assets she'd desired, that cool demeanor that quietly demanded respect and attention, that air of control and things unknown.

Even exposure to mares outside her family hadn't dimmed her ideals, not by much. The Wild Rose's blunt frankness and perpetual sparkle of good humor had buffered the silver child against the boistrous cheer and energy of Kimber. In the younger mare she had found something of a playmate, mad races through strange forests and along rocky paths. In kitsune and dragon she'd found ones to indulge in more childish games. But still she'd sought to be like her female relatives, when she'd remembered.

Which she didn't, not right now. Every tiny movement gave away her mood, from the shift of leathery wings to the set of her ears to the twitching of her tail. Tempered delight in being potentially included in crafting experients, contemplative interest upon hearing the descriptions of unknown horses. Amusement expressed in a wrinkle of her nose and a gentle nipping at Dragomir's mane when he dabbled at a joke. Had she known of her father's evaluation that her behavior more closely resembled that of common dragons than of royal, she might have at first been offended. But then she would have remembered glorious afternoons frolicking in snowy fields with the Wild Rose's blue, and admitted that he had a point. But she didn't know, and might never come to that same conclusion for herself.

In the meanwhile, her fierce determination had faded to something a little cooler, resembling more a warm compassion in the wake of her little speech and her friend's short reply. She hoped she was right, too. Being wrong was uncontemplatible, so she pushed the doubts away. Would have laughed if she'd known that her friend considered her so very much younger than himself.

Instead, she pursued a simple joy. "Will you run with me?" She asked gently, reaching out to lip at the ends of his mane, absently trying to give him the space he seemed to need at time, yet satisfy her own need for contact at the same time. "I promise not to cheat." Golden eyes glittered with quiet humor as she swayed her tail toward his haunch and shuffled her wings more comfortably against her sides. "But I'll admit to be a bit impatient to get home. If you hadn't found me, I probably would have flown. But I don't want to leave you behind like that, it'd be rude." In her own away she was offering him a chance to forget his dark thoughts in the rush of racing across the meadows in the changing light, trying to cheer him up without knowing what questions to ask to make him lighten up.

Messages In This Thread
Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Semira - 04-16-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Semira - 04-18-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Semira - 04-22-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Semira - 04-24-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 04-27-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Semira - 04-28-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Letting Dawn Descend. - by Dragomir - 05-01-2014, 10:10 AM