the Rift

[PRIVATE] puzzle pieces scattered across my bones

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost
Oh how long had it been since he'd ventured into these mountains! The last he'd stood here was when he was with Roux and they'd just been set free from the Worlds Edge to return home. Only, Roux mentioned his uncertainty and stirred thoughts in Sacre that had already been bugging him and soon after, the boy had left. Though he still hadn't managed to settle himself, he felt much more confident that he did almost a year ago from now. Looking upon the Steppe now with eyes of an almost a two year old he felt a shiver of nostalgia, he didn't hate the mountains. They were home, a childhood home. Sacre had a relatively good childhood apart from the odd blip, he had Roux and a herd that looked out for them and even now Sacre couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for simply upping sticks and setting out on his own. The more he thought of why he came here the more he longed for his twins smell and his mothers coat, old enough to at least stand by himself and fend for himself along with Inari, but not old enough to forget what was precious to him. That was something Sacre would never forget. He would love his family forever and under any condition as was the way of life.

"Roux." He said quietly to himself, as if the red colt was stood right next to him. "Where are you? Are you happy? Do you miss me?" He asked of the snow, the mountains, the startled hare that scurried away and the sky. Finally, he sighed and moved on, Inari shifted on his rump as he awoke from a slumber and scented the air. Yap!

Stop.

Sacre looked out across the vast expanse of melting snow, drifting to the icy archway and to the moving figure. He began to cautiously walk closer, trying to see who it was or if it was a stranger as he did so. A unicorn around the same height as himself, she was a pale colour and the blue hint to her horn was familiar. It wasn't until he saw the marking upon her rump that he recognized her. Sikeax! He stopped suddenly in shock, the last time he'd seen her was when she'd been a walking corpse that had turned cousin Deodat onto their side with Crake as an ally. Yet, now she appeared perfectly normal and how he remembered meeting her the very first time, in not quite a bit taller as she grew in months.

The boy began to slowly walk towards the archway as she falls, uncertainty etched into his gaze. "Sikeax?" Inari slowly and carefully jumped down from his rump to stare at the girl who was a stranger to him.

@[Sikeax] [ooc; would you like to be tagged? :3]
sydna

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: puzzle pieces scattered across my bones - by Sacre - 04-17-2014, 10:04 AM