the Rift

[OPEN] she'll raise you right, child (anyone!)

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I've just birthed two foals, yes. I am beyond tired, but I won't slack off onc being a mom. Slaking is not one of my traits, and I won't try to make it one of them. I like myself just as I am. The birthing of my children Ryuu and Fae made me look at the world differently. I know now that my bottom half can be used for a lot more than emptying my bladder. I haven't changed that much, though.

I am ripped violently from my thoughts when I hear the alto wail of my daughter, Fae. She is squeeling not exactly from pain, but rather a childish joy. She is basically prancing circles around me. She has just seen another large chunk of glass she gets to trot over like a pole laid flat on the ground. Shilva, crawling rebelliously on the floor, now refuses to hop up onto my head and just enjoy the ride. She actually likes to crawl. I guess I won't refuse her of crawling, plus it gives my neck and head a break from the extra weight. The snake hisses at Fae, as if telling her to calm down. Immediately, my ears pin and I give the snake a stern look she awkwardly tries to avoid by turning her copper head away. "Shilva, tolerate it, or I won't hesitate to find a babysitter for you." She stares at me in awe, her beady eyes fixated on my ivory pupils. Walking excitedly behind us, Fae just watches. My expression turns to normal and I look straight ahead.

Fae starts to slow down, so I turn to look at her. "Mommy, I no feel nice." I halt, a worried expression plastered on my face. Does she want to be with Ryuu in the center of the land enough that she'd make excuses? Ryuu... he's with the herd, being baby sat by a few herd mates. Fae didn't eant to leave him, so she's likely trying to make up an excuse.

At least that's how it registers in my mind.

My lips part as I look at my dark colored foal. "A few minutes for a break, but we must continue our journey. The Dragon's Throat is extremely dark at night." I nod at her, as if proving I am serious about everything that has just been said. The little girl slows even further and then halts. She relaxes her wings at her sides and I get an idea. "Do you know how to flap your wings?" I am answered by an intrigued expression and a shake of her little foal head. "Or really...? Go like this." I am aware the girl cannot fly yet, for her wings are small and dainty as of this moment, but that doesn't mean she'll never fly.

I stretch m large wings out and start moving them up and down, up and down. I smile and nicker softly at Fae, and when I do, she starts bating her wings up and down. When her wings pick up enough speed, something starts to turn orange and glow underneath her wings. I am shocked and my mouth drops into an 'o' shape. At this moment, Shilva slithers off, slightly confused and annoyed with me and Fae. The snake doesn't really care about for magic, but I do. "Fae! Fae, you have fire magic, darling!" I prance towards her with a large grin spread across my face. I feel the heat and know that she is now equipped for being a horse of battle, but of course... she can be whatever she wants.

I allow her to stop flapping, so we stand there... two horses dumbfounded. "Can I hurt someone with that?" Her innocent voice reminds me of myself not that long ago. Then it all dawns on me. I am still like that. Afterall, I am still a child. I am a child raising two children and a rebellious snake. All of this while trying to become the World's Edge Philosopher. That is why we are going to the Dragon's Throat....

So Africa can raise Fae.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Restless and unable to settle the white mare finds herself needing to do something other than just stand in one place attempting to let sleep find her. Stretching with a slight huff of annoyance to the whole birdsong season she flashes her tail trying to shake off the feeling. Why did this have to happen twice every year she grumbled under her breath to no one in particular, not that there was anyone around to hear her anyway. Not having all too many friends here in Helovia made it lonely at times especially on the long nights where sleep tended to evade her every attempt. Well she might as well go for a walk or something to pass the time she thinks to herself as she sets out with no path in mind. Wherever the direction took her is where she would be going, getting back may be an entirely different story but she would eventually figure it out.

Tossing her head skyward she pushed her thin frame forward into a lengthy trot thinking that maybe it would help get rid of any excess energy. Moving along at her own pace gave her lots of time to let her mind run freely over the happenings of the last couple days. Her encounter with the black stallion and the Pegasus stud topped the list of events fresh in her thoughts, what would come of it if anything? With the way she was feeling she highly doubted anything had come of the event but then again there was always the off chance. Who was she kidding? There was no way that she would ever be so fortunate after everything that had been done to her in the past. Sighing she could at least be fortunate for the healing that had taken place to her mental capacity, the black stud had shown her that not all males were such monsters.

Inhaling a breath of air a strange scent caught her attention peaking her curiosity. The smell was vaguely familiar but she could not place from where she remembered it. Slowing her pace considerably she decided to let her curiosity get the better of her again and find out where the smell was coming from. Lowering her head she took another deep breath to find that she was definitely on the right track, it was getting stronger and more saturated.

Gazing around with curiosity her blue eyes focused on movement up ahead causing her movement to still. Red sparks seemed to fly up from something making her rather uneasy and unsure about approaching but swallowing her fear she urged herself forward cautiously. Wait..Aurelia? The familiar scent finally clicked as sure enough Aurelia came into focus with what she now knew was her foal. She recognized the scent of a newborn, that’s why she couldn't place it before. The last time she had come across it was when she had lost her own baby. Feeling her heart twist painfully she couldn't help but watch the twins as they interacted with their mother.

There was no turning back now, she was within sight of the small family and turning away would just be rude. The least she could do was congratulate the mare on her lovely twins. A soft whinny escaped her lips as she forced a smile upon her face, this was not going to be easy for her but it was something she needed to do.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Aurelia]
WORDS: 527
NOTES: Sorry not the best post, hope you don't mind me dropping in.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

baylee
ooc:; only faeanne is here, not ryuu! XD @[Faeanne], this is a highly important thread because this is when she will officially become an outcast then be switched over to throat filly when we post there!

It's not surprising to me who shows up. It's the frosty mare that attempted to wrap herself around Draeseong's heart. Well, too bad for her, because Drae is missing in action (maybe he is on a quest from Kahlua and Kaj?). I have noticed her already, for a white coat stands out in a background of green. My gaze is pinned on her as she screams her whinny. Her voice, to me, is like an urgent sirens demanding attention in every way it can get it.

Soon after the noise of her thick siren echoes in the distance then disappears as quickly as it came, a smile is brought upon her inky lips. I chuckle softly. Who does she think she is fooling? A faked smile isn't pretty. This mare is not an exception to this law. She isn't pretty when she smiles like this. I smile back, but mine is a more sarcastic, mocking, smile. The tips of my mouth curly upwards crookedly, almost exposing my white teeth. "Brisa" I greet her formally, there is no rudeness in my voice. I step towards her, closing the distance between us. I know her name is Brisa, because Kahlua had told me so, and rulers are usually right, and if they aren't... you pretend they are. "You look well, if I may say." How will Fae react to this stranger? Will she be scared of her bland appearance or intrigued by it? Is Brisa going to be enormously tall and scary to her? I hold back the laughter I feel when thinking about Brisa attempting to be scary. I think she is incapable of it.

Her heart is far to red with romance to be blue with coldness.

Unlike me. I am sour, sweet, spicy, and salty. I'm a feral horse, not a horse that gives free kiddy-rides. No, I'm the bronco that shoots riders off of my withers and gallops around the tiny round pen causing trouble for all who dare to attempt to tame me. I'm fucking un-tamable, and everyone may see that as they get to know me. "This is my daughter, Faeanne. My son, Ryuu, is in the middle of this land, being taken care of by a few herd members." I do not know why I offered her a long explanation, but it seemed right to do so. Yup, answering questions before they are asked.

As she walks forward a little hesitantly she is unsure what she will say to the mare and her new filly, it has been so long since she has been around any young foals. The last time would have been over a year ago when she had lost her own baby, swallowing the lump in her throat she manages to beat down the pain the memory causes. No she cannot deal with that coming back to the surface again, she will not allow it. She is stronger now, she can manage.

Her blue orbs gaze over to meet Aurelia's briefly as she listens to the mare speak of her daughter. The love for her child is undeniable, that much was easy to see, it was in her voice and in her eyes when she looks to her filly. It was how she felt once upon a time, at least until it all ended so tragically thanks to the one damned stallion who left them for dead. How she wished that she could find him and put an end to his torment and rage, not that she even stood a chance against him. He was too large for her small frame to handle, her anger only served to spur him onward before, she could only hope that karma would catch up with him someday.

"As do you and your filly. Faeanne is beautiful, I'm sure Ryuu is as well. Congratulations" Her words are sincere as she offers a kind smile to them. In all honesty she doubted that she looked all that well but hey she would accept the compliment, she was always self conscious about her appearance in the face of others. Her scars had faded but in her own eyes they stood out to anyone who dared to look close enough.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Aurelia]
NOTES: whoops sorry XD

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

baylee
"As do you and your filly. Faeanne is beautiful, I'm sure Ryuu is as well. Congratulations" Maybe I am not the biggest fan of the white mare, but this was a nice compliment to hear. Fae is quick to take a liking to this mare and prances towards her in a playful manner. The small foal is lively and energetic right now. She is not that shy around Brisa. Perhaps she thinks Edge Member = Family, and Family = Playmates. The foal's logic is not from me. Perhaps she got it from Rostislav, her sire.

Anyways, Faeanne prances up to her and looks up into her eyes with a doe-eyed expression and speaks. Little Fae speaks. "You're pretty! I wish my coat was white.." Faeanne likes lighter coats better, this is why she says this. You see, Faeanne's coat is smokey black with gold points. Brisa is a stark color. I am a stark color, too. Fae probably wishes she had inherited my coat, but my coat isn't fantastic. It's just unusual.

I speak up with my motherly, sing-song voice. "Thank you Brisa. How have you fared since our meeting at the threshold?" I was almost tempted to ask her if she had seen Draeseong around, but I decided not to ask her. If she did like him (which is what I think) then she might get worried if I tell her he's gone. If my knight in shining armor disappeared.. I know, for a fact, that I would want to search for him. Most mares probably would start the search. Have I found my knight in shining armor?

Who the hell knows?

Brisa offers me a smile. She is kind, I guess, but I don't know if I like her. Honestly, she seems kind of sketchy to me, but then again.. that is just my opinion and in reality, she could be the sweetest person ever. I doubt it, but maybe she is. She at least tried to fake a smile before. That's nice..ish? It's better to fake like someone to make conversation then make things super awkward and silent.

Right?

Lowering her head gently as Faeanne decides to come over she can not say how adorable it all was. The filly was such joy to watch with her bright inquisitive eyes and her fiery personality. Her ice blue orbs gaze back at her as she speaks bringing a smile to her face, it was funny how everyone always seemed to want what they didn't have. Her coat was so plain she often wished that she could have some colour there as well so it wasn't so boring. " You look very pretty with your coat as well. I think it suits you perfectly." She commented with a nod to the young fae.

As Aurelia's voice spoke again she turned her gaze over to her once again mentally cringing from the lyrics. "Thank you Brisa. How have you fared since our meeting at the threshold?" Their meeting in the threshold had been awkward especially considering they were in the company of Draesong, he had been charming she had to admit that much. The thing was he would never have been good for her to become attached to, from the beginning she could sense his confidence and that was one thing that she severely lacked. She wouldn't want to be constantly trying to reassure herself that what she felt was right when he deserved someone much better than her. Once they departed ways she had not seen him since, which was likely for the best given the situation she found herself in now...pregnant.

What she wanted to ask Aurelia was difficult knowing that she wasn't exactly her biggest fan but she had no one else to turn to. Would she just laugh at her.. or would she actually understand where she was coming from? " Things have been.. difficult these last few months." She admitted a little hesitantly trying to figure out how to phrase what she wanted to say next. Aurelia was the only mare she knew that had become a mother, if she knew someone else she would turn to the, but she had no one. "Do you mind if we talk for a couple minutes?" She finally asked softly hoping Aurelia would understand. She needed to ask permission as there were things that she didn't Faeanne needed to hear considering she was so young and so innocent. She did not need to know the horrors of the real world, she deserved to grow up knowing she was safe.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: Aurelia
NOTES: --

baylee
It is silent after I speak. Nothing is said, done, or heard until a minute or two later. Brisa, the mare who probably finds me annoying. The mare who probably should hate me for acting like a filly. The mare who somehow ignores my problems and tries to start again with me. I am the only problem here. I was demanding and short in the Threshold, and it was quite obvious I was grumpy to to everyone.. but me. I am always he exception, the clause. I am that one glitch in an otherwise flawless system. I guess I'll get used to life here at Helovia, but I have yet to even see a sign I'll be okay. The only major sign I've had is giving birth to twins. That wasn't exactly a positive sign, though. I know many mares would've loved to have not one foal, but twins and here I am, saying that is was a negative experience for me.

" Things have been.. difficult these last few months." I sigh softly. I feel her trouble. I feel almost the same difficulties she feels (like with herd things, but personal life problems is probably a different case). "I've had a hard few months, too. Just understand that you aren't alone. Most of the World's Edge members are open and willing to offer you a shoulder to cry on." A trace of a smile darts across my lips. After I finish speaking, she resumes her speech. "Do you mind if we talk for a couple minutes?" Honestly, it feels nice to have a mare want advice from you. I've never been asked for advice. Is she even asking for advice? Helovian horses often through me on a loop before telling me anything. Is that what she is doing?

"I highly doubt I am the most qualified to answer your questions, but shoot." I'd offer her whatever I can, but I have limited experience in everything. The only thing I have knowledge about is ways that water can kill you, but if you ask me what water is made of, I'll have no answer. After all, a 2yo horse isn't always as smart as a scientist human. Right? I mean, if we were, we'd be able to build without magic. My body visibly relaxes a whole bunch as the time passes. I'm beginning to be okay with Brisa's presence, but I still say we are far from friends in my mind.

Of course, in her mind... everything could be different. "Faeanne, give us a moment."

The answer that comes next was rather unexpected to hear after her admittance to things having been rough, in the short time she had known the mare she had not gathered that she was all that forthcoming when it came to conversations. Then again she was a poor judge of character in most cases and it was always nice to hear that she had not been the only one experiencing well difficulties with things. Hell her words actually helped her figure out what she was going to say, yes a rather surprising first for her considering she often stumbled over sentences when in spur of the moment type talk.

It was not that she wanted a shoulder to cry on in this case though she just wanted to try and put some of her fears to rest or at least try to. " Actually I think you may be able to be a bigger help than you would think." She replied softly with a faint smirk as she knew all too well what Aurelia meant by unqualified. If someone was to come to her with a problem her mind always jumped to the reasoning that she wouldn't be able to do anything to help. The one thing she had learned over the last few months though is that the expanse of common knowledge does not always mean they are better equipped to help out.

" I didn't know who else to turn to.. but well a lot has happened over the last few months. Long story short..I am pregnant but really don't know what or where to go from here. You see I never had parents growing up.. how is a mother supposed to be? How did you manage with things?" Taking another couple steps as she spoke she drew closer so that her voice would not have to carry so far. She felt awkward asking such basic questions but maybe Aurelia could help since she had two children already.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: Aurelia
NOTES: Haha so awkward for her