the Rift

[OPEN] Eaves of Easter

Dusk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was too easy to enjoy the lull of spring cicadas and the brisk, open air trudging away with time. I'd slept and interacted with the imaginary -- hot stars revolving through metaphysical wisps; I was in touch with myself and I could feel tranquility buzzing so softly in my ears. Few could disrupt the kind of slumber one takes between winter and spring. Few could view the kind of philosophy solace brings. As if the shell of winter's egg cracked all of a sudden and I poured out into the world, facing the dawn of day, the ruby sunrise blinking open to the first morning of spring like some kind of awakening. It was beautiful. It was mine.

I lay before beckoning Heaven, lost in the process of waking. Spotty eyes caught the blinding gleam of sun, pouring into the meadow. It was hard to believe this could happen every day, even those days where the muddy garrison waged forth a sea of hot children. It was hard to believe anyone could be privileged enough to witness such artistry. I wonder how I'm allowed to view such a passionate reminder of this imaginary life. I shift grassy eyes to the violet buds, watching time pass with the stretch of gentle petals. I wonder if this is what we all should see.

I rest beaten wings against dew soaked grass, allowing sleep to take me.

[I promise the poetic-ness will go away a little xD]

Credit

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I laid there; basking in the warmth of the sun, but also the loathing scorched my soul more than a gigantic star ever would. It was dark. I waited for the coldness to wash over me and dissipate before I could finally see what was before me.

Cold. The darkness was there, but I could hardly remember how I can think, move in this position. Vulnerable I have become to this condition I failed to grasp in my short life. I had to wait until the veins opened to allow blood flow through my body once more. And more often, I wanted to see it from the white, furred patches covering my fleshy skin. Too many times it would have caused one to notice and jeer with a blood-lusty delight in their eyes, and it too had influenced me to remind myself that I could handle a scratch or two - or broken skin. I felt the sting. Most likely caused by raking my fur against the tip of a branch or a reminder of a once beautiful meadow of spring back home. My old home where all went downward; spiraling into a darkness like the one I currently felt. Soon, I would see and check my body before I allowed my grudge to do more harm than good.

It wasn't as cold as before. Humid now. The heat blanketed itself over my unconscious form, but I imagined all of this no doubt. A dream, a nightmare, a living nightmare no doubt. Eventually I would see - and I did, my eyes of brown and blue - dirt and sky - welcomed the sight of the sense born and never taken. I was fortunate, and unfortunate. Fortunate to be healthy. Healthy, but dead inside. Was I an animated corpse living the drudgery of work and exploration? I lugged my heavy body around with flesh still in tact and none of it revealed the thick bones holding my exterior's equine shape. My body rose to the sky, but my legs trembled underneath the weight. I nearly fell and I rose once more. Wingless. Unable to fly away from my own problems. My speed horrid as my stamina.

My legs brushed against the violet buds. It wanted to caress; innocent as it is, but it did not know how much it reminded me of home. The violet hue masking the green pastures, and the sun blinding me if I were ever innocent. Maybe I am innocent as I cannot understand the tidbits of my childhood. I could have tried to play innocent, and I would most likely survive if I played innocent. A pegasus stood in the meadow, too, but not wobbly like me. Not a colt with a fleshed out body and not-so awkward shape waiting to be grown into. I would play innocent, but deep inside my heart, the loathing lingered - a fire threatening to unravel my ploy to fit into this foreign land I somehow knew.

I approached him. My eyes faltered in a fabricated look of sweetness. Something made me feel timid, and I succumbed to it. "Hi, I'm lost here. Do you know where this is?" I asked awkwardly; fumbling with my words as it nearly spilled into a venomous tone out of my own spite. Why did I feel so bitter? This stallion did nothing wrong. The monsters of my past were never winged. This place made my insides shudder from the dim reminder. It was too frustrating to understand my unstable behavior. Even my awakening in a place I never thought to travel to was a mystery to me.

@[Dusk]
"Talking."