Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

My hooves hit the ground and my wings immediately began to fold against my side as I trotted forward several steps before stopping. Before me stood the heart and the mouth of the cave system that had housed most of Helovia's population. I had been here only once before the darkness had taken over but I hadn't explored and when I'd come back as infected filth I had stayed near the entrance. I can't remember everything that I did, but I remember the cave and I remember taunting my own father and Gaucho to try and get them to leave it so I could attack them and turn them into infected filth. When I finally had decided to infiltrate the cave I didn't make it far before daddy and Alysanne, I think it was her- my memory is a little foggy, stopped and healed me. I'll owe them forever for that.

Sweat trickled down my shoulder that was scarred by the force of Roskuld's magic. I wonder what would have happened if my infected self had taken the hit to the chest. Would my blackened heart have exploded? Would she have killed me? I certainly would have deserved it, but I supposed I should be happy or even just relieved that my infected self had a sense of self preservation and allowed me to live, though I am constantly burdened by the guilt I feel for how I treated those I love. I haven't even tried to see any of them yet because I still don't feel like I could look them in the eye.

My legs carried me forward and I found myself looking at the ground, at the dried spots of blood that led toward the mouth of the cave. As I stopped I peered down into the cave then down at my own hooves and the puddle of dried blood and the image of cracked, bleeding hooves, ruined flesh, and the look of horror on my own father's face made me recoil. I snorted and my wings snapped open almost as if they had a mind of their own and were ready to take me away from this place of demons.

The sound of someone crying made me stop and I turned away from the cave. There, only a few feet away, was a colt laying on the ground and I wondered how I could have missed him. "Hello?" I called out, though I was fairly certain he was already aware of my presence, though I had been none the wiser of his. The cave was forgotten and pushed to the back of my mind as I began to walk toward the colt and I was surprised that I recognized him. "Roux?" At least I thought that was what his name was. It had been so long since I'd been a foal running on the beach and meeting my grandfather for the first time. But he had been there, I was sure he was the foal that had ran into my grandfather and fallen on the ground. How strange that both times I saw him he would be laying on the ground. This time was different, though, so I had to ask. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"."

@[Roux]

credits
Coded by Time

aud pixel!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The meadows outside the Heart Caves was a place the boy and his ever faithful fox frequently visited. It was close to the meadows that held a special attachment to his heart and the caves, the dark holes in which he had found Inari. Though the caves had no warmth in way of memories and Sacre would never voluntarily enter them again, he still felt it had been necessary. To flee the wraiths was a good enough reason to flee to them, but the darkness had offered him a jewel, a companion and for that Sacre was thankful. It also seemed like he meandered around the middle of Helovia as if to almost unconsciously represent his uncertainty to where exactly he belonged, in the middle would have to be good enough for now.

For a while Sacre swapped between grazing and playing with Inari, the fox pup was slowly growing, still a small mite and he was beginning to realize he had teeth. Teeth and claws. Accessories that would come in handy later, surely. For now he used them in vain attempts to catch innocent butterflies or scrape them against the trees before darting off in a mad burst of energy whilst Sacre giggled. The day would have been a fine one had it continued like this, but it didn't.

Sacre frowned as a red hue lit up the grass around him and for a moment was completely at a loss for what it was until finally he realized. Arrow! Roux! Panic entered his eyes and his head shot up from the grass he'd been eating, green cuttings of it falling from his mouth. Where was he?! "Inari!" The boy shouted to his bonded, but the fox was already on the move and as Sacre sprinted to follow his ears caught his name on the air. It wasn't too long before the burnt boy found his twin littering the floor and his heart jumped to his mouth in horror at the sight.

"Roux?! ROUX?!" He stopped by his brother's fallen side, nostrils flared from sudden exertion and sheer panic as his body shook in shock, what had happened? "What's going on? Are you hurt?" Sacre cast his gaze about with a look crossed between hysteria and anger as if anyone who dared show their face was automatically a suspect. "Who did this to you?!" He seethed. The arrow only glowed when he was in danger, why had he been in danger? Who put him in danger?! Wild eyes zoned in on the hybrid filly half confused and half accusing, as if expecting her to fill in the gaps. Demanded her to tell him what happened.

Inari went to sit beside the kite and tried to console his master's brother's bonded with the warmth of his presence.
credit, table by sevin

@[Roux] (ooc; sorry for the brief mention of Jiji!! D: Since I c&p this from the other thread I had to improvise her in heh.]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux

I feel it in my bones enough to make my systems blow

I killed him.

I killed him. He's dead. I killed him. What am I?

Roux lay on the ground, crumpled in his own blood and grief. His shoulder stung like hell as the feeling of his body slowly faded back. His sobs racked his body, sending white hot waves of pain from his shoulder to the rest of his body. He needed to stop crying, he told himself, and Edison cooed gently from beside him. The young bird would cry every so often, calling out for help. The bay mare that had witnessed the boys' argument never came out from the caves, and the bonded pair wondered if Roux had killed her, too. I'm a monster. His mind repeated, and Edison fell silent.

It seemed like an eternity before anyone came, but finally they did. They were in sync, hooves slamming against the earth and loud in the blood bay's ears. Roux winced, his eyes snapping open, but seeing naught. The sun was high above them, casting blindness over the colt wrathfully. Both voices were familiar, however, and caused Roux's head to snap up. His shoulder twisted in pain as he lifted himself up into his side, blood once again pooling from the wide, searing wound.

"Ranjiri. Sacre." The colt breathed out, relieved. Ranjiri was a welcome face, though his sightless eyes could not pinpoint it, but she was a warm filly from the beaches. His twin, however, caused tears to form along the bottom lids of Roux's eyes once more. He could feel the raging, hot anger as it boiled and spilled from his twin's chest. "Sac-sacre...I-i-i did it." He looked away from his twin, tears spilling and voice choking. The wound on his shoulder was his own cause, truly, from slamming into the sharp cave wall on his flee. Roux's ears dropped again, and he gritted his teeth. He needed to stand. His body was shaking, and the boy did not notice until he attempted to stand.

The pain was more than Roux had ever felt before and he screamed, called out, and pulled himself to his hooves. He swayed, shook, and wanted to release his knees and fall back to the earth. Let me die here. "Sacre...in the ca-aves. I--" Roux choked again, his head hanging as sobs took over his voice for several minutes. "I killed a boy."

image credits

@[Ranjiri] @[Sacre]
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla