[PRIVATE] like a stream that meets a boulder; halfway through a wood

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Having extricated myself from the deep, dark, unfriendly woodlands and the unusual company I found myself in I begin to move in a northern direction. It is late afternoon and the sun will soon begin to set. I should find a place to rest for the night I suppose but I am not quite ready to think of this yet. My hooves bring me to a border that has the scents of many equine-like beings. No doubt I have found one of the kingdoms. For a moment or two I hang about, just shy of that boundary, trying to decide if I want to request entrance. In the end I decide against it and turn eastward to skirt the landmarks I presume to be continued borderlands. As far as I can tell I am not being followed so, either no one noticed me or it was decided that I was not worth investigating once I made it clear that I would not intrude.

My mind drifts as I walk and all at once I find myself face to face with a rocky mountain path.

Major deja vu…

Yes, I have certainly been in this situation before and last time I chose to climb such a trail it took exception to having my weight upon it. That particular trail collapsed beneath me as I walked it, sent me tumbling through the depths of the earth and out into space itself to eventually land me here… in Helovia. Part of me wonders if I could get this trail to give way in a similar fashion and return me to the world I belong in. Part of me is scared stiff that any such attempt might end in my death. So, do I ignore this trail and move on to safer endeavours or chance it?

I stand at the base of the path looking up and up over my head, shifting from foot to foot in troubled indecision. No, I can not walk away. If I do this sight will haunt me until I come back and face it down. Might as well just do it now. It is bad enough that I am terrified of underground caves and dark corners I do not need to let myself be frightened off by earth and rock under an open sky. Taking a deep breath I close my eyes and move first one hoof, then a second, then a third and fourth very deliberately forward until I stand completely on the uphill slope.

Opening my eyes again I force myself to look ahead not back. On I go climbing into the mist. The trail is narrow and winding, not exactly safe for any pace other than a measured walk but part way up I lose my nerve and decide that it is worth the risk to travel at a reckless speed. After all, the shorter the time that my hooves are touching the ground the less likely the earth is to give way beneath them... right? Luck is with me and I make it to the top winded but alive and standing upright.

I proceed away from the edge and find myself in a delightful mountain meadow. Giving a gleeful buck for good measure I skitter a few more strides forward before halting and dipping my head to taste the grass. My ears remain alert for the sounds of anyone approaching but aside from that I fall to nothing but peaceful, silent grazing.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Delinne] - Private, but feel free to bring Azarel in and invite Destry too if you want Inna. That part is entirely up to you.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE