the Rift

[OPEN] Sleepwalking [Delinne]

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

The roughened warrior was well aware he was taking a calculated risk by coming to this place, but risks did not frighten him. He wasn't here to spy, for subterfuge or assault, with ill-intent or a black heart. Dalibor was here because he was confused.

Confused and annoyed, more accurately.

The real unicorn mare he'd met in the Threshold had intrigued him and presented a picture of a filthy, racist spikehead he had not encountered until then: one with reason. She'd claimed she'd taken a pegasus for her mate and bore him children, and had been far less immature and bitchy than the other mare. The pathetic one who'd smashed a glass horn atop her head in whatever abysmally sad attempt it was to be something she was not - whether that was anything but herself or specifically a unicorn, Dalibor didn't know.

What he did know was the desire to be someone else.

Perhaps he might have had sympathy for that mouthy little bitch on another day, in a different situation, but her personality was too childish and grating for Dalibor to handle. It was likely he would never change his opinion on her unless something drastic happened. He did not suffer fools. Delinne, on the other hand, was not a fool.

Not so far as he saw, at least.

So, after hearing her and the fake unicorn speak of these Hidden Falls, the pegasus had sought them out. Not at first. Dalibor had mulled over the idea, wondering if it was wise, or even worth it. Obviously his decision had been made, as he stood on the border of the Hidden Falls, wondering what to do next.

He was are he might be attacked without provocation. Did he feel like fighting? Not really. He just wanted to talk. How long had it been since he had talked with anyone? They didn't have to move from this spot. He wasn't asking for invitation into their home. Just that Delinne might come out to speak with him.

Taking a breath, he let out a hearty whicker that might summon any nearby. Steeling himself, the pegasus waited.

@[Delinne]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
It had gone a few days since I met Rostislav, the drunkie, and I had honestly been a bit bored. There was almost nothing to do. My kids were running around somewhere - and I felt like a bad mother for not knowing where they were - and it wasn't like I had any mate to go to. Atleast not anymore.. With a heavy sigh, I wandered by a waterfall near the borders of my homeland, stopping from time to time to take a sip. Well, that was before I heard the call. Raising my head quickly, I felt a headache slowly form and I cringed as it came, but let out a relieved sigh as it disappeared again. It was not good to do that.
Dezba stood by my side, lapping the river that resulted from the waterfall and not making a single sound - but she as well rose her head at the sound of the call. Look. I nodded and we both turned to walk towards the borders, curious but at the same time slightly afraid because who knew who would be standing there?

Slowly emerging out of the shadows, we finally arrived at our borders and look who we have here? I looked at him, from eartips to hooves and smirked. "Well hello, Dalibor." Dezba just looked at him from my side, standing slightly behind me and ready to defend me if she saw something that might be a threat. Like this stallion.
"How come you're here? Wanted to see what I was talking about?" I looked around me, enjoying the view as I did. My companion pushed herself against my scarred hindlegs, still staring at Dalibor as if he was the flying devil. I looked down on her, slightly frowning at her distrustful behavior. Dezba, it's rude to stare. Go hunt while I talk to him. I will call if something happens. She merely looked at me before she turned around and ran away, most likely to hunt as I had asked her to. When she had disappeared, I turned my head to the pegasus again and smirked slightly. "Now you can be comfortable. I sent her away to hunt. Tell me what's on your mind, Dalibor." Oh yes, I had noticed how he had stared at my Desired back in the Threshold. I knew an uncomfortable look when I saw one and my motherly instincts told me to do something about it - so I did.

All I could do now was wait.

"Talking."
Delinne's thoughts.
Dezba's thoughts.

ooc: :D
word count: 415
tags: @[Dalibor]

You're never alone in the dark.

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Tense, warrior’s stance slowly relaxed when Dalibor’s hawkish eyes witnessed the very person he’d wished to speak to emerge from the trees, shadows and bushes. He had not expected such a fortunate turn of events. Soldiers patrolled the borders of every land, he assumed, and Dalibor had anticipated having to explain himself, mayhap even fend off a diversionary attack, before he was able to gain an audience with Delinne. The compact male stood there, unmoving and unblinking as the unicorn gave him a very obvious once-over, wondering if there was any sexual intent meant in that. He doubted it. She seemed to be…toying with him, slightly.

Women. Everything was a game to them until it wasn’t. And you could never tell when they were about to cross that line.

His eyes flicked to the beast with Delinne, remembering it from last time. It had not attacked then, and he doubted it would do so now…especially since he was not here to be belligerent or do anyone any harm. Still, he remained silent as some unheard exchange passed between the two and felt some measure of tension leave his frame as the beast disappeared. Delinne then urged him to tell her what was on his mind.

You don’t really want to know, he thought bitterly, and cast his glance down. Opening his mouth, it hung there for a while, no words coming out. What had he come here to say? What could he say? I understand your loss? I know your pain? I’m sorry I misjudged you? But had he, really? He couldn’t know that until he knew her well, and that required familiarity he was certain would not exist between them. Looking around, he had to admit this place was…lush. “Your home is beautiful,” he murmured quietly, taking in the trees and the green everywhere, the flowing water and thriving life. Not like the place he’d followed Africa to.

Subtlety wasn’t a talent of his, and he felt like a fool fumbling for words, so he let them fall as they wished. “You said you had a Pegasus for a mate.” His eyes cautiously flicked to hers before looking away again. Dalibor didn’t need to see the pain in them to know what it looked like, or felt like. “You are not like the other unicorns – haughty because of a bony protrusion on your head. Why?”

Such a simple word, and such a complicated question: Why?

@[Delinne]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"Yes, I had." I gave up a sigh and looked to the ground, trying to ignore the ache in my heart. When the pegasus asked why - why I wasn't racist - I looked into his eyes for one short second, then my gaze fell on the ground. "I was actually raised to believe that unicorns were superior, but since the stallions who taught me that also abused me, I didn't pay attention. I never listened to them and they abused me even more for that. I find the unicorns to be most racist, that's true, but I am not one of them. I have never been even if I do have several excuses to." Another sigh. I looked up, merely glancing at the peg before my gaze turned away.
"Azzaron was.. Unique. He took me with storm, took care of me, showed me love that I hadn't felt since I was a filly... I.. I never had an excuse to be racist with him. So I never was." A tear rolled down my cheek and my chest hurt even more with every word.

"He even gave me two children before he passed away. One unipeg filly and her little brother, who is a unicorn. None of them are racist, thank the Gods." A small smile appeared on my lips for a few seconds before I continued. "I blame the Basin for his death, but also the Darkness. If they hadn't stolen him away from me... If only he had stayed with me.." My voice cut off but I swallowed and continued. "Perhaps he would've been alive now. Perhaps... I wouldn't have seen him die of malnutrition right in front of me." The sight of Azzaron before he died was something I would never forget. His unseeing eyes, plucked wings and dirty coat with poking bones was not how I wanted to remember him. I remembered my scream after he had died, my flaming son and paralyzed daughter who stared at him. I turned my right ear back, ruffling his feathers as another tear rolled down my cheek. "He was someone who I will never regret and never forget." I took a deep breath and felt the familiar lump in my throat, the lump that had been there way too many times.

"My kids remind me of him every day. They have so many features from him and it hurts to see them." My eyed sought contact with the stallion's for the first time in a while. "I wish that I had been the one who had died instead of him. I deserve it more, because Azzaron just wanted to be left alone and happy... I should've died, not him." The last sentence was more of a mumble and once again I looked away. I hated my life, yet I loved it. Why?

"Talking."
Delinne's thoughts.
Dezba's thoughts.

ooc: -
word count: 470
tags: @[Dalibor]

You're never alone in the dark.

Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Dalibor listened as the horned female spoke, the effusion of words pouring forth from her mouth due to a single question unsurprising to him. This was why he didn’t speak with women that much – at least not when he was the only one they could talk at.

Because really that’s what this was. Being talked at.

Dalibor was unaffected by her tears. Still, her talk of children moved something in his chest and the brute swallowed, feeling a thick lump forming in his throat. “I might have had two children by now. The first was murdered when my mate was murdered.” His smile was dark and bitter. “Paladin the Valiant. You know that’s what they called the bastard who murdered my family?” he spat. “I guess it’s not all that surprising we elevate our worst. This world’s twisted enough.”

“I feel the same about Allana – my mate,” he murmured when Delinne claimed Azzaron would be someone she would never regret or forget. He could not regret loving that woman, gentle and soft and perfect as she was, nor could he forget her and how she had made him feel like a whole being for once in his life. Maybe he had it easier, not having a child to remind him daily of the woman he’d lost. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise. He didn’t know.

It didn’t seem it. He’d loved that child as much as he’d loved anything and he’d never even gotten to meet the little one.

Dalibor’s eyes were not empty, but they reflected only what Delinne chose to show; his hawkish orbs were like a tightly locked box gilded in highly polished gold – alluring, beautiful even, but cold and inorganic. Expressing depth of emotion to another was once again a thing he’d become unable to do regularly, if at all. “No,” he said simply, letting that hang there for a moment. “You are a fighter. That is why you lived. You should not regret that.” He broke their gaze, not wanting to be honest and look into her eyes at the same time. “There were many days where I wished the same thing. Allana fought for it, fought every moment for it, and she died anyway. Why should I live, when she could have replaced me with a beautiful little life?” His expression was grim. “Still don’t have an answer. But I know that if I regret my own life, then I devalue her memory because I am devaluing my existence. She didn’t get to live, but I can…honor her, maybe, by refusing to give up.”

The warrior shrugged, glancing up at Delinne once more, seeing the feathers in her mane she’d moved earlier and figuring they must have been from her mate. He’d had no opportunity to take something from Allana’s corpse. Just as well. Keeping a physical piece of her might have been too much for him to bear.

@[Delinne]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Paladin the Valiant. My eyes opened wide and darkened quickly when I heard that name. ’He fought me. That unicorn had helped taking over the Edge.’ That name got stuck in my head as the stallion continued to talk. Paladin, the horse who had stopped me from defending the World's Edge and distracted me, scarred me, instead of just letting me battle. Had that bastard killed pegasi and yet he had blamed us for being racist? Talk about two-faced.
"You are a fighter. That is why you lived. You should not regret that." I looked down at the same time as Dalibor and sighed. "There were many days where I wished the same thing. Allana fought for it, fought every moment for it, and she died anyway. Why should I live, when she could have replaced me with a beautiful little life?" Life was unfair.
"Still don’t have an answer. But I know that if I regret my own life, then I devalue her memory because I am devaluing my existence. She didn’t get to live, but I can…honor her, maybe, by refusing to give up."

"The best way to honor a deceased loved one is to be happy," I whispered, slowly looking up at him. My eyes were red-cornered, but the iris was seemingly black as my eyes usually darkened when I was furious inside as the name Paladin brought up a few memories that I did not want. "You spoke about Paladin. He was the one to give me this scar." I turned my left side so that the long scar would face the pegasus, the same scar that had been a signalment for the name Delinne for more than two years. "I battled him more than two years ago, yet I cannot forget that horrible day. He claimed that the unicorns of the Edge had been racist..." I smiled in a way that would make most horses shiver. "...yet he was the one to be proven racist apparently."

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 331
Tags: @[Dalibor]
OOC:
delinne
Image Credit
Code by Sevin
Remember?

redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Dalibor's entire body tensed when Delinne said she'd fought Paladin. His eyes roved over the scar she showed to him, his mind working in overdrive. She'd fought Paladin.

Where? Here? In this place?

Two years ago? A fierce expression colored his already savage visage. "Where? The Edge?" he demanded. "Where is Paladin now?" The timbre of his voice had taken a very dark turn, matching the smile that Delinne had thrown his way.

If Paladin was here...

Allana...I may yet be able to make him pay for your death...

@[Delinne]

-------------------------------------------
OOC: Little short, sorry, but Dalibor only has one thing on his mind now, and might be leaving soonish now that he knows about Paladin

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"Where? The Edge? Where is Paladin now?" I had caught his interest, but not in the way that I thought I would. This stallion was surely a mystery, but if he were to revenge his loved one I would not stop him. The way he spoke about... Allana... made it sound like he really loved her and their child and it made me sad that they had been killed so brutally by such a selfish character. I sighed heavily. Helping him, I wouldn't doubt doing so at all. Not for one second. "Last time I saw him, he helped the Qian take over the Edge. I do not know if he lives with them nowadays, but you could always check if he truly does." I spoke, lifting my eyes to meet his. "The Valiant is surely a mystery... If you find him, tell him that I have still not forgiven him for invading my home and stealing it from me." After my last word was spoken, soft drums started to play behind me and I looked back, only to find my sweet companion coming back - and with a rabbit in her mouth.

"Hello, my babe. Shall we go?" The jaguar nodded so that the rabbit's limp body swayed with the movement. I turned away from the pegasus, but shot one last glance at him before I left with Dezba. "Good luck, Dalibor. And you shall know, you have me as an acquaintance if you should need me in the future." A friendly smile was fired at him and then we left, trotting into our home again.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba talking'
Words: 266
Tags: @[Dalibor]
OOC:
delinne
Image Credit
Code by Sevin
Remember?