the Rift

Let Us Play With Fire

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

The clouds have me shrouded in grey

The light danced off the each brightly bleached hair, the rays from the sun catching her once pristine coat. Tiny rainbows reflected from the small beads of water that coated her entire being, it was a warm day, a climate change that was rather drastic for the colder climate of The Basin. Above freedom was being tasted by the golden tipped griffin. She flew with the wind currents, often screeching with joy. The young griffin had only taken flight a few days ago, the doe watched nervously with each shaky flap or dip in height. Through the bond however, an abundance of joy seeped into her. Whispers of reassurance were felt through the emotions the bonded creature felt. Take my soul, take a breath. Leaving her precious babes behind had been hard, yet the young mother was determined to show her young daughters not to fear the outside world. Knowing they should embrace it forced the doe to step out of her own comfort zones, the encouraging company of Crash was all the safety she needed. His large farm moved with a deadly purpose, an impassive face yet the doe knew that underneath he had a warm heart for those he cared about. Her eyes now turned ahead as they made their way through the grasses of birdsong. A sweet melody played over in the mind of the one who was once so innocent.

Suddenly a call from above, golden eyes snapped up to the diving form of her bonded. "Wynter, no!" At the very last minute the golden tipped creature pulled out of the drive almost perfectly. Through now reproachful eyes, the doe stared at her bonded. "Brat," turning to smile at her protector, the doe chuckled. "I let her and my daughters get away with far too much." A warning sent through the bond causes the doe to freeze in her tracks. "Crash." Nodding towards the direction of the possible danger, the small mare carefully crept forward before coming to a stop positioned slightly behind her protector. Wynter soared down through the trees before coming to settled on the doe's shoulders. Nestling comfortably before sending a low warning call towards the unknown stallion, both Ivory princesses froze, watching the unravelling of events. A quick introduction was made through her mixed coloured companion. As her own name was mentioned, the doe elegantly dipped her greatly crowned head. Between her ears nestled the Ice Crown. It glinted in the sun, the magic keeping it from melting. Truly a crowned soul. Crowned as a mother, nothing more.

Spreading her wings wide, the bonded creature took flight again. Now she circled from above watching the unique looking stallion. The gold that danced along his coat flashed brightly in the sun, catching the gaze of nearly everything and everyone around. It was a rather rash introduction, the in destructive stallion did not have the gift of diplomacy. Smiling, Arah moved closer to now stand beside her close and dear friend. "Indeed. I am Arah and that is Wynter." The Griffin came to a stop on a brach, her bright blue eyes staring down at the unknown stallion. As her name was softly given to the wind, the bonded creature threw back her head and gave a cry. "How should we address you?" Friend, foe, liar or honest? The game would begin now. There was no way a distrustful stallion would be lead towards The Basin, near her daughters and the other members of her family she had fought so hard to keep safe. For now, the doe was happy to let silence fall, nothing more to add to the information Crash had already presented to the golden glinting stallion. If her did not like the sound of their family then he would not need anymore information. Of course if he was interested, it may take a while before Arah finally trusted him.

The scars on her back tingled.

655 words.

And a sun set to lay away your day to day fears

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Let Us Play With Fire - by Thranduil - 04-23-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Crash Course - 04-23-2014, 04:14 AM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Arah - 04-23-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Arah - 04-24-2014, 03:02 AM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Arah - 05-01-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Thranduil - 04-23-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Abishia - 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Let Us Play With Fire - by Crash Course - 04-23-2014, 11:37 PM