Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

I strained my ears to listen for that song to start again and when it didn't start back immediately I sighed and looked down at the ground, wondering if I had imagined the whole thing. Maybe I was finally cracking after all the guilt and pressure I had put on myself since the darkness had come and gone. But then it started again and I was looking toward the sky, straining against the brightness of the sun to see who it was that was singing for me. The sun blocked out anything that might have revealed who it was and all I knew for sure was that it was a pegasus that was singing. A stallion. I knew the voice but I also knew that it wasn't daddy's voice and part of me was glad because I still wasn't ready to face him.

"Hototo?" His name fell as a nearly silent whisper from my lips. I had not seen my brother since the very first period of darkness. Back when the gods disappeared completely and not even the moon remained in the sky. I remembered the lamp trees that had been the only form of light. I also remembered Momma being in the Foothills with me, protecting me. And bear. I missed them so much, but I didn't even know where to begin looking for them. And it had been my decision to go out on my own instead of staying by their sides and Momma had given me exactly what I had wanted. My freedom to explore.

The song became louder as the unknown stallion singing to me circled lower and lower and when he finally landed I could only stare. My heart thumped painfully in my chest and the desire to turn and run had my muscles tensing. I wracked my brain, trying to find something there that would tell me if I had hurt him like I had hurt daddy and Gaucho and Ros, but there was nothing. I was coming up blank and I didn't know if it was a good thing or not. If I couldn't remember then I couldn't have hurt him, right?

"Big Brother..." I blinked my eyes rapidly to hold back the flood of tears that was threatening to spill over just as they had in the field with Dragomir. "You came for me?" He was the first one. The only one.

"."

@[Cera]

credits
Coded by Time

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Reluctant Heroes - by Cera - 04-23-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Ranjiri - 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Cera - 04-23-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Ranjiri - 04-24-2014, 12:13 AM