Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
The Stormbringer
Kahlua
The Sunshower

Pale blues watch the golden mistress opposite him, not sure what to make of her, but her smile is flawless and her words are calm and courteous. It is a brisk, but refreshing change of pace, one Kaj is more than comfortable with. These are matters he has participated in for years, from foaling at least, and so a bow of head and a gentlemanly smile is given to the smaller lass. He conceals his thoughts, for he is not quick to trust just yet, allowing her to see only the political rigidity of his actions that belies she has not won his confidence yet. "Of course. You are our guests, after all." But the waiting game isn't something he's eager to play, and one he luckily does not have to participate in. Kahlua is quick to come to his side, nuzzling him affectionately. Wing lifts to brush her side and turned to breathe warmly against her cheek, muzzle soft as it touches her but fleeting in face of these strangers. It is a sign to her that later, he will be more receptive, while also professional enough to show them as a united force to the group before them. Intimacy was a weakness, should they prove unable to be trusted, and he would not have them using Kahlua against him. Call him paranoid from the last invasion, but he would rather err on the side of caution, especially with the Edge completely free from alliances and thus allies.

Soft words touch his harks and head nods to acknowledge he has heard, but no comment falls from his lips, nor do his eyes stray from the trio standing across from them. And soon, his own trio has formed as Aaron comes to stand among them. Eyes flicker and rest upon him, a ghost of a smile on his lips that Aaron has come despite their own personal grievances. But the next arrival is not such a welcoming presence, and Kaj bristles as Valiance comes flying overhead to fly into the face of one of the diplomats. As Resplendence heels him Kaj's face is like stone, form rising higher and wings rustling in anger and disapproval. "Control your companion, Resplendence," he does not childishly snap, for his voice is like thunder, low and angry like a coming storm so appropriate for his title. "I will not tolerate foolish attacks on a diplomatic entourage." Eyes are like cold blue slivers of ice as they cut to her, but he allows her to cling to his flank like a babe, inwardly sighing as he raises his wing to brush slowly against her should she not shy away. It is far behind him, this motion, and out of sight. He does not wish to hurt her, but he did not approve of her childish dragon ruining things. He was in luck if they did not take it as an attack, and all possible deals would dissolve like the mists of the Edge beneath the sunlight.

It is time for introductions. He does not extend formal apologies for Valiance's actions, for his disapproval and reprimand is clear sign enough that it was not intended. Ears flicker regardless, a silent apology, as the Lady begins to speak. He nods to each in turn as they are named, not needing to state those of his own group as they have claimed that right themselves. Instead he watches the Lady, not bothering to pin her brethren beneath his stare, ears attentive but face neutral as she reveals what it is she has come to achieve. A regal nod is all that is offered as she mentions their past invasions, for he will never forget, but perhaps he can forgive. Perhaps.

And as her eyes find him, he shifts. It is time for words, now. Words he must carefully construct, in this game he plays, a dance which steps he has memorized since birth. This is his realm, and he is comfortable in it. It is time to show that he deserves to be the King of these lands, that he will not fail his people nor draw them into the darkness of grudges. "You speak too truly of Time, Lady Illynx. And as Time has moved you and your people, so it has moved us in the Edge. We are changed; you must see this plain. This...Regime. It has not touched my ears." A pregnant pause consumes him as he hums contemplatively, wings tucking tight and militaristic against the healthful swell of his golden sides.

"You said that this Regime has struck your people. If you may feel comfortable, would you bestow upon us details? If it is war we fight, I wish to know what my enemies have done to wrong them in my eyes. And should they be found guilty...then I wish to know them from entrails to hide. One cannot be too prepared or well-informed, as I am sure you can agree, Lady Illynx?" A half-smirk curves his lips, chuckle deep but meaningful. There is a glint of something old in his eyes, of days past when he had bled for the title of peace. A promise that should this Regime prove dangerous, he would trust in the strength of not only his shoulders but his own body as well. Kahlua did not desire war being the price of that period of calm, but Kaj had paid that price a thousand times over in his days as a soldier. The wicked scar, bared to the trio upon his foreleg, is testament to how hard he'd worked to achieve a title that allowed him to lead and protect his people. And somehow, it had led him to the title of StormBringer, to the position of King. He and Aaron are the only battle-scarred among the group, but he doubts they will need to prove anything right then and there.

The pieces are moving across the board. Kaj can only hope this game does not end in his people being hurt.

---

I'M SO SORRY HEATHER I MISSED LENA'S TABLE AND I POSTED BEFORE YOU ;______;

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: mist drifts across pale ice; [herd leaders] - by Kaj - 05-01-2014, 11:15 PM