the Rift

[PRIVATE] i remember saying prayers for someone kind

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

My heart continued to break for him with each sob that broke from his throat. I did the only thing that I could think to do while he cried and that was to simply keep whispering to him that he would be okay. When he cried out and called me 'momma' I felt like my heart had finally broken completely. The poor colt wanted his momma so badly and all he got was a stranger, but at least I cared enough to try and comfort him. I cared enough to curl my wings around him and cradle him, hide him away from the world until his sobs stopped wracking his body and he could finally look at the world through dry eyes. For several minutes he cried into my shoulder, drenching my coat with hot tears, but I didn't care because I knew what it was to cry alone. I had done my fair share of crying in the past several days, and I knew how a kind gesture could make a world of difference be it just a few words or an embrace.

His sobs weaken and when they finally stop my wing grows slack so he can move if he wanted to, but instead he just stared and me and I looked on, studying his eyes and thinking how the red reminds me of my own momma and the gold reminds me of daddy. He really could be my brother, but instinct told me he was not and I found myself wishing for the first time that I had a baby brother to care for. "Hello. I'm Ranjiri." I smiled genuinely at the young colt and tilted my head slightly as he suddenly claimed that I could not touch him because I was too pretty and he was ugly. "Whoever told you that lied to you." Maybe not everyone was a fan of the color scheme he sported, but I found it pleasant, though I may be a little biased.

"Why? Momma don't love me...why I not beautiful? Why I a freak?"

"I'm sure your momma loves you." It was a knee-jerk reaction to say it, but how could I tell a colt that I didn't know why his mother didn't love him? "Everyone sees beauty differently. I think you are very beautiful..." My voice trailed so he could give me his name, should he want to. "Why do you think you're a freak? Is it because you have two different colored eyes? I think that's unique and very striking. My dad has gold eyes and my momma has red eyes." I smiled and dared to nudge the young colt's muzzle. "And look at mine! I don't even have pupils." Just endless pools of crimson that many thought were so very strange looking. "Its things like that that make us beautiful."

"Speak."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i remember saying prayers for someone kind - by Ranjiri - 04-28-2014, 01:15 AM