the Rift

[OPEN] Cold winds and warm suns.

Liit Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
let the healers kiss our fingers

The roar and rush of the ocean was comforting and sounded old to her ears. It crashed over the sound of anything else, and it soothed her. The ocean was something that always changed, and that did not bother her as much as she thought it would. When she had been told that the waters spilled out across a majority of the globe and was able to conquer continents, islands, and drown volcanoes, she had not been as afraid of the waters as she ought to have been. While the sea did not harbour the sort of water that was drinkable or even safe to traverse, it was blue and it was beautiful, alluring and tempting all at the same time.

Though all Liit had to do was listen to the ocean sing. On sunny days, the gulls cried sharply overhead, their screams cutting through the sound of the surf, but never loud enough to be deafening or harmful. They were another part of the chorus of the sea, and Liit rather enjoyed being able to hear it. Where she had been born, there had been nothing but fields and forests had been sparse and far in between. Yet when she had first glimpsed the ocean, she had been taken by its unpredictability and it’s constantly changing ways.

So when she heard the sounds of crashing waves, she was drawn to the edge of the land, forced to stand on the shore and watch as the water frothed at her ankles. For the first time in a while, she felt rather at east, standing at the edge of the known earth (how was she to know what lay on the other side of the ocean?) with nothing but the whole of Helovia behind her. Closing her eyes, she breathes in softly, tasting the salt in the air and listening to the cries of the gulls overhead that are soaring into the distance. As the water rushes up to meet her hooves, she inches forwards, letting her hooves sink into the wet sand as her eyes open slowly to watch the tide rise up to meet her.

It had taken her almost a month to get clean and clear from her family. She had managed to disappear into the forests that surrounded the field in which she was born and raised, and on the other side of the forest, after she had been running for weeks straight, she had found the sea. That first time she had seen the water had offered her salvation and freedom, and into it she had slipped. With that memory, one that clearly belonged to her and was not a part of someone’s twisted stories and lies, she wades knee deep into the water and dips her head to bring her lips closer to the surface and breathes deep.

<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Her heart reaches for the sea, a place laden with memories. A carefree, beautiful place. The lulling of the waves upon gently hued sands, the smell of salt reaching her nares as she enters the land. Her hooves sink into the wet sands, her cornet bands tingling with satisfaction as they are plunged into the refreshing, moist earth. A breeze ruffles her tassels, them dancing on the breeze, glass feathers swaying. So much lies here in just one place. Pleasing memories that have turned into a smidgen of regret. And as she walks, all she can think of is Azarel.  Her love. The one that had not loved her back. The boy she had given her heart to, and he had simply taken it greedily, then pushed it away because he had No use for it. 

Despite the thoughts, she let the feeling of freedom wash over her chestnut and white pelt, an calming feeling for a filly that often feels so lost. Turning, she directs her long strides toward the waters. Waves lap at the shore, reaching her clefts and flowing around them effortlessly.  Closing her orbs, she smiles, giggles, embraces the carefree moment before opening the curtains, exposing herself back into the cruel world. But she only stares out to the endless series of waves crashing and colliding. Somewhere out there is her body... The thought surfaces, but fades away as the lady shakes her dished dome, turning her gaze away from the sea, only to be set on a figure... A familiar one. 

Not to far away stands the pale white and grey mare with two purtruding horns. The image of beauty. A slight smile lights up Abishia's features, and she sends out a warm nicker to the lady. The woman she had met in the Thresh.  Within a few loping strides, Abi is standing before her, and bows her dome to the other mare in respect. A friend.  "Liit!  I didn't expect to come in contact with you so soon, dear. " She giggled slightly, her smile widening. This mare had been lost from Abishia's grip, ripped away from her chances in the Falls. But she was one of the pure ones; maybe she deserved to live in the Basin. All I can hope is that they don't turn her into the horrible things they like to shape their people as. "How is the Basin treating you? "

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

It only made sense for Liit to find herself at the sea. When she had run away, it was the sea that was her salvation. The tides had tucked her safely away, folded her into their cool, watery depths, and deposited her onto a shore on some distant land. When she had felt the sun of that foreign place touch her pale skin, back when it was still untouched and pure white, she had opened her eyes to see blue skies and not a soul in sight. It was that moment that she started her loneliness. When she had breathed in that foreign, sea-salt air, she had realized that she was free.

Thinking back, she could only remember with certainty what her mother’s face looked like. It was smooth and dark, and her eyes were not the sort of brown that Liit could see in her own reflection when she stumbled across still water, but they were dark and endless. She could have said soulless, but she liked to believe that her mother was a loving, caring being- despite all the lies, stories, and false memories she had fed to her daughter throughout the short years that they had known each other. Now, all Liit could think was that no face was real except for her mothers, and that every memory she had of her family and friends growing up were just figments of stories and remnants of tales that she had been told were true.

Thankfully, as the young painted filly finds her, her hooves sloshing through the water, Liit can recognize her. The faces she had seen here, so far, were real and they were not made up for the sake of shaping the twisted horned mare’s life into something of their own making. Offering a soft smile in her direction, this time not shirking the approach of the mare and giving her a friendlier greeting than before, Liit is glad for her company, even if she was all but in love with the sea. “If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you were following me.” Her voice is still smooth, still calm and little more than a whisper over the crashes of the waves. Clearing her throat softly, she turns her body towards the girl with the glass horn and speaks again. “I haven’t quite made it there yet.

Perhaps it would be some time before Liit found her way to the Aurora Basin with Lena, but eventually the horned mare would find herself trailing behind the unicorn into her new home. Part of her was giddy about the concept, and another part of her dreaded being dragged into a herd that could, possibly, be another jail like her first home. “You seem to get around, Abishia. I think wandering suits you.” She speaks again, still with a gentle smile drawn across her grey lips.

@[Abishia]
<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Hidden Account
Wild.

A soft laugh graces into the air at Liit's response.  Of course it was meant to be friendly, a joke. Finally this mare wasn't skiddish of her. Abishia knew that in their first meeting, she maybe had come off too friendly, with her large smile and large vocabulary,  she was an expert at scaring those off who usually lingered on the quiet side of the spectrum. But really, it wasn't her fault for being so welcoming to all the newcomers... It's just that sometimes things go south. 

A slight light of surprise sparks in her gaze as she says that she hasn't visited the Basin yet. This is my chance. I can inform her. I can let her know what she is getting into. Tipping her head, she waited until the dual hued mare was first dished speaking entirely before she responded. "It's usual for some to linger before they get accepted into their herd. Herd life can be sort of intimidating at first. Trust me, I understand. I was an Outcast since just a few moon's ago. " Her harks flicked and she laughed again at the mention of her getting around a lot. Nodding, kindred vocals spilled from her."Wandering is what I do. I've always loved it. And even though I am part of a herd, I still like to explore new places and find new faces. "  

Her gaze then switched to the sea, looking out upon the waves that crashed and collided. I need to tell her. Before they taint her with their poison words. Swinging her head, she stared upon Liit again, the seriousness etching her features obvious and easily identified.  Her voice drops to a whisper. The words she speaks are only meant for Liit's ears. She is betraying the land she loves, the land she may become part of one day, but it is only for the well being of Liit."There is something I need to tell you about the Basin, dear. There is a reason I tried so hard to recruit you when Lena came. "  Taking a step forward, she bore her gaze into Liit's."Th-they are racists. The only accept the horned. The Basiners look down upon all those that are winged or hornless. "  She flicked her dome, exposing the base of her artificial horn, the determination glowing in her pools."The reason I have this, is to protect myself from them. So I don't have to travel in fear. "  She left out the fact that the only thing she had ever wanted was to be a part of the Basin, but she was sure to remind herself to tell her new friend of this later."They tore the wing off of one of the Peagusi I know. And when my mother was injured and accidently stumbled into their land, they watched her bleed. "  She then stepped away, clearing her throat. Even those a horse length from her wouldn't be able to hear her almost inaudible words, but this didn't put her at ease. 

@[Liit]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered

While loneliness had suited her, there had always been a small part of her that wanted to be a part of a family. When she had been young, she had never been given the sort of attention the other children of her herd received. She had been tucked away into the shadows, only ever confronted when her elders wanted a blessing or for her to point out an omen. The things she had told them were empty promises, little more than meaningless gestures and useless stories. Yet they had been happy, they had truly believed that she was some reborn soul and that she was born only to help and to serve them.

That was the first reason she twisted away, stepping back as her smile fades and their light hearted conversation turns dark and almost painful. Liit feels silly, really, for having trusted strangers so quickly. The stories that Abishia tells sounds more like the tales she had been told to keep her from wandering too far from her original home, like there was something dark and evil beyond the distant hills, and the only way to find the light- to find salvation, was to stay there, with her. Pushing back her pale ears, the horned mare drops her eyes from the painted girl’s face after she has displayed the way her horn meets her forhead.

It’s like she’s been lied to, told that she had found one of her kind, and suddenly she is not real. “So you’re not like me… How do I know what you say is true?” She asks quietly, staring down at the white ocean froth that spills up the coast, running around her hooves. The ocean always dragged her back, enticed her towards the edge of the earth because it was safe and offered promise. Still staring at the water, she lets her pale forelock fall in front of her eyes while she is looking down. “When I was a child, I was told stories, stories that I can assure you, were not true. I was told that I did things, I saved lives… but I’m fairly certain none of that happened.

Her soft voice cuts across the gentle hiss of the sea. Liit is not afraid to divulge the tales of her past, because to her, perhaps this wasn’t really happening. Perhaps this was another false memory that had been implanted in her brain since she was a child. Yet, she was fully aware that this was really happening, and that she had indeed been inducted into a herd, a family, perhaps even a home without really knowing how much she had bitten off that she would be unable to chew. “I’ve become a support of seeing is believing…” The speckled mare does not take her eyes away from the water, she’s too sorry, and she’s not entirely ready to look at the girl just yet. “I’m sorry.

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.

Abishia shook her head vigorously.  Liit had it all wrong. I don't want to take you home with me! I don't want to force you! I want to keep you safe from them. She wants to scream, to run. To tell her that No, she didn't understand. But she only turns her bodice away, looking away from Liit, who refuses to look up from the white sands. She stares to the waves, pain surging into her chest, stirring her stomach and making her frame cringe visibly. Abishia wants what is safe. She wants safety for the girl. "I wish not to drive you from your new home. Liit,  you must understand! I don't tell you a tale, tis not a myth. " She then turns to Liit,  her gaze blazing with hurt."I don't lie. I saw you, how nice you where. I am usually of good judgement, so I became worried when Lena came. Liit,  I was worried for you. I have No intents to retrieve you for my own good, only to warn you. " Her harks pinned, and she looked to the sea again. Why do I say all the wrong things? Why can't I keep a fucking friend? Why can't I be like everyone else. Gods,  Help me. Raising her harks, she flicked them, her maw twitching. She forced herself to look back to the pale lady."You must trust me. But if you chose not to, there is nothing I can do. " She shrugged, dropping her gaze to the ground before looking to her right, toward the small forest. A series of rocks, twigs, and bare trees lie there. With a glance towards Liit,  she turns on her heel and lopes the ten strides toward the small gathering of plant life, dropping her neck and pushing her maw to the earth, orbs searching for the perfect twig. After a few moments and a bit of rumbling, she picks up a stick and clamps it between her pearls and trots back. Dropping the stick at her own feet, she speaks to the lady in a soft voice."Let me prove myself to you." And with that, she lowers her dome to grasp the twig, turning it in her velvetines so one side is pressed against the sand and the other steadily clamped in her maw, she begins to draw, a skill she had came across long ago, in this very place, with Rhiannon. 

After several moments, shaky lines come together to form the vague image of Liit,  identified by her two horns. On one side stands a Unicorn, the other, a unhorned. A symbol of battle, of confusion, of force. With a flick of her harks, she stares to the picture, then slowly raises her dual colored pools to meet Liit 's. 

@[Liit]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered

She did not realize that her words had stung. Liit always spoke truthfully, for she had only ever been taught to lie to preserve herself, and she did not see this painted girl as a threat to her person or goodwill. Instead, she is confused, and slowly growing upset. It has never dawned on the dual horned mare that the painted filly is just a child, and as her companion starts to grow frustrated, Liit turns away more, ears still slicked back against her pale mane. The pale mare is simply confused now, turning her dark eyes from the frothy surf of the ocean to look at the other mare.

While the girl’s words of concern are flattering and should have comforted the pale mare, she is confused as to the swift and sudden determination of the girl. They are little more than strangers still, with only their names to go by and little snippets of history that they had shared only moments ago. Liit knows nothing of the true demeanour and intentions of the chestnut and white girl, just as Abishia know near nothing of the temperament or the plague of the mottled mare. They were two strangers, standing at the edge of the ocean, one trying to prove herself to the other who wants to twist away and disappear into the sea once more.

Watching in confusion as the girl bounds away to find a twig, Liit lifts her eyes only a little, watching as Abishia returns and begins to work at the sand, dragging one edge of the branch across its surface, creating a crudely drawn image that seemed to represent something. For all the effort that Abishia was showing, it meant little to the horned mare. “You misunderstand me.” Her soft voice reaches out to the other girl, her eyes stuck to her face, watching- always watching. “I have seen nothing of these alleged monsters that you say live in the basin. Lena was kind enough, and I have seen that she is not a beast.” She speaks with strength now, asserting what little power she was able to muster. There is nothing forceful or angry about her tone, instead she sounds forlorn and sad.

Looking to the drawing, she continues. “I must see that these horses in the basin are cruel- your words are little more than wind, Abishia.” Liit still sounds apologetic, like she was to blame for this terrible encounter. It was because she wanted a home so badly that she refused to believe the words this girl was saying, and hoped so eagerly that the creatures in Aurora Basin were not the monsters she claimed them to be.

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.

"My worries lie with all who enters Helovia. My love is given to all, No matter their place of judgement or demeanor.  I may not know you, or understand you, but that doesn't mean I don't care. How could I meet someone, and not care for their well-being. Don't you see? If this was a lie, I wouldn't worry for someone I hardly know.  " Her orbs flashed in furry, but her vocals remained a whisper, still soft, but strained.  Flicking her harks, she pinned them against her mane, features etched with pain, and longing for a friend. Raising her hoof, she slammed it to the ground, ruining the mere drawing and making a grimace grow into her facials."Twas only a warning dear Liit.  No matter what I will never force you. A friendly warning. "She switched her gaze back to the sea, tears wanting to stream from her tear ducts, but she resisted. I can't do one thing right, No matter how hard I try. A tear tumbled to the ground, sending her shaking her head vigorously to try disguise the fact that she was being so openly vulnerable. When have my words ever meant any more than the wind to anyone? A waste of space, That's what I am.  

"Soon, my words will mean much more, as soon as you see. " She tilted her head, orbs flicking back to an erect position, but her stare didn't linger from the sea.
"But forgive me for trying. There is always a home, but sometimes the one you choice just isn't the right fit..." 

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered

Oh, how she wants to be friends. For too long Liit has wondered what it was like to experience the strange and foreign sensation of companionship, to be able to see a face in a crowd and instantly recognize them for a comrade. She had always assumed that with friendships came a sense of safety and protection, and that it only made sense that the more friends one had gathered around them, the more likely it was for them to live a secure, long life. Yet she isn’t sure, and assumes that it was her solitude that made it so difficult for her to communicate her exact feelings, and that perhaps she had been blunt with her words so as to emotionally harm the poor girl across from her.

Liit only watches and stares as the painted girls face exhibits a whirlwind of emotions. First her eyes seem to flash with anger, and for a moment the pale mare tenses, plotting a quick escape rout in case the glass-horned girl has a sudden and violent change of demeanour. Then there is pain, a sort of hurt that stretches across her face and seems to settle in her muscles, and then Liit feels bad. Her hardened eyes soften and her ears lift slightly. “Please calm yourself Abishia, getting upset will help no one.” She ventures with a soft tone, still remembering the glint of fury that she had seen in the other mare’s eyes.

Unsure of how to proceed, and confused at the concept of misunderstanding and being misunderstood, she inches forwards a little, stretching out her grey nose in hopes of comforting the girl with her serene presence. “I think you worry too much, and that distresses you.” Liit adds, still with her nose outstretched and her dark eyes stuck to the girls face, even as she presses on and stares stubbornly at the sea. The pale mare still assumed they could be acquaintances, if perhaps friendship was out of the question at this point.

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.

Calm myself? She's the one that was so quick to freak out and make assumptions. Why must she always be so confused, why must she hide behind a mask? Why. That was the true question here. Why couldn't she be horned? Why couldn't her problems simply slip away. Why can't she be normal, let problems slip away? Doubt, pain, rage... It brews within her, but the strings that have bound the mask to her remain strong. They refuse to break. They refuse to give in. Inside, she scrambles, flails for a chance to let go, be herself for once. But her light isn't strong enough for it to shine through. Something... Bigger, pushes the will to be tride and true away. She shakes her dome, lost in her thoughts, her efforts to become herself . Abishia wants to rip of the mask and stomp upon it, so it is ruined and not able to capture her in it's bounds again. But No, it doesn't allow her, it holds her down and forces her to look to Liit.  

Doubt is displayed in her gaze as the grey girl reaches out. Abishia turns her pools away though, setting her sights on the series of waves before her. Conceal, don't feel. Pushing down her emotions, she side steps away from the mare slightly. The confusion that jumbles her thoughts is too much to handle combined with the internal battle, she can't even bring herself to speak... She just stares at the water, tears No longer present. Her features now displaying an odd expression, pain and confusion, but menace? This girl is so back and forth, it's hard to say when she is happy or not. One moment she will be all la de da then the next she will be crying or cursing. Fucking teenagers. 

But something odd stirs within her, an urge to inflict pain, but not to those around her, but to herself. The rage, it's too much to handle, she needs a way to get rid off her pain, her fear, her confusion, to shoo away the bad and welcome the good. A sharp horn... Depressing thoughts for such a young girl. Slowly, she turns back to Liit,  her harks No longer pinned, but her orbs somber and dark, the glow of happiness faded minutes ago, the moment that the pain thing came into picture. She tips her head, tassels caressing the soft hairs upon her forehead. "That's right. I care too much, I worry myself crazy. " She rolled her orbs,  "Well, I was never taught how to behave. You must understand this. With No mother, No family, what guidance do I get. " Her voice was raspy, louder now, but clearly pained with the mention of her past. She flicked her lobes."Apologies for my childish actions " 

@[Liit]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered

She thinks the poor girl is so young- too young to be in such a state of turmoil. It has taken Liit nearly half a decade to come to terms with her own agitation and fear. The pale mare had taken to the shadows and disappeared. Liit let the darkness swallow up her confusion and with that it also took most of the memories that had been fed to her since birth. The memories that were little more than stories and lies, and when she dared to think about them, her head grew light and her eyes unable to focus, and she wanted to flee, to disappear once more.

As the conversation sours and the girl seems to grow bitter, the pale mare twists her head away, giving the sea a look of longing before looking back. The words Abishia speaks are poisoned and they sting, pushing the pale mare away and forcing her to take a step back. She speaks angrily, and her churlish words are enough to force the horned mare away. “I assure you, the teachings of my own mother were no better than the learnings of being an orphan.” She tries to speak a little louder, with a little more strength than before, like she too had reasons to be sad or hurt, but perhaps it is the years that she had spent in hiding and in solitude that had thickened her skin to such emotions and thoughts.

Turning on the girl, she starts to leave, knowing that the filly is, perhaps, too disturbed or upset now to continue properly, and also because she still remembers the way rage had flashed in Abishia’s eyes. It was rage that frightened her, and made the horned mare want to leave. “I’m sorry for our misunderstanding… earlier. I will have to see these horses in the basin for myself before fleeing.” She adds with a backward glance, speaking over her shoulder before moving away from the beach and into the trees to find the cold place that Lena had originally intended to lead her to.

@[Abishia]
I thought this would be a good place to end this thread, if thats alright :D